BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Solo Hard Mode Mission Battles

Hate to make a new thread for this but... whatever. I've been sitting on capped merits forever and figured I'd try soloing some of the merit/hardmode BCs on VE. I haven't had any lucky clearing any so far, though. So, I'm wondering which ones people have soloed and what job they used.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've done MR and TT on Red Mage (melee for former, nuking for latter). I've also gotten HM to ~15% before timing out (Kurayami, needing to use defensive food instead of sushi, and sitting in full PDT during Mighty Strikes really slows things down). I last tried a long time ago, before Delve v2; I might be able to pull it off now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Is mijin random? I took 4200 on VE Hume as solo PLD. Never seen it do so much even on VD. He used it at 2%. I had Ochain on but even as a THF or BRD i never usually take more than 2000-2500 and thats VD.

Whats your strat for TT normal using nuke method? My sch has an exemplary nuke set and my T1 nukes do 700-900 on easy, 550 on normal and like 380 on easy. I can barely break 400 on a helix on Difficult not sure how a rdm could manage, cuz with helix dot and t1 nukes i can barely win normal in 30min, and rdm has less ele skill, unless you're /sch?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I think nearly all of them are soloable on VE by a plethora of jobs, the only ones I haven't tried are shadow lord, gessho, and kam'lanaut. That said, my drop rate on items in N/E/VE with TH1/2 is something like 20%/7%/0%, so if you're actually looking to get any drops I'd say VE is a complete waste of time. Here are the ones I've done on higher difficulties:

TT normal - blu/nin; run around, spam dart.

other AA on easy - bst. can probably do most or all of these on normal this way if your bst is good.

tenzen easy - blu/nin; sleep tarus, heal with sanguine blade. use barrier tusk/cocoon/DT gear to avoid getting jobbed by skillchain.

eald'narche easy - blu/nin; spam physical spells + subduction (2 shots adds).

trackers easy - pld/whm; repose rabbit, kill X first. don't kill wyvern it feeds you free TP.

ouryu easy - sch/rdm; helix + nuke and sit around in ilvl + DT gear. I kite it a bit with gravity when it's on the ground, when it's in the air I don't bother.

all avatars on easy - sch/rdm; same as ouryu minus the gravity. With max barspell I resist basically everything they do except ifrit addle which lands occasionally, and paralyze from ramuh thunderspark which lands 100% of the time, bring remedies for that one. Their TP moves are really slow to go off, so you can move out of range of many of them. I always do the avatars on the day they're weak to (with obi in idle for extra MDT) but that's probably not necessary.

puppet in peril difficult - sch/rdm; Kill the fodder mamool with kaustra, kill lancelord with initial kaustra + ice helix/nukes. Susceptible to gravity/bind. You need good nuking/DT gear to pull this off on difficult, normal is a cake walk thou.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Is mijin random? I took 4200 on VE Hume as solo PLD. Never seen it do so much even on VD. He used it at 2%. I had Ochain on but even as a THF or BRD i never usually take more than 2000-2500 and thats VD.

Whats your strat for TT normal using nuke method? My sch has an exemplary nuke set and my T1 nukes do 700-900 on easy, 550 on normal and like 380 on easy. I can barely break 400 on a helix on Difficult not sure how a rdm could manage, cuz with helix dot and t1 nukes i can barely win normal in 30min, and rdm has less ele skill, unless you're /sch?
    The difference is that you're doing it on normal, and I did it on VE. It's still not a super quick fight, but it's not hard if you get a rhythm going, even on Red Mage. I could have done it on harder difficulties (Easy definitely, Normal depending on just how resist he gets), but I never went back after the VE kill.

Honestly, on mobs where RDM's crappy elemental skill doesn't matter, they're not really that much worse nukers than SCH. They can equip basically all the same MAB/MDMG stuff, and RDM's inherent fast cast helps offset SCH's strategems and better helices somewhat.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Weather, ebullience MB helix, kaustra, + having to spend far less time healing due to light arts regen/embrava is a big difference in many of these fights. It's very easy for sch to floor casting time these days so idk why you bring that up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ah, well I forget sometimes that gearswap/spellcast makes precast sets so easy. I don't really use them because I feel it automates the game too much for my personal taste, so I only have precasts on longer casting spells.

Still, RDM is still a decent nuker on stuff that isn't particularly resistant; E TT would be very doable on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

They are all soloable on E with SMN, even Kam'Lanaut (Astral Conduit Chaotic > Volt Strike can even kill it from 52% but it's safer to bring a nuke set for Fetters). The most important thing is to have a very good Enfeebling set, 30% Slow, 25% Paralyze and Gravity change everything. As surprising as it may be I have no problem to land debuffs in Normal battlefields with /WHM or /RDM SJ (unless the enemy has a resist trait).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Done many of them as RUN/SAM or /NIN, and even /WHM for a few. Avatars I can do on Normal, the rest I haven't tried beyond Easy/VE in a long time. Also haven't tried any solo since finishing Epeolatry. Time is almost always a bigger issue than the actual enemy. I've noticed the synth materials have a consistent drop rate across all difficulties, as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

How do you keep yourself healed on run/sam? Are you taking so little damage that vivacious pulse is enough?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't /whm or /rdm be better dps anyways because of haste and dia?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pulse/Regen IV is enough, with /SAM alternating between Hasso and Seigan based on how well things are going. I actually haven't tried WHM sub for most of the fights, and since I haven't done any fights solo in a while, but yeah WHM sub would likely do better if Blink doesn't fail me. Part of what makes SAM and NIN sub work is Utsusemi/Third Eye blocking dangerous crap like Amon Drive.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't barstone +barpetrify + Flabra do a pretty good job against petrify?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Soloing high-tier mission battles is one of my favorite things to do! Based on what I've read, I definitely need to try out BLU. I use BST and RUN for my soloing. I actually have a few solo videos of BST from months ago available here: http://www.twitch.tv/magnus57/profile

I do E in those videos, but since then I've cleared HM and MR on N using the same strategy: BST with acc gear/food and bird pet, and /NIN to absorb AOEs.

