1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You wouldn't want that. You'd get shoved into higher brackets without the stats to survive. You reeeeeaaaally don't want that. It becomes hard enough at higher pedigrees if you aren't consistently 3-4-starring every stat and don't have certain abilities.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Yeah but I mean like my Rating right now is 44 and my Cunning is my lowest stat at 44. At R39/40/41/42/43 cunning has always been equal to my rating and was my lowest stat. I didn't pay attention before that though.

EDIT: Levelled up again and went to R45, cunning also 45. May be just coincidental though
    Yea, my Rating is 138, my lowest stat is 106. Someone figured out the rating formula, idk where it was though, might be in one of those reddit posts that were linked earlier in the thread.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are you guaranteed a Hereditary ability? The Male had Choco Dash II and the Female had Head Start. So am I guaranteed one of those or is it just down to luck?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yes, 50/50 on which of those two you get

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

just a tip, R180s are way easier then R160s imo, too many traps/mobs for the NPCs to dodge, so better exp to just roll R180s instead, at least for me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Same with R120 being easier than R100.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I feel conned. On my registration form for my Pedigree 2 Chocobo it was listed as 2/2/4/2/2. After I handed it in it on the chocobo screen it shows 2/2/2/2/2

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It shows the parents of your chocobo on the registration form, not the actual chocobo, once you register it, it has a 50/50 to get one stat from each parent

This is one I didn't go with, that I am holding on to, it shows which stats it got in it's "dna". These will be it's parents for the next breeding and it will have a 50/50 chance at taking a stat from each parent.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh it's entirely possible that I only looked at the blue side since it was male and didn't even see the red side. That would explain it.

Also are Chocobo Meteor spawns completely random? I've seen at least 1 (and usually 2) in each of my last 5 races which is odd given how low the rank is (R1-20 and then R1-40). One race them had 4 Meteors in which was ridiculous. I've seen more in the last 5 races than I had combined before that (like 110 ish races to get Level 40 before that)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yea, completely random, just seems to be a lower % chance of seeing them then other items. Can get them in any chest, though again, see them more in last 2 chests then any other, but I HAVE seen one in the first chest before. Also, when it rains meteors, it seems to pour, usually see multiple in a chest if they are there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Gotta love using a choco dash and slamming into an invisible wall of nothing, only for the ass of a bird 3 lanes over to suddenly slide in front of your face a few seconds later. Or jumping before a pad and getting hit with the effect. Or getting an item, mashing the button to use it, and having the imp take it anyway.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Imps are dicks, lol. The only saving grace is that they're dicks to EVERYONE.

Edit: Got Choco Esuna II at 20. My theory is that (barring traits that go up to 30), levels 10-19 = rank 1 skills, 20-29 opens up rank IIs and 30 and up opens up Rank II. Higher tier skills don't seem to be guaranteed simply because you're at the appropriate level, but the possibility exists for them.

Also, my buddy got Head Start II, and it eliminates the initial stamina drain for a few seconds, making it silly as fuck.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is Choco Cure worth a damn? That's what I got for my second ability. I can't decide if I like it or if I should Lethe it away. It's handy for turning Aethers into stamina or if you get meteored but I doubt it's as good as like Choco Dash.

Also on the subject of Lethe's. If your choco has 2 abilities when you retire it, do both exist as potential hereditaries or just the initial hereditary ability? Should you leave away the second ability before retiring if the first ability is more desirable?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

1) Choco cure isn't bad at the higher ranks, but its pretty worthless at lower ranks. Nothing beats dash/head start at lower ranks. Tier III's like XP + 15% start making you think, but until then, no.

2) You get to pick which ability you want thrown into the 50/50 drawing when you retire your bird. You don't get to take both.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess I'll keep it for now purely because I've won every race from Level 1 to 14 so far (I have Head Start already) so I guess it isn't really a necessity to get something better on only a Pedigree 2 chocobo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I would say if you're really looking to try to get something better, wait to start around level 28 or so. That way you're getting more MGP per race to offset the lethe water cost and you're more likely to actually get something very useful. Breeding your first bird with choco dash 2 or head start 2 is pretty tits if you can manage to hold onto it.

Edit: Level head III at 23. Also, the max stat cap for P9 4/stars is 500, meaning a grade 3 food will award, at most, 15 points per feeding. I used a grade 3 endurance on my P8 3star buzzard and got 13, so yeah, om nom.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So let me make sure I have this right: I have a P2 male chocobo with his own stats chosen from his parentage. Male side is straight 2s, female side is 1/1/3/3/2. Eventually I'll have him screw a female breeding chocobo with her own parentage. The subsequent chocobo will have.. male stats chosen at random from the male or female parentage of the male and female stats chosen at random from the male or female parentage of the female?

So the male parentage side of the new chocobo will definitely be: (2||1);(2||1);(2||3);(2||3);(2||2)?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Correct. When you first see your new bird, you'll see a bunch of random potential stars based on the parentage, but you wont see what you actually have until you register that new bird for racing. So its RNG within RNG within RNG.

Edit: Beating the shit out of Joe and the others with this P8 bird in the R220. Stamina/Endurance cannot be understated.

Edit: ONLY on Sagoli.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The exp at higher pedigrees must be obnoxious, it's already annoying me and I'm only Pedigree 3

And does anybody know what causes the delay in box spawns? So tired of coming second because the box didn't spawn for me and then gives the person behind me a good item. Like just had one where he was like 0.5 secs behind me, I got no item and he got briars which gave him the win. So much bullshit

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I thought it was basically just a static timer on boxes. If you get super luck on speed powerups you're gonna miss out. Is it semi-random?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast