+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Untitled Alien Film (Neill Blomkamp version)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ne...mp-1201436551/

20th Century Fox has closed a deal with director Neill Blomkamp to develop a new “Alien” movie, sources confirm.

The untitled sci-fi project is separate from “Prometheus 2,” which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott.

Blomkamp, who directed “District 9″ and the upcoming Sony feature “Chappie,” had been teasing the project in recent months but said the extra-terrestrial reboot was likely abandoned. It was supposed to star “Alien” veteran Sigourney Weaver.

But on Wednesday Blomkamp confirmed the tentpole was back on track at Fox.

“So I think this is officially my next film,” he confirmed on Instagram.

It’s unclear whether Weaver is still attached to the movie.

According to insiders, the new “Alien” takes place years after the “Prometheus” sequel. Scott is producing both films through his production company Scott Free.

“Prometheus,” also distributed by Fox, was “loosely based” on the Alien franchise and earned over $400 million worldwide. But the 3D movie opened to mixed reviews and Fox hopes Blomkamp, who last directed “Elysium,” can take the franchise to the next level.

Born in South Africa, the 35 year-old Blomkamp is repped by WME.

this shit is super exciting, he instagramed some of the concept art little bit ago and internet went crazy

MOTHER OF GODDDDDD

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck yes, have complete faith in Blomkamp.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Wish I could be hype for this but skeptical.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Fuck yes, have complete faith in Blomkamp.
    this is why I'm excited

Is that Riply?

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I loved Prometheus (don't judge me!) and anything Alien related I'll get a little hype for. Excited to see the development of this!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Some of that art has been released previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Is that Riply?
    Neil had a discussion with her and showed her concepts while they worked together on Chappie. She has stated that she wants to join this project.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is another piece of his concept art:

That's Ripley and Hicks, obviously. I'm trying to figure out how I would feel about a new sequel to Aliens, that just pretended Alien 3 never happened. Alien Resurrection can happen in any continuity, but 3 pretty much eliminates the possibility of a sequel that picks up right where Aliens left off.

Unless it were a dream.... Which would be at least somewhat foreshadowed, considering they've already established a pattern of xenomorph-related nightmares.

[cold open]
    Ripley falls into the furnace, the alien queen bursts out of her chest.
    [smash cut]
    64-year old Ripley sits bolt upright in bed, screaming from another nightmare. Phone rings. It's 58-year old scarred up Hicks.
    "I just had the dream again."
    "Me too."
    "But it's noon. They come at night, mostly. Why are they starting again?"
    [Aliens 2 title card]

I think I could get behind this. Or something in a similar vein that was slightly less cliche.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have a feeling that they will just ignore anything past Aliens.

Damn, 5 minutes in and she's already about to blow herself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I loved Prometheus (don't judge me!) and anything Alien related I'll get a little hype for. Excited to see the development of this!
    I love Prometheus also, fuck the haters.
    Also:
    Official news followed, confirming 20th Century Fox had signed Blomkamp to the project, while also revealing two other major pieces of information.

No matter how obvious it seemed, we can now confirm that Alien director Ridley Scott and his company Scott/Free will produce the new Alien, which will take place following the events of his Prometheus trilogy.

I say trilogy because Fox confirmed Prometheus 2 is still in the works. Also, it’s pretty obvious that, based on Blomkamp’s concept art, his vision for Alien takes place following the events of the initial four films – and those films take place after the timeline of the Prometheus trilogy. In the art we see an older Ripley, as well as a deformed (clone?) of Cpl. Hicks (Michael Biehn) who we all thought died in David Finchers’s 1992 Alien 3. Ripley also looks to finally don the Engineers’ Space Jockey helmet to pilot an alien ship. My guess is she’s going back to the Xenomorph’s home planet, as she’s openly expressed her desire to do, in order to kill the species once and for all, and could potentially pilot the crashed ship to safety.

Ironically, this is sort of what happened in the original script for Prometheus, which wasn’t supposed to be a trilogy. The plan was for the Alien prequel to take place on the same planet as Alien, and for the Space Jockey ship to be shot down linking directly to the crashed ship in Alien. This was changed to set up the Prometheus trilogy, which is at least guaranteed to have a sequel. Michael Green is penning the screenplay with plans to have it in theaters by summer 2016. Neill Blomkamp, in the meantime, will develop the screenplay for his Alien sequel. Don’t expect that until at the very earliest 2017.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...-announcement/

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Man....about to marathon all Alien movies again today. Get the hype train rolling!

You can't kill off the Xenomorphs. It's kinda too late for that... At least if you follow any of their stories or anything. Not to mention Predators have Queens in their holds specifically for breeding them on planets for their hunts.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    You can't kill off the Xenomorphs. It's kinda too late for that... At least if you follow any of their stories or anything. Not to mention Predators have Queens in their holds specifically for breeding them on planets for their hunts.
    Is the stuff with Predator though official canon, or is it just using the Dark Horse comics timeline which I thought was unofficial.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I just started playing Alien Isolation too.

Hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Is the stuff with Predator though official canon, or is it just using the Dark Horse comics timeline which I thought was unofficial.
    No clue to be honest. The universe is kinda confusing as they drop hints in each one of each existences. But either way even in Aliensverse it seems like the Xeno's have spread quite a bit.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

What's with all the how does Ripley come back questions? They just make another one obviously like in Alien Resurrection.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level