Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Wait. I can play as a Centaur?

I'm in. Seriously. I'm so sick of MMOs that claim to be about "you", yet restrict you to generic midget, elf, human, big dude tropes. Why are we always killing Centaur and Harpy? Why can't I ROLL a Harpy or Centaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Wait. I can play as a Centaur?

I'm in. Seriously. I'm so sick of MMOs that claim to be about "you", yet restrict you to generic midget, elf, human, big dude tropes. Why are we always killing Centaur and Harpy? Why can't I ROLL a Harpy or Centaur?
    The better question is when can I RP have sex with them?

What's stopping you now?

Character models mostly. It's hard to imagine fake RP sexing something if there aren't pixels to help.

Kids today, no imagination.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I totally don't foresee a certain playerbase rolling blue centaurs and have a rainbow clan emblem.

I'd make Arcade Hecarim

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The game is currently in pre alpha, but founders can still get in and do pvp. They are testing the combat and skill animations, and it's already better than EQ Next's (Landmark)..

Comparing anything to EQ:N is not much of a compliment Is that game happening at all?

Crowfall looks fine for such early tests, but what will make or break them is their engine performance in large scale fights (I mean, large like hundreds of players close together).

Tests of these won't happen until second half of this year, I'd say.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Game systems look cool but the graphics seem to leave a lot to be desired right now. Do they plan on buffing them up any?

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Game systems look cool but the graphics seem to leave a lot to be desired right now. Do they plan on buffing them up any?
    Of course, this is pure making of sausage. Kickstarter ended 10 months ago, and they are letting players test already since August, no NDA.

On the other hand, don't expect too much from visuals - primary focus is making battles with hundreds of players possible; That was the main reason for rather low poly models and cartoony style. Anyway, here is some January test footage:

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I get to be a goddamn centaur. That alone will make me buy this. Kudos to them for making more playable races that take a bit of effort to design. I don't want to hear a company talking about not making different races because tests show that people wouldn't play them; not everyone wants to play a loli or a fucking elf every game. I'd roll with an armored Centaur or Harpy anyday.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nice, glad to see things are starting to come together.

Here's an early look at world building tool - players will be able to use this to play Tetris and build their own kingdoms (in addition to setting rules there - such as taxes or PvP + full corpse loot on/off):

...and here's one for backers from Australia (and other non-USA/EU communities), TLDR is - cloud technology makes setting "distant" servers much quicker and cheaper:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I get to be a goddamn centaur. That alone will make me buy this. Kudos to them for making more playable races that take a bit of effort to design. I don't want to hear a company talking about not making different races because tests show that people wouldn't play them; not everyone wants to play a loli or a fucking elf every game. I'd roll with an armored Centaur or Harpy anyday.
    I love centaurs too, but in CF right now the only Centaur archetype (maybe they'll create more who knows) is a support!!!! Not that I have anything against support role, but the glorious centaur race which conquered countless words, fought epic battles, vanquished humans, dwarves and elves alike, would be relegate to fill the role of "support"? No, this is unacceptable for me, I can not bear this disgrace. Centaur lovers, unite and share the words, may we restore the Centaur race former glory!

Haha Centaurs !HYPE! xD The first Crowfall thing I ever saw (or at least the first one that caught my attention) was this screenshot of a Centaur on Massively OP, and they'll also have females, err...ladies.

Couple new videos, connected to new siege engines - below you can see these babies in action; I call this "Death in the Rubble":

...plus some recent Ranger gameplay (just BTW Druid is to be added next, a healing/nuking hybrid):

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Crowfall show off the Guinea Pig Duelist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Crowfall show off the Guinea Pig Duelist.
    It looks much better in gameplay than in this demo - they tweaked him a bit during "Big World" tests. Here's a preview by TheLazyPeon - if you know about the game, skip his intro (first 100 seconds) for new footage:

...and some combat footage by ItsZiz:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Crowfall has gotten some big time private investment. With the new money the devs have decided to get rid of Archetypes and go for an all new class system. Now certain races can be certain classes.

Spoiler: show

The devs are also introducing a new system called the Discipline system. These are runes you can place on your weapons and gear to further customise your character. There will be over hundreds of runes you can find in the game.

Here are the major ones

Spoiler: show

Lastly with the new funding. Crowfall has hired new Engineers and Artists. The new team went over how the engine’s being used and re-built the Unity code. The result is a massive graphical and performance improvement that’s immediately noticeable. Beyond the general improvement over all, there’s also a host of weather and environmental effects that have just been opened up.