EV's Benediction is just too much to kill her on N for me right now, but I think after they halve the recast on Ready in the coming update, I'll be able to take her on N. She's cake on E, as is GK, but I haven't tried him on N yet.

I've tried the Stellar Fulcrum fight on E a few times as BST. Everything works before he starts spawning the nodes, Utsusemi absorbs his dangerous AOE and you can Snarl your hate back to your pet when it wipes their hate. But after he starts spawning the nodes, I can't kill them fast enough. This may also be resolved in the coming update though - Zhivago deals a good deal of damage to nodes that don't resist him, and elemental weaponskills could kill the rest.

Avatars are all easy solos for RUN on E, but I've been working on consistent strategies for them on N without mythic. I've been subbing WHM just to save on remedies, and I was planning on trying Shiva on N using /RDM and eating the remedy cost, but /NIN might really be the way to go. Someone mentioned it here and I haven't thought of that since I was first leveling it. I'll post if I have any success with N avatar fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bumping random thread since I don't want to shit up any others with this.

So this happened tonight instead of me sleeping during finals week.

Spoiler: show

Actually didn't go quite how I planned. Game plan was to Molting Plumage her to death but after ~10 of them without a single one going above full resist (200-300 damage) I switched to Swooping Frenzy. Finished in 24 minutes with 70% of my unleash unused and run wild ~4 min left. Last 25% with Cloudsplitter solo is pretty hectic. Think I used 4-5 mulsums in < 1 minute. She self darknessed on me at one point with CS. Other than that was able to ride zeta / eta the whole fight.

First AA on D I've soloed. Hit Galka and Elvaan on N right before this, but that's pretty routine at this point.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I haven't done a solo AA fight above Easy, but next time you might want to try Pentapeck spam. Pentapeck > Pentapeck = Light. When I solo AA Hume, I get it down to under 50% and then spam it with Unleash. I haven't had him blow up on me yet (knocks on wood).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solo Hard Mode Mission Battles

I do that for unleash when using bird usually. Though for N / D fights it isn't quite as much of a cheese-mode button. With Run Wild and Spur probably could've handled 35-40% for MR D, was playing it safe though and didn't pop it til 25% cuz RW timer and I knew her CS would be doing 1.8-2.4k per. Killshot was with swooping because she was 1% and I like the animation better, lol.

For Galka N it's only about 30% reliably from Penta spam, D I wouldn't be surprised if it was 20-25, his HP goes up a lot with each difficulty. EV N or higher it just isn't possible to unleash on her solo. She uses shield bash every 10-15s or so for the entire fight. It's very annoying. Plumage spam here over penta has the added bonus of keeping her fully dispelled for the entire fight.

Hume yeah I can see penta working, but he gets spammy with utsu ni/san under 25 which can be annoying. Plumage going through shadows is nice for that. And TT I don't even bother with bird for N. I use tiger since he covers distance super quick. TT is squishy as fuck so razor fang spam is more than enough, again another fight where unleash loses a lot of benefit from warping + petri spam. I have TT N at like 7-8min without unleash, may try D for hume and TT sometime soon.

I used to rely on Penta unleash much more than I do lately, which is a big reason why my main physical ready set is all ACC aug'd. MAB set is really nice though for some fights. May need to re-aug a piece or two with MACC though for higher level stuff.

Edit: Yeah just tried AA HM D for shits. Timed out at 12%. Once unleash wore off I couldn't keep his utsusemi: san off. Penta->penta-> light only took off 30%, which is in line with what I was thinking. I think I did maybe 2-3% total after unleash wore off in the 4 minutes before I timed out. Sub for diaga would be an option I suppose. Same problem with Plumage that I had on MR D, not a single one > 250 damage. Should be very doable if there is a level of MACC that can be hit without sacrificing too much MAB that allows for plumage to not be resisted, but yeah, for now (at least with my current setup) I think I'm a bit away from finishing off HM D.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I soloed AAMR on VE as NIN/DNC with 4 trusts. I used Gessho to tank, Ulmia, Joachim and Karaha. Karaha's become useless once his mp ran out but he closed my SC to do darkness twice which helped on damage. Gessho died when AAMR spammed her WS near the end of the fight so I tanked the last 5%.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trying to solo my Seraphicaller to take my smn to the next level; what seraphicaller dropping battle is easiest to solo as smn or dnc?

Aside from seraphicaller my smn is decently geared.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I did another AAMR on VE, this time with Gessho, Koru-Moru, Ulmia and Qultada. Worked better because Koru-Moru does better enfeebles and have refresh/convert so he doesnt run out of mp through out the fight. Tried on E and got pwned pretty bad. I'm gonna stick with VE until i upgraded my stuff to 119.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast