1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Limit Break Radio - The XIV Podcast You Should Be Listening To

http://limitbreakradio.com/art/CircleLogoSmall.png

Howdy BG!

Some of you will remember us from the FFXI days or have heard about us in the past year but just in case you haven't:

Limit Break Radio is a Final Fantasy XIV podcast that doesn't sound like somebody hit record on their Vent channel. LBR is more like a morning radio show that just happens to be about Final Fantasy XIV. So, we have our podcast which is available on iTunes and limitbreakradio.com but we also do the show live on Twitch which lets anyone and everyone get in on the show.

Here's some info

Live on Twitch
    Limit Break Radio streams its episodes live on Twitch.tv, which provides for a unique opportunity for listeners to call-in to the show using Skype. Limit Break Radio is an open forum for the Final Fantasy XIV community to express their thoughts and opinions about the game, the direction of the development, and any topic related to Final Fantasy XIV. There are no rules, no restrictions, the phones lines at LBR are completely open. We want to encourage players of all skill levels and expertise to get involved. Currently we record one a month and split what we record into 3 parts released over three weeks. Moving forward we're looking at ways to make the show weekly. We invite all Final Fantasy XIV players to participate in the live show.

Our next live show is happening March 1st 2015 at 2:00pm Eastern please join us live on Twitch

In the past year we've been able to do some really cool stuff including interview Susan Calloway, the vocalist featured on the FFXIV theme Answers and Distant Worlds performer, do remote podcasts from the 2014 Las Vegas Fan Fest, throw the unofficial 2014 Vegas FanFest after party at Insert Coin(s), and give away epic prizes like time cards, a Yoshi-P signed FFXIV Art Book, soundtracks and more. We want to push this as far as we can, but to do that WE NEED YOU...to just give us a little of you time and check out the show.

Links
    Limit Break Radio.com
    Twitch channel
    YouTube channel
    @LimitBreakRadio
    Facebook

Episodes
    Episode 34 - The Deafening Silence of Grinding Gears
    Episode 33 - Bag O' Mail
    Episode 32 - Media Killed The MMO Star
    Episode 31 - Se7en
    Episode 30 - New World Order
    Episode 29 - The Meta
    Episode 28 - The Nose Knows
    Episode 27 - Feel the LOV
    Episode 26 - Do You Even PVP, Bro?
    Episode 25 - #NeverForget
    Episode 24 - Raid Anxiety
    Episode 23 - Newbeginnings
    Episode 22 - The Double Down
    Episode 21 - Salted Earth
    Episode 20 - Gate Keepers
    Episode 19 - The Stack Up
    Episode 18 - Looking Heavensward
    Episode 17 - Dey Tuuk ARR Jerrbs!
    Episode 16 - Weakly Episodes
    Episode 15.3 - Look At Me, I'm The Host Now (Garlean take over)
    Episode 15.2 - Community Chest
    Episode 15.1 - Steps of Salt
    Episode 14.3 - The Showdown
    Episode 14.2 - Bad Kingdom
    Episode 14.1 - The Fallen
    Episode 13.55 - Please Refill My Drink
    Episode 13.3 - FFXIVs Worst
    Episode 13.2 - Questionable Content
    Episode 13.1 – Two Point Five One
    Episode 12.55 – Drops, Derps and Dorps
    Episode 12.3 - Mail Sack + Giveaways
    Episode 12.2 - #GetGood
    Episode 12.1 – Two Point Five
    Episode 11.45 – It’s Nerf…or Something
    Episode 11.3 – A Got Tutor
    Episode 11.2 – A Radio Recurrence
    Episode 11.1 – That’s A Lot Of Ones
    Episode 10.3 – A Loose and Droopy Mailbag
    Episode 10.2 – Housing, The Economy and Other Woes
    Episode 10.1 – Tokyo Game Show Live Producer Letter
    Episode 9.38 – Patch 2.38
    Episode 9.3 – Mogmail Time
    Episode 9.2 – Limit Hunting Hunts (The Hunts Follow Up)
    Episode 9.1 – Live Letter XVI and Susan Calloway
    Episode 8.3 – Right In The Moogle Mailbag
    Episode 8.2 – The Hunt!
    Episode 8.1 – Patch 2.3 Thus Far
    Episode 7.3 – Special Delivery!
    Episode 7.2 – Current State of FFXIV Endgame
    Episode 7.1 – E3 2014
    Episode 6.3 – Elitist Party Finders
    Episode 6.2 – Yosheep
    Episode 6.1 – Live Letter XIV
    Episode 5.3 – #FFXIVSelfie
    Episode 5.2 – Almost Through The Maelstrom
    Episode 5.1 – Two Point Two
    Episode 4.3 – Right In The Mailbag
    Episode 4.2 – Questing 101
    Episode 4.1 – R Words
    Episode 3.3 – The Hangover
    Episode 3.2 – Drunk Letter XII
    Episode 3.1 – Up The Drunx!!
    Episode 2.3 – #FappingTheRealm
    Episode 2.2 – The Anieroposition Cometh
    Episode 2.1 – Two Point One
    Episode 1.3 – Almost Awoken
    Episode 1.2 – All Go No Slow!
    Episode 1.1 – First Blood!!
    Episode 0 – The Pilot

