Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've gotten Ifrit Prime to 12% on RDM/NIN on normal difficulty. He's got an instant kill combination that he pulls off eventually due to the long battle times, but I'm sure I can kill him if I try him enough times that he doesn't ever try it. After Firaja (~1000), I can either Cure IV myself or Utsusemi before his next attack. If I Cure IV, a physical + Flaming Crush (~1700 combined if no shadows are up) will kill me. If I Utsusemi, a Meteor Strike (~1000) will kill me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Have you tried running away from him when he starts casting Firaja? That should give you a little distance and force him to use Meteor Strike because it's long range.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Did Shiva N as RUN with Apururu, Arciela, Ulmia, and Joachim. Was ezpz, and my RUN isn't even very well geared in terms of modern gear. Can probably do all of the avatars this way easily, Ramuh being the most annoying of them most likely.

Was also doing E/N/D AA solos on BST with Tulfaire pet before Trusts could even go in there, so with Trusts those should be a joke.

Arcy ends up being immensely helpful for these sorts of solos, I love her.

Tip for avatars: most of their melee TP moves have extremely short ranges. You can outrun them with base movement speed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

astral flow didnt kill your trusts?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I soloed all of the AA yesterday on NIN/WAR with healer trusts. Did them on VE as a test run. The only one that gave me trouble was Mithra. Any way to avoid her charm? Hume gave me a scare at the end when it Mijin'ed near the end, Migawari saved me but it one shot all my trusts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I soloed all of the AA yesterday on NIN/WAR with healer trusts. Did them on VE as a test run. The only one that gave me trouble was Mithra. Any way to avoid her charm? Hume gave me a scare at the end when it Mijin'ed near the end, Migawari saved me but it one shot all my trusts.
    /run could probably avoid charm if you time it right

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok I've won AA Hm and Gk on N with trusts. I have also attempted Ev on N. I timed out twice. Benediction is the problem. I'm still working on a strat because I think it can be done.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    astral flow didnt kill your trusts?
    Didn't even come close. Between Shell5, One for All, and Valiance it never did enough to bring them below 50%, and they weren't in range of -ga -ja or Heavenly Strike

Campaign
    BG Level

How did you make so they weren't in range for AoE? (positioning isn't always easy with their AI, and some tend to stay at a range that's within AoE range)
    Also can't keep Valiance up all of the time. Altough I guess you can pop OFA in the cooldown between Valiances, but still...

Maybe using a trust like Brygid would've helped? She gives MDB.
    Supposing GEO-like trusts do affect other trusts as well, not sure if that has ever been proved.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They never even came close to dying and Apururu healed everyone with a Curaga after every Diamond Dust. It really didn't hit hard at all, it was a nonissue. All you need to do is engage on the path leading to the crystal then pull back just inside of casting range, then turn Shiva so her back is facing the Trusts. They won't be hit by anything except Diamond Dust and Paralyga. Arcy stands closer than Apururu does but she was still out of range of AoEs.

Campaign
    BG Level

Odd, Arciela is always at closeup range meleeing whenever I call her =/
    Which order did you summon your trusts out, if you remember?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Apururu -> Arcy -> BRDs. She was standing at range and autoattacking from afar for me, and the BRDs were standing back too which did seem unusual to me but I didn't put much thought into it. Even when Shiva reset hate on Astral Flow and I pulled it back over to my spot, they didn't follow her over and they never moved next to me. If my account were still active I'd take a video of it, but not paying a sub fee just for that sorry.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not an HTB but absolutely the most boring thing I've done in recent memory.

Spoiler: show

100% solo. Didn't do any shouts, nobody showed up. Hit it once for buffs then watched Top Gear for 36 minutes. Hate reset surprised me once which is why trusts are dead, lol.

Edit:

1-upped my own bad ideas. 41 minute Yumcax WKR (Yorcia) solo. Don't feel like uploading pics because it's just me standing there with grasshopper looking bored.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So why not melee it so it doesn't take as long? Those WKR are soloable by non-pet jobs in terrible gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    So why not melee it so it doesn't take as long? Those WKR are soloable by non-pet jobs in terrible gear.
    Every time I've done WKR (in groups, not often, probably 1-2 times each?) I end up dead from TP spam because trusts eat shit and die. I'd be interested to see what jobs besides PLD, RDM, PUP, and maybe BLU? could solo them.

Also I don't carry holy waters with me so there's your answer for Yumcax.

And can solo in terrible gear? I'm gonna call your bluff on that. I don't think so, lol. 6-8k damage + melee swings every 10 seconds with grasshopper. What other jobs can put out damage that fast solo in shit gear?

Edit: RDM who solos D/VD HTB only did Colkhab 5 minutes faster than I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleN-AFtLoQ Gonna go ahead and say you're full of shit.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

BLU can solo them for sure

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I need to find a bst to solo Yumcax for me because I never learned the blu spell

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    BLU can solo them for sure
    Was talking to fellow BST pal who is also a mythic RDM. I know he has soloed the same WKR I have and in comparable times. Not saying other jobs can't solo them, just saying they can solo in shit gear is a dumb statement.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I meant the t1s (dinosaur, bee, shark). Anyone that can buy a homestead weapon, and swap between basic DT gear can solo them. Before you could bring trusts in, (or summon trusts in combat, have WS do like double the damage they used to, etc.) most jobs besides blu, pld, etc. probably couldn't do it, but nowadays?

Rdm can't wear the homestead sword or dagger (thanks SE), and is quite slow at killing anything to begin with, so I'm not sure what your point with that video is.

T2s yeah the only one soloable by average players without pets is probably hurkan. Lion is tedious because you either have to deal with non-stop dispel + paralyze or kite-nuke it to death, and yumcax is just a mess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Was talking to fellow BST pal who is also a mythic RDM. I know he has soloed the same WKR I have and in comparable times. Not saying other jobs can't solo them, just saying they can solo in shit gear is a dumb statement.
    I'm not saying this is true here but inability to solo quickly doesn't necessarily rule out the ability to solo slowly with shit gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast