1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I was able to buy it with MGP. It seems that as you do the challenges it unlocks more training manuals, but I'm not sure which ones it gave each time.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I've only done the first 5 challenges and can buy Super Sprint training manual but I don't remember if it was there before--it's under "manuals II" there's no other ones that are unusual afaik other than the ones added this patch

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck this race. Been at it a god damn hour and only inched by because other npc's fucked over the 3 with briars early on.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The Champ is here!

Dipping my toes back into the choco racing water.

Edit: Finally, snagged the Challenge 15 barding. Now to breed the perfect 4-star bird!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hopefully they can expand on chocobo racing soon, never enough people seem to be interested in it, they definately need to put a bit of work into breeding

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Perfect bird, stam 3 and super sprint. The only thing that stops a win is a single bacchus wine. I need to test whether stamina 3 has any effect on super sprint, since it automatically maxes out your speed. If I'm no longer getting any use out of it then I may re-breed later and pick up max-rank level head later, as the only thing that can stop a super sprint bird with max stam/end is wine draining stamina faster.

Edit: Stam 3 does effect Super Sprint. with Stam 3/SS on a P9 perfect bird the only thing can kill you is multiple thorns in one race. Otherwise its about a 99.95% chance to win, regardless of opposition.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I know this is a huge necropost, but how did people do the higher numbered challenges? Is it just grinding out attempts and hoping to get lucky? I'm starting to pick up bird racing again, and wondering what ability comboes were aimed for now. I was thinking of aiming for Improved Stamina, but right now, I have Head Start on all my chocoes.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

When it first released there was a bug you could abuse, I forgot what it was. Basically made it impossible to lose, they since patched that and now I think it's just dumb luck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, shame. Is super sprint actually useful? I always just see it burn my stamina and that's about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the final one I won by a fluke. Other than memorizing the path/optimizing it as much as possible and praying for rng in the chests. NPC's I remember taking morbol hits and barely passed them by.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure I had a maxed out bird before I finished the challenges. If you have an optimally maxed out bird you're pretty much golden.
    For mine I have the increased stamina trait and choco cure III. It's super effective :D
    My bf swears by super sprint, but I think it's hot garbage. It may only be good for sagolii because of the shorter course and even then he has a lesser win rate than my bird with its ability combo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Well, shame. Is super sprint actually useful? I always just see it burn my stamina and that's about it.
    Super Sprint is useful at max stamina. With max stamina on a perfect bird, a Super Sprint without any stam boosting items will last you approximately 92% of Sagoli Desert, earning you basically a free win every time provided someone doesn't hit you with meteor. Its not as good on the other two tracks unless you grab a stam item (one stam tab = basically a free win), but its a no-frills, no-thought way to grind wins.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    When it first released there was a bug you could abuse, I forgot what it was. Basically made it impossible to lose, they since patched that and now I think it's just dumb luck.
    Had to do with breather, replenishing stamina while slowing down, but doing it with super sprint, I think.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Got it done

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rarely see the barding or know of people with it, I always notice it when I see it. Grats on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Probably won't use it on the race chocobo because it looks terrible on sky blue, but I recently made my normal choco soot black so that should work.