FanFest Specials
    2014 Fan Fest Special Part 4 (Tokyo)
    2014 Fan Fest Special Part 3 (London & Patch 2.4)
    2014 Fan Fest Special Part 2 (Las Vegas)
    2014 Fan Fest Special Part 1 (Las Vegas)

We want your feedback! If you like or don't like the show feel free to leave us a note here. We're pretty open to ways we can improve the show. Just dont be a dick about it.

I'll keep this thread updated with new episodes as we release them.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cool stuff, I'll listen to some podcasts in the coming days.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

LBR is pretty good. Been listening for about three months now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How do you find time to post working two jobs? Pretty legit podcast best of the ff ones out there probably.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ah, I remember the good old time when we were farming swift belts in the Sacrarium in FFXI.... almost wiped on Caithleann and Kallo and me had to hate bounce tank her lol
    You guys are on Sargatanas together with Tamtu, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    LBR is pretty good. Been listening for about three months now.
    Thanks, glad you like the show! We appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    How do you find time to post working two jobs? Pretty legit podcast best of the ff ones out there probably.
    TWO JHAAAAABS! lol. Thanks very much. We were crowned "Best Final Fantasy" (by another Final Fantasy podcast) but, fuck it, whatever. We'll take it! And nobody can prove we're NOT the best FF podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    Ah, I remember the good old time when we were farming swift belts in the Sacrarium in FFXI.... almost wiped on Caithleann and Kallo and me had to hate bounce tank her lol
    You guys are on Sargatanas together with Tamtu, right?
    That's awesome! Yes, we're all on Sarg and I know Tamtu has a character here but I'm not sure it it's his main. I've kind of lost track of that dude but I know he's doing the video game journalism thing for a job now so I'm glad to see him continuing to make awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Cool stuff, I'll listen to some podcasts in the coming days.
    Thanks for checking out the show. Make sure to let us know what you think! Thanks!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Great stuff! I've been a fan of you guys since your XI days way back when.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Not much of a podcast listener but bored at work...

As a new listener my first impression was...

Clicked on 12.55 'cause it's the latest one. 17 minutes until talking about the actual game? Hooooly shit. Is this the norm? Lets see... 12.3 is mailbag and giveaways so that's probably going to have a bunch of crap I don't care about in it, so lets try 12.2. 7 minutes. Decent, 12.1 may be better since it's a x.1? 14 minutes. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. I guess I can understand that's fine for existing listeners, but good lord that's not a pleasant barrier of entry for new people.

