Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

seems like more people have been soloing / low manning these battles since the trusts update. im having trouble getting in.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thus far, I've managed to clear TT, HM, and GK solo with Trust on N in addition to Eald'narche on N. Ouryu is still a bit rough for me on N, but I've taken him on E before. The challenge is preventing Spike Flail from annihilating the NPC's. I'll later do Kam'lanaut on N and attempt GK on D just for fun.

Actually, I should try Eald'narche without NPC's on N once. Also, I plan to do Shadow Lord and Kam'lanaut on N soon. I've done both of those on E and they die very rapidly. MR involves a forced wipe, and EV is rough above E if I don't full-time BDT gear. Regardless, I'm exited to try both. Job used is non-burtgang PLD. I don't use the same weapon for all fights though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

After about 15 or so attempts, probably close to 30 stacks of pet food and probably around 80 dawn mulsums (in total) I finally managed to position my trusts in a non-retarded manner.

AA GK VD win.

Have zero desire to see another AA fight for a good solid while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow. Congrats. I think you just won the bst Olympics lol. Was Semih useful at all?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wow. Congrats. I think you just won the bst Olympics lol. Was Semih useful at all?
    Surprisingly, yes. Only was able to do it a few times in the fight because her ACC is shit and she sometimes felt like closing darkness for ~2 damage, but Cloudsplitter -> Empyreal (or Blast? idk) Arrow -> Light -> Pentapeck -> double light was very, very helpful in giving me a much faster run than before (can see from time).

Overall, she by herself added pretty much no damage, but allowing me to double light with Pentapeck was major. With Spur up I hit one that closed 2nd light for almost 9k.

Edit: Also, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on BGwiki, but in VD at least GK has some level of regen. Saw him tick back up a % on multiple occasions over multiple fights.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just lost to AAEV on Normal (NIN/DNC) because I got caught with Arrogance Incarnate with migawari down. I think it can be done. I need to use that subtle blow ninjutsu and that other one that suppresses enemy's tp gain. going to try again tonight.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Surprisingly, yes. Only was able to do it a few times in the fight because her ACC is shit and she sometimes felt like closing darkness for ~2 damage, but Cloudsplitter -> Empyreal (or Blast? idk) Arrow -> Light -> Pentapeck -> double light was very, very helpful in giving me a much faster run than before (can see from time).

Overall, she by herself added pretty much no damage, but allowing me to double light with Pentapeck was major. With Spur up I hit one that closed 2nd light for almost 9k.

Edit: Also, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on BGwiki, but in VD at least GK has some level of regen. Saw him tick back up a % on multiple occasions over multiple fights.
    All the AA's have a level of Auto-Regen, not just GK. So does Ouryu. I've noticed it before when I used to do DM runs and I'd be tasked with holding the other AA's while the party picked them off. Of course, my old shell mates would not be too happy with me for engaging unaided for the purpose of asserting my awesomeness on PLD. And doing it without burtgang makes people even more upset because it looks like at the slightest touch, you might floor and MPK everybody.

Alas, now that I'm shell-less, my epeen has shrunk a little bit.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

All wyrms have some regen though. Its been a while, but I'm sure Fafhogg has regen, Tiamat has regen, Bahamut does, Vrtra does

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All of the avatars have regen, as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Questions because I am a massive glutton for punishment:

- Is Arrogance Incarnate centered around AAEV or her target? AKA does it behave like Circle Blade or like Dragonfall?
    - Is Amon Drive centered around AATT or his target?
    - Does AATT only have access to Meteor during Manafont? Does he have a preferred element to cast? I.E. will he stick to higher tier Thunder spells over randomly casting Stonega?
    - Been years since I've actually been concerned about causing flail. For flail to trigger the highest person on the hate list needs to be outside of head swing range? So if there are lower people/trusts on hate list behind flail is not a concern?
    - Did they lower trust enmity gain or is a curaga IV going off behind Oreo going to be instant game over?

Usual BST pal is out of town for the weekend and limited playtime over the next week, so going to make some lolattempts at other D/VD solos with trusts.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

arrogance is centered around target, you can melee from behind at max range and avoid it.

taru does only meteor during manafont.

flail stuff is correct.

also, while not a merit bcnm, soloed AV with grasshopper pet with ease this morning just to say i did it. no challenge whatsoever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    arrogance is centered around target, you can melee from behind at max range and avoid it.

taru does only meteor during manafont.

flail stuff is correct.

also, while not a merit bcnm, soloed AV with grasshopper pet with ease this morning just to say i did it. no challenge whatsoever.
    Thanks very much, I think EV /MIGHT/ be doable on VD. D should be fine. AI is rough, but ultimately nothing else she does hurts (on N at least). TT, idk, will dick around with it a bit. Will also try an Ouryu D with Bird. N only takes about 6 minutes without unleash with tiger, but that's sort of a completely different experience than D will be I think.

