1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: Triple Triad Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't believe there's a server that doesn't have the bracket full every time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

... that's what the bracket looks like right after a new tournament starts (and also why their post is utterly meaningless). The rest of the server still has nearly a full week to fill out that board.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's pretty much the 'best' you'll see the top 2 for the week. Passing that up will take too much effort/friends/alts.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    That's pretty much the 'best' you'll see the top 2 for the week. Passing that up will take too much effort/friends/alts.
    But considering you're doing that by the same process, even if you're not maxing it out as much as you could, is there really any sense of accomplishment in that?

Banned.

BG Level

I have like 3 5 star cards about 8 4 star cards about 8 or so 3 star cards, a bunch of 2 star cards and a bunch of 1 star cards.

My deck is 2 stars and one 5 star. I always manage to get the Nidhogg card every time I beat him.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trial roulette can piss off :D
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...198865d1d4.jpg

Also the accomplishment is getting a card I don't have + mgp to add to my 1.1m Holding out if item prices nerf/new items introduced to swing my dick around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't feel lazy enough to go through pages, but Cecil/Firion tournament rules = ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mythril packs -

[1:52]You obtain a Pipin Tarupin card.
    [1:52]You obtain a Coeurlregina card.
    [1:52]You obtain a Vedrfolnir card.
    Odin
    Greg/enkidu
    Bartz
    Terra
    Onion Knight

Get your common cards and dont waste mgp.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Lainette at the Rosehouse by Cloudtop plays at night (stops at 2 AM, I missed her window)
    Voracious Vath at Loth ast Vath, idk if he has a window, plays Coeurlregina, Ravana, Iceheart, Alphinaud & Alisaie, Bandersnatch, Estinien. I couldn't get a drop after like 20 wins so I gave up, really easy to beat. (Ascension + Swap)
    Seika in Idyllshire plays with Chaos + Reverse, likely drops are either Crawler, Roundrox, or Poroggo

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seika dropped Crawler and Roundrox, haven't gotten Poroggo yet. Window starts at 14:00

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by fliprock View Post
    Seika dropped Crawler and Roundrox, haven't gotten Poroggo yet. Window starts at 14:00
    and ends @ 20:00.

All the times are up for 3.1 npcs at http://ffxivtriad.com/npcs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Just checked tourney board since i have not done this in forever. People are still getting 6.9k scores immediately.

How do you legit get a score that high without boosting off people letting you win or w/e?

I thought maybe most people would have won these things enough to stop caring by now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Just checked tourney board since i have not done this in forever. People are still getting 6.9k scores immediately.

How do you legit get a score that high without boosting off people letting you win or w/e?

I thought maybe most people would have won these things enough to stop caring by now.
    You don't, since it would require more than 30/35 wins against people with similar scores. I just assume people are multiboxing and/or using FCmates to boost themselves. The highest rewards is a pretty decent chunk of MGP and rare cards, so there's some value in it. I didn't even make the board last tourney and still was given 25k MGP and 5 platinum cards, two of which were Nanamo.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Considering the insane MGP cost of Cloud, Sabotender, and the MGP you have to waste trying to get the rare Gold cards I'm not surprised people are still fixing it. If it didn't require such a timesink I'd probably still do it too since glamz is endgame and MGP has some unique glamz. I think like 250k? was the highest 1st place pot I've seen? and that means best case you need 9 tourney wins occurring every other week and if you might be then trading the other people who help you etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post

If the only prize for winning was the cards, they would have vanished long ago, and a stream of card collectors would slowly be filtering thru picking up what they needed to pick up for complete collections. But the MGP payout as other note above is what keeps them coming back. No questions. I farmed the Imperial for the 1.2 million coins for cloud and the cactuar cards, and it was 3+ hours a day for about a month, so I can see why people would be willing to "exploit the system" to do the same in a fraction of the time.

The only real way to fix the tourney is to remove the MGP reward, and limit one from playing if you have the card already. OR let it rot, and make sure the 4 cards that are Tourney rewards can be played for from an NPC somewhere (Put Taru back for the two she had, and add a new one next to Rowena for the other two) which will remove the pressure on fixing the Tourney from the card folks.