1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey Lucavi, can you post Joe on Teioh? My wife wants to see it but I'm miles off R300.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fuck me, I just rebreeded so I'll have to start over. I've got a buddy, Ceourl who has been farming R300 since he got seeded with a sweet bird. I'll have em take a shot for me.

I'm glad your wife has an interest. Seeing Joe in the Choco Square, and then in R220 was a nerdgasm for me. R300 is just... heh.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Man, my bad. She's been asking me since you first posted the real Teioh turned up but I kept forgetting to ask. We had both been wondering why it was called Todo Fuhai so were happy that the Teioh actually showed up.

Does he do any of the stuff he does in VII? Like not being slowed down by slow areas (I guess heavy now / obstacles not hurting him) or shaking his fist in anger if he finished 3rd or lower?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I got a 4/2/3/4/4 with head start as my new P9. Nearly everything I wanted. Gotta make sure I dont overtrain speed and hit 500 before I cap out.

I haven't seen if he has any innate resistances at that level, but he really doesn't need them, lol...

Teioh pix: https://imgur.com/a/fL1l7

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Edit Double:

I know I'm not the first to discover it, but knowledge is knowledge. Using racing abilities triggers the Pieste ability when within range. Use this to sabotage the hell out of people in front of or behind you.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks Lucavi! Will show her when I'm home.

I didn't know that about the Peistes either, I always thought them and the coblyns were just like timed as they always seemed to trigger at roughly the same time (generally just after I went past them) but that explanation lines up perfectly with the ones that always seem to trigger like that as they are near the start / near boxes.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lucavi!

Is this workable? 4/4/4/1/2 with Head Start? Technically it came out with the worst stats possible as the 4's were all guaranteed (but wouldn't be on rebreed). The 1 stamina was a 25% chance too!

Also come out Mud Green (Had been Colibri Pink up until this breed)

EDIT: I guess worth keeping because 4/4 in Speed, Accel, Endurance is going to be good for the next breed too?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh its workable, if nothing else for the future breeding potential of having 4/4/4. I've found a LOT of birds will have both parents having 4 in stamina, so yeah, I'd keep it.

And yeah, sometimes the rolls are dicks. I had 4/4/3/1 on endurance once and got the fucking 1.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another question Lucavi

Here's my current chocobo

Male - Head Start
    4/4
    4/4
    4/4
    2/1
    2/3

Here's my back-up registration

Female - Head Start
    4/2
    1/4
    2/1
    4/3
    4/3

Is it crazy to level both to 40 to breed together? I know that's added time but there's a decent chance of getting max stats or close to it if I did with Head Start guaranteed. This is only Ped 6 though.

Essentially I'd be looking at a breeding pool of:

4/4/4/2
    4/4/4/1
    4/4/2/1
    2/1/4/3
    2/3/3/4

Chocobo Incest time?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Incest time, yes. Ped 6 doesn't matter much because whatever highest you breed + anything else = 1 higher.

@Epic: I'd take that bird. Who the fuck cares about accel? The best abilities completely negate accel for the majority of the race. Head start = accel irrelevant. Choco Dash = accell irrelevant. The only real time you'd be hurting from not having acceleration is going from 0% to 10% stamina with an item, and chances are you're around other people in the same boat, so you could still pass them.

That's a good bird. Its similar to my P9 that I'm throwing grade 3 food into. 4/2/3/4/4.

Focus on alternating between speed and endurance food with a few on the side for stamina and with some good abilities you'll wreck face.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i agree, it's a decent bird for endgame but if you're shooting to at least get the 285 rating achievement, you'll need at least 17/20 stars and i ended up with 16/20. i'm guessing you meant to say "alternating between speed food and endurance food" on your last sentence btw.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, you got it, lol. Editing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Has anyone else ever gotten stuck with a color? At around P4 I got a Mole Brown chocobo. Not the worst, but I've seen far better and I just can't get rid of it. P5? Mole Brown. P6? Mole Brown. P7? Mole Brown. P8? Mole Brown. P9? Mole Brown. The 6 birds I made from the P9 so I can get a decent one to finally start boosting stats? Mole Brown.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So far mine have gone

P2 - Mud Green
    P3 - Colibri Pink
    P4 - Colibri Pink
    P5 - Colibri Pink
    P6 - Mud Green (But I do have a back-up registration which I'm going to use to breed together and that's Colibri Pink)

Not that I'm complaining but every choco I've bred has also came out with Head Start (which I got at Ped 1, Level 10). Including the rejects.

Also worse than being screwed by the breed RNG is the level-up RNG. 4 Star Speed/Accel Choco. All 14 training sessions used on Speed. Accel is still higher than Speed because it's picking Accel every level up and frequently for 3%

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've had 5 generations of Apple Green. Before that I had midnight blue for at least 2.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is P10 the highest possible pedigree at the moment?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No. P9 is.

Also came across something weird last night. My Rating changed from 84 to 85 after sessions. According to the formula, only pedigree, level and stars matter not actual stats.

I thought maybe I was seeing things but on level up I went from 85 > 87. All previous level ups were 3-4 jumps. Level up after that reverted back to normal. 87 > 91 > 95 > 98

So either a glitch or there's something we don't know about rating.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are you sure? There was a guy yappin in /shout that his bird was P10 and why he was beating up some other guy raging at him for losing lol. I take it for a grain of salt, but thought I'd confirm here. There's also the achievement that says achieve a pedigree of 9 or higher.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'd imagine it simply says 9 or higher because they'll add more ranks someday. As far as I know, P9 is the highest anyone has ever had.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast