1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok good to know. I have a P9 coming out of the oven in about an hour that has great parentage from my P8 racer...so hopefully I see lots of 4's. A relief too there's no P10 as the P8 racer had rather meh stats!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've bred a P9 with a P9 and it came out P9. This is the only time its ever stayed the same, so I'll trust my own experience over a random voice that was "bragging" anyway. The only thing I could see breeding a P10 is perhaps on or more "perfect" P9s, but even that would be stupid.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea I agree...well the bird didn't turn out lol 12441....parentage though is M14444 F12411 so I'm kinda tempted to get it to 40 and retire it for future breeding when P10 and higher are available.. What do you think?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I would.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't. You're carrying forward 4 1's for the sake of 5 4's. And that 1/1 carried forward in Max Speed is going to be a massive pain in the ass in future breeding as you'll always be at least a 50% chance of 1 speed regardless of what you breed it with.

I mean you're carrying forward a 1/1 in Max Speed for a 4/4 in Endurance essentially. And I know which one I think is vastly more important.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If it works I intend to breed it with its father, a P8 racer. The P8 father was also a 14444 and the mother was a 32431...basically hopes to pick up the speed 3 and pick up uncertain 4s with stamina and cunning. RNG is going to RNG though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And if they're both your bird you can breed 10 times between them anyway.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The main thing I hate is that color can't be changed unless you introduce a purchased covering. This means 1: RNG on it even having a color you want, 2: RNG on if you even get the color after breeding, and 3: Having to introduce tons of awful stats when you do it.

I guess it won't matter as much later down the road when they let us breed with other players, but holy hell will it suck before then. I almost feel like it should have been my focus from the very beginning vs doing it now at P9.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah.. all my babies are apple green unless I go down to P4... so yeah.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just got this. Probably my best choco yet (although not my best for future breeding). Head Start is the ability.

There were the 2 back-ups that I didn't have to use. (My retired Ped 6 chocobo was 4/4 in Speed, Accel, Endurance so the 4's on the male side were guaranteed)

I seem to have a nice back-up stock of chocos if they ever let us have more than 1 choco in future at least. I have a good unused Ped 6 choco too!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Pretty decent backup birds and you have WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD blue. My favorite color.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The one that came out was Mud Green but the covering was Woad Blue. I hate Mud Green! Hope I don't get stuck with it for G9.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...74/Chocobo.jpg

Well I took that one bird we spoke of to 40...it's brother (this bird) that I had waiting to be leveled right after...and lucked out and didn't need to incest lol...hit 5 50% 4 stars lol.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

3.125% chance of that happening I think. Grats!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Bra-fucking-vo!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just hit level 50 on my P9 all stars bird. Some info in case it wasn't known. Level 50 is the cap, it now shows 0/0 for experience. My bird is at a rating of 300, also the cap. You are only allowed to enter R-300 which is the final bracket, 221-300 range. You can not cap all stats at best I can get 2,250 out of a maximum 2,500 points and this is with eating all grade 3 food which I have been, not that big of a deal since you can dip away from acceleration as the best bet I think.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I think I've found the source of my near infinite mole brown/head start birds. I've been breeding my P9s with P8s (they'll just make P9 birds), but unless it's absolutely one hell of a coincidence, it seems to always be picking the high pedigree birds traits/color.

Here I thought I could save some MGP by buying P8s instead of P9s, but I may have lost a whole lot of it instead.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finished my fully trained P9 last night. Had to breed an extra P7, 2 extra P8, and 1 extra P9 to get the perfect pedigree. Couple of things I noticed about the R-300 races:

(1) Maximum Chocobo Speed and Chocobo Dash
    Choco Dash does not increase speed when you have 500 speed and are maxed out in the race. This suggests that the max speed at "500 maximum speed stat" is the highest you can achieve during a race; and that using Chocobo Dash puts you at this maximum speed temporarily.

(2) Maximum and Minimum Race Time
    A "perfect race" (maintaining max speed the whole race using a 500 speed bird and Head Start) is pretty close to 78 seconds on Sagoli Road. Interestingly if you watch the introduction to the race, it says that Sagoli Road is 1560 yalms. 1560 divided by 78 is exactly 20. Does this suggest that 20 yalms/second is the max speed? It would be interesting to see how long it would take to finish a Sagoli race where you just coasted (AFK) without Head Start assuming you were actually allowed to finish. My prediction is that it would take 156 seconds (exactly twice a perfect race) and that the slowest speed is 10 yalms/second. Assuming the above is true, the fastest race times for Costa and Tranquil would be 80 seconds (1600 yalms) and 85 seconds (1700 yalms) respectively.

(3) Theoretical "Perfect Chocobo"
    As mentioned earlier, the maximum stat distribution is 2250 total stat. If you were really lucky, you could actually achieve 500/500 in 4 of the 5 stats (most likely would want to leave Acceleration uncapped). This would require incredible luck with the random stat gains each level such that when you hit rank 50, your acceleration would have to be 250 or less. On top of this, though, you would also have to luck into your desired Acquired ability by rank 50 and the Chocobo would obviously need to be a foul weather chocobo (until the weather thing is fixed).

______

With regards to the best abilities/traits, I think the Head Start / Dash III combo is definitely the optimal combination right now. By starting at maximum speed, basically the only way to lose a race is to get meteor'd. And with Dash as an instant full speed tool, you can usually still win if you only get hit by 1 meteor. Honestly, the entire racing system (at least versus NPCs) becomes very simplified once maxed.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Why did they make fair weather birds so fucking horrible? Is there supposed to be any sort of benefit to them?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I always saw it as fair weather birds get a big advantage in fair weather, and a big disadvantage in foul. Meanwhile foul weather birds get a small advantage in foul, small disadvantage in fair.

If that's so, then fair weather birds are crap near the 500 cap since any advantage likely won't push them past it, but they still get hit with the full disadvantage when the weather turns foul.