I went back and continued to listen past the 17 minute barrier of 12.55 and the podcast is actually good once you guys get going. If I continue to listen, I might just seek right on past your first several minutes though.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I listened to you guys way back in the FFXI days. I happened onto your show while looking at FFXI for a potential mmo to play from the main XI website. In fact you guys were the reason I got into FFXI, specifically your hilarious Dunes stories. I don't play XIV anymore but I'll check you guys out if you're still as funny as you were back then.

P.S. Whatever happened to Kallo? He was fucking hilarious, hope he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Not much of a podcast listener but bored at work...

As a new listener my first impression was...

Clicked on 12.55 'cause it's the latest one. 17 minutes until talking about the actual game? Hooooly shit. Is this the norm? Lets see... 12.3 is mailbag and giveaways so that's probably going to have a bunch of crap I don't care about in it, so lets try 12.2. 7 minutes. Decent, 12.1 may be better since it's a x.1? 14 minutes. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. I guess I can understand that's fine for existing listeners, but good lord that's not a pleasant barrier of entry for new people.

I went back and continued to listen past the 17 minute barrier of 12.55 and the podcast is actually good once you guys get going. If I continue to listen, I might just seek right on past your first several minutes though.
    Yeah, we've got this criticism in the past. We used to be a lot worse about it. I'm not sure why I tend to bullshit around before the topic. Maybe its to try and find our groove? Anyway, I appreciate you checking out the show and taking the time to give us some feedback! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I listened to you guys way back in the FFXI days. I happened onto your show while looking at FFXI for a potential mmo to play from the main XI website. In fact you guys were the reason I got into FFXI, specifically your hilarious Dunes stories. I don't play XIV anymore but I'll check you guys out if you're still as funny as you were back then.

P.S. Whatever happened to Kallo? He was fucking hilarious, hope he's doing well.
    Thats such a huge compliment, thank you! We've always had a significant audience of people who just like the show and dont even play xi or xiv, which is a little strange but really flattering and awesome. Kallo is actually back for our XIV show, so even though you don't play anymore you'll probably enjoy what we're doing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    Great stuff! I've been a fan of you guys since your XI days way back when.
    Thanks for listening!

On the next Limit Break Radio: The Top 10 WORST Players in Final Fantasy XIV.

LBR: Putting the UNITY in community

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast13part1.jpg

Here it is Limit Break Radio listeners, the first part of what may be Limit Break Radio’s most epic episode to date! On today’s show Limit Break Radio officially announces and unveils their Patreon fundraising campaign, the LBR memorabilia auction and community advertising program. Limit Break Radio fans can now support their favorite FFXIV podcast directly, get some cool exclusive gifts and help shape the future of Limit Break Radio. The LBRmy has already started to answer that call with a staggering $795 per month being pledged! You can check out all the rewards and plans for Limit Break Radio’s future by visiting out Patreon page. The crew also reminds you about the FanArt Contest as well as the Glamour Cosplay contest. Oh, and they talk about Final Fantasy XIV, duh. 2.51 is the topic today! On the docket: The Manderville Gold Saucer, Triple Triad, Chocobo Racing and the final leg of the Zodiac Weapons questline. Keep an eye on the website for more updates about our brand new programs!

MP3 Download
    YouTube Video
    RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast13part2.jpg

Here we go Limit Break Radio listeners, the crew dives head long into a controversial debate: is the 3rd party tool Guildwork a game-breaking app that breaks an event or is it a mostly innocuous, creatively designed piece of software that automates information sharing? Does Square-Enix’s responses to past tools give us an indication about what realistic risks are involved with using the software? LBR breaks it all down for you, and lets you lend your voice to the discussion by taking calls on the topic. Do you have a strong feeling about Guildwork? The discussion doesn't end with the podcast, send us an email to [email protected] or leave a comment on our Facebook page and we’ll be sure to read it next time on the show.