Do trusts and dispel fall under the same stupid shit as dia? If so I think for EV D/VD will have to rely on Qultada Dark Shot. Can't waste charges on Molting Plumage with Bene/Invinc to worry about.

Awesome about AV and grasshopper. That cracks me up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

might not be viable for VD, but could always try bst/sch in dark arts to dispel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bird has an unresistable(?) dispel move for 1 charge in absolute worst case scenario. It's the main source of magic damage when using bird (and also used to MB on self light). Qultada was (surprisingly) useful in HM VD with using Dark Shot on Utsusemi. Basically as long as the timer wasn't up and he wasn't mid-roll, he would generally DS the shadows off ~50% of the time before bird + I had a chance to clear them with swings. Anything not /nin or /dnc is virtually impossible for VD and probably for D as well since losing the -5s per ready charge will absolutely destroy damage output. The AA solos for BST depend on a hierarchy of cheesy things: -50% DT to slashing from bird > cloudsplitter > swooping frenzy = light +/- molting plumage MB > 10s ready timer > etc. Remove any of those and difficulty I think scales up exponentially.

Won't know more til I'm home and give D a shot for EV/TT but I think Bene is going to be the very annoying thing about EV. I wouldn't quote me on it, since I've done her so infrequently, but I think I've seen her use it anytime between 40% and 70%(?). Obviously the higher the better. If it's a random range of %, then winning is going to come down to luck, which I don't like.

In GK (not quite in HM since his EVA was higher) my TP gain with Blurred+1/Charmer's meant that ~75% of the time I had TP every 20s to match with the 2 charge Swooping Frenzy. Only had to free ready in times when I had to cast shadows / switch gear to turtle for Meikyo when reward wasn't up. I'm expecting EV EVA to be ~ GK more than HM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Amon Drive is target centered. When I tanked TT, I'd stand in the center, and anytime a RNG got too close to me they got dropped. But they could be standing right on TT and be fine. Not to mention, he can use Amon on you from like 15' away. Would be one hell of a mob centered AoE.

I think AAEV's Dominion Slash is also target centered. That or it's a really long cone. But I tend to think target centered from the distance she's dropped the mages and RNGs from.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

when the taru does Manafont for meteor it does Sleepga > meteor > sleepga >meteor, but I've noticed sometimes he'll do 3 meteors, sometimes he'll only do 2 don't know the reason, as pld whenever he casts meteor on me I'll book it to the wall opposite of the stairs since its centered on me it lets the slow people get out of range too, so might be possible for you to run away with trusts and leave pet to eat them. Amon Drive is centered on the target as said. You might already know but the taru wont leave the circle area at unless it uses Blood Weapon or Soul Enslavement. When I would solo as Sch he'd chase me down the hallway and then head back to middle once it wore.

For AAEV how much does the shield bash spam and Intervene effect your pet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    when the taru does Manafont for meteor it does Sleepga > meteor > sleepga >meteor, but I've noticed sometimes he'll do 3 meteors, sometimes he'll only do 2 don't know the reason, as pld whenever he casts meteor on me I'll book it to the wall opposite of the stairs since its centered on me it lets the slow people get out of range too, so might be possible for you to run away with trusts and leave pet to eat them. Amon Drive is centered on the target as said. You might already know but the taru wont leave the circle area at unless it uses Blood Weapon or Soul Enslavement. When I would solo as Sch he'd chase me down the hallway and then head back to middle once it wore.

Yeah TT is weird. It would take a lot of practice I think for me to get used to his behavior. I'm not really sure he's doable, at least not in the melee + bird tank way, but maybe in the "throw tigers at it and hope I don't catch a stray spell" method.

EV shield bash spam on N is infinitely fucking annoying. I don't have words to describe how annoying it is. But it's reasonably periodic and probably workable. i.e. could always cloudsplitter as soon as she bashes pet and stun will be off by the time I finish CS animation and she won't be doing it back to back. SB is much more annoying since I've only soloed N not-engaged using 1 charge moves spamming Molting Plumage. CS -> SF would actually probably be much less infuriating. Intervene hasn't been too annoying.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It will only cast meteor if anyone gets slept. If the only person hit by sleepga resists, it wont cast meteor. If you didnt resist the sleep, the other possibility is it did sleepga, it slept you, but manafont wore off, so no meteor.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    It will only cast meteor if anyone gets slept. If the only person hit by sleepga resists, it wont cast meteor. If you didnt resist the sleep, the other possibility is it did sleepga, it slept you, but manafont wore off, so no meteor.
    I never payed that much attention to notice this, I would keep poison up so I would get slept, poison would wake me and I would run away from everyone. so if I pop Fealty when it uses manafont will it just spam sleepga on me since none would land?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so if I pop Fealty when it uses manafont will it just spam sleepga on me since none would land?
    If it hits other people and sleeps them, it will still attempt to cast meteor. If you pop fealty and everyone moves out of sleepga range from you, then it wont attempt to cast meteor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast