+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Not saying you can't have both(though I'd rather just have 2 animated movies than one of each).
    I'd much rather have a RL movie within the style shown in the short film than that garbage Battle of the Gods crap we got last time. Let's not forget Bio-Brolly and pretend all the animated movies were classics.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Those were just bad stories though.

Take any good dbz episode or movie; and make an animated movie and a rl movie w/ the same script/story and the animated one is going to be better

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Thought it was pretty good, the Trunks was a wee bit young imo.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Could go either way. He was 13-14 at the beginning of the TV special.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    If I remember correctly, I don't believe 17 or 18 were built with devices to detect and measure power levels, 16 was but he didn't exist in this future.
    17 & 18 released 16, who was the only one that could detect energy.

BG Level

Those were just bad stories though.

Take any good dbz episode or movie; and make an animated movie and a rl movie w/ the same script/story and the animated one is going to be better
    Huh? Not sure what you mean here. The battles in several animated movies were complete garbage that followed the same uninspired formula, along with it's stories.

I don't understand either why it has to be a this versus that. It's silly as shit, neither compromises the other. If it's the medium you'd rather prefer than just flat-out say that.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    17 & 18 released 16, who was the only one that could detect energy.
    Yup. It's heavily insinuated throughout the arc that was the reasoning behind 16's good-natured will.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Huh? Not sure what you mean here. The battles in several animated movies were complete garbage that followed the same uninspired formula, along with it's stories.
    I'm saying if battle of the gods was shit, make a live movie version of it and it'd be worse. Bio brolly was a shit movie. It'd be even more cringe worthy as a live action film, etc. Special effects irl just aren't able to recreate shit from anime w/o looking like ass.

BG Level

I'm saying if battle of the gods was shit, make a live movie version of it and it'd be worse. Bio brolly was a shit movie. It'd be even more cringe worthy as a live action film, etc. Special effects irl just aren't able to recreate shit from anime w/o looking like ass.
    You're preaching a logical fallacy. A shit movie is a shit movie. Doesn't matter whether or not it has a bow tie on it, regardless of top-notch RL special effects. I can argue Man of Steel easily has a better DBZ-style battle than some of the DBZ animated movies.

Again, you're better off just saying you prefer animated movies and let the thread be.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

A 5/10 movie is shit, but a 3/10 movie is even more shit. While it's not everything, how the graphics/special effects look DO contribute, so I don't see how it's a fallacy. Something can be more shit RL than animated (and it can go the other way around as well; just depends on the type of movie)

and I only prefer animated movies for this style of a show. It's not that I just prefer animated movies in general over RL movies. (I wouldn't waste time on an animated forest gump lol)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

and I only prefer animated movies for this style of a show. It's not that I just prefer animated movies in general over RL movies. (I wouldn't waste time on an animated forest gump lol)
    I think that was implied in his response to yours.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A 5/10 movie is shit, but a 3/10 movie is even more shit. While it's not everything, how the graphics/special effects look DO contribute, so I don't see how it's a fallacy. Something can be more shit RL than animated (and it can go the other way around as well; just depends on the type of movie)

None of the DBZ movies suffer from poor animation quality, the devil is always in the bad script. Be it a lazy villain, more questions than answers or sheer silliness what separates a movie like Cooler's Revenge from Bio Broly comes down to the script. And I'm being generous considering we're talking DBZ here. Not exactly your shining star for solid plots.

The medium means little. You could have a live-action DB/DBZ movie in the style of an old Jackie Chan flick complete with fun choreography, humor and fights or you can have a giant steaming pile of donkey turds that was DB: E.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wow this realy surprised me, and a million times better than the live action movie.

BG Level

The acting wasn't that bad. It actually was sort of nice to see more than just people reading dialogue.

The guy playing Gohan needs to work on his line delivery.

BG Level

That 17 on the other hand, ridiculously awesome anime/manga to live action adaptation.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Its funny when the biggest flaw I can find in that 17 is the fact that his hair isn't parted in the middle because of genetics.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    He's probably just buried in the destroyed lab and they never woke him up. I mean, he's 16 so he was built before them.
    yeah, this is hella wrong. but ok

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

it sucked. i'd fuck 18 tho

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    yeah, this is hella wrong. but ok
    The fact he remained in the lab is my speculation; that he was created before 17 and 18 is a fact and it's not wrong, what did you think the numbers meant?

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

does it make sense to create the most technologically advanced one first ,and get worse as you go? or do people learn from the first go, and get better? just sayin.

BG Level

For all you know, he was counting down to 1.

In fact, it makes infinitely more sense. Not counting the movie, Gero was 20 and he built 19, who was weaker than 17/18, who was weaker than 16.

Wouldn't make much sense if 16 came first only for subsequent models to be weaker than him.