MP3 Download
    YouTube Video
    RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...st13part55.jpg

It’s patch day! Time to find out who or what ends up falling in patch 2.55. Limit Break Radio has you covered because we’re talking about everything we know about patch 2.55 and what we learned about Heavensward from interviews out at PAX East 2015 as well as GDC and others. We also read your emails and respond to the drama llama. That’s all on this super sized episode of Limit Break Radio!

MP3 Download
    YouTube Video
    Podcast RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast14part1.jpg

Welp. That’s it folks. A Realm Reborn has come to a dramatic end. We’re all giving it some time to let the full gravity set in. Oh, you don’t know what happens yet? OK, fine, we get it. We will remain spoiler free for just 1 more week and then the spoiler embargo lifts and we have a big spoilery story discussion! In the meantime, for today’s show we’re going to go over all of the information dropped in Live Producer Letter XX. We also give final reminders for listeners to submit entries for the Limit Break Radio Pop Culture FanArt Contest and the Glamorous Cosplay Contest because episode 15 is your deadline. Finish your 2.55 main story quests, because next episode all will be revealed!

MP3 Download
    YouTube Video
    Podcast RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast14part2.jpg

Here we go. Strap in, because Limit Break Radio is finally talking all things lore and story in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. All spoilers are fair game. If you don’t want to be spoiled on any part of the FFXIV story, wait to listen to this episode! To help with this monumental task the crew has enlisted the help of Eorzean YouTube guru Ethys Asher. Ethys makes some of the most fascinating and well presented videos about Final Fantasy XIV that we’ve ever found. If this episode doesn’t convince you to subscribe to his channel, maybe consider this video of his summary of the 1.0 story line. Everything is on the table, let’s talk some story!

MP3 Download
    YouTube Video
    Podcast RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast14part3.jpg

Limit Break Radio returns with one of our very last “part 3″ episodes. We see the return of Limit Breaking Music, and of course your #FMFFLs and e-mails. Ethys Asher remains on standby to answer any lore questions the crew may have. Episode 15 will be our very last 3 part episode as wel head to a weekly schedule in late May/early June because of your generous support at our Patreon page. This is also your very last chance to enter our art contest and cosplay glamour contest! Alright, on with the show!

MP3 Download
    Podcast RSS Feed

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast15part1.jpg

This is it! The last 3 part Limit Break Radio episode ever! Because of your support at our Patreon page, Limit Break Radio announces the premier date of the weekly Limit Break Radio: June 7th 2015. The crew also announces the winners of Fan Art contest and glamour contest. All entries for the contest including our winning entries will be here on LimitBreakRadio.com in a few days. The crew weighs in on Patch 2.57 and the coil echo buff, Steps of Faith nerf and pony music as well as run through the Q&A from the Nico Super FATE event with some juicy Heavensward tidbits. Plus your calls and Kallo’s new PC, that’s today on Limit Break Radio.

MP3 Download
    Podcast RSS Feed
    YouTube

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

15.2 is the most humbling thing I've ever heard you guys are just wonderful (hope you do grab sona that kitty bro is awesome to keep us all together :D)

http://limitbreakradio.com/images/ba...ast15part2.jpg

Limit Break Radio returns with part 2 of episode 15, which is LBR’s final monthly episode. We are officially one week closer to Limit Break Radio’s debut as a weekly show all thanks to your generous support over on Patreon. On todays show: Final Fantasy XIV news has been scant as of late, but the community is more active and vibrant than ever. Joining the crew on todays show is Mr Happy of Mr Happy Gaming and the Dream Network to talk about their new talk show State of the Realm and upcoming plans for his channel. They’re also joined by old friend of the show Fusionx of Gamer Escape and Aetheryte Radio to see what Gamer Escape has planned moving into Heavensward and reminisce about how the community has evolved from 1.0 to 2.0. We’re also joined by a special 3rd guest but we’ll leave that one a surprise! And then we check out the not-so-good side of the Final Fantasy XIV community and introduce our brand new segment: Shitpost Dramatic Reads. That’s all on this episode of Limit Break Radio.

MP3 Download
    Podcast RSS Feed
    YouTube