Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We had a small patch on March 10th the following features were added to the server

- Abyssea all areas Monsters behavior was reflected to mirror retail
    - Spawn points of Monsters in Abyssea have been adjusted to reflect retail
    - Roughly 80 Missing NM's were added to Abyssea with their loot pools.
    - Remaining Missing Abyssea EXP mobs were added.
    - KI's and Atma added to all Abyssea NM's.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been playing on this server for about 5 days now and I have to say that it has to be the absolute best server I've played on thus far. There always seems to be an active player base even at the very late hours of the night. So far everyone has been extremely helpful in assisting everyone with issues they might have or just completing quests. The best part for me is that traveling around Vana'Diel has never been easier with commands to teleport you to the crags or your home point and best of all having access to the auction house where ever you are is a really nice touch. I really can't recommend this server enough. Give it a shot!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ok. Enough's enough here. We've allowed several posts that are nothing more than blatant attempts to get more people on this server. All of them from brand new accounts. You want to post updates for the server, no problem. But no more useless posts from brand new members shilling for this server. Next time it happens I'm banning the poster and locking this thread permanently.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Ok. Enough's enough here. We've allowed several posts that are nothing more than blatant attempts to get more people on this server. All of them from brand new accounts. You want to post updates for the server, no problem. But no more useless posts from brand new members shilling for this server. Next time it happens I'm banning the poster and locking this thread permanently.
    So you want me to control what people do that's what your saying here? I cant do that and you know it. We are newer than the other 2 advertising here, I cant control if people have never had an account here before. Its not like we sit there and tell people to register for an account just to come here and post.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by legionffxi View Post
    So you want me to control what people do that's what your saying here? I cant do that and you know it. We are newer than the other 2 advertising here, I cant control if people have never had an account here before. Its not like we sit there and tell people to register for an account just to come here and post.
    I'm not accusing you or anyone on your server of doing that, but it does happen. When a bunch of brand new accounts start popping up and the only thing that have to contribute to a forum is "hey come over here" it's just not a good look. I wish your server the best and hope all goes well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I'm not accusing you or anyone on your server of doing that, but it does happen. When a bunch of brand new accounts start popping up and the only thing that have to contribute to a forum is "hey come over here" it's just not a good look. I wish your server the best and hope all goes well.
    I understand what you are saying, but once again I cannot control what others do. If anyone has questions we have been more then willing to answer them. What I dislike is the accusations that have been made several times both by members here and now a moderator which was not the intention or look we were going for when trying to make ourselves known to what is obviously the biggest FF community still around. If you still play where your profile messages suggest you may be playing Kalmado, you should ask Tagban to confirm any suspicions you may have as I have had numerous conversations with him on IRC. To anyone else who may be curious as to if we are for real or not swing on by we think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by InDL View Post
    "If you are enjoying your time with us, please consider posting about it in the BG thread to help us expand our community."

If testimony isn't the right kind of advertisement, then what is?

-Margulis
    Then what was this?

Is this the only place this server is advertised because it doesn't seem like it unless there are a lot more lurkers that never made an account over the past 10? years than I realized. Provide updates, answer questions; fine. These people must have been directed here somehow. I don't think they search "Legion DS Community Server" and post in every thread that comes up about how great it is, and if they do, someone is asking them to as shown in the quote above.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Then what was this?

Is this the only place this server is advertised because it doesn't seem like it unless there are a lot more lurkers that never made an account over the past 10? years than I realized. Provide updates, answer questions; fine. These people must have been directed here somehow. I don't think they search "Legion DS Community Server" and post in every thread that comes up about how great it is, and if they do, someone is asking them to as shown in the quote above.
    I have just went through every spot I am aware of our server has been mentioned. On the DSP Forums, On Reddit, and on our own private forums, never once did I see the quote you have posted from another member ever typed by us. Once again this is not how we intended this thread to go, but I cannot control what others do. We are trying to be apart of this community and abide by the rules set forth by on the owners of this site. The only ones who should be posting here are those interested in the server, or those who have played on the server. Anyone else if you don't like the thread please leave. I will say this on a personal note, this holier than thou mentality being distributed by a few here is why I avoided this site in my many years of playing FFXI you are doing a bang up job of making new users feel welcome to the community, even those who are posting in other threads and trying to be helpful.

I will say this on a personal note, this holier than thou mentality being distributed by a few here is why I avoided this site in my many years of playing FFXI
    @legionffxi: at this rate you're just going to get private servers talk banned from BG the same way it was banned on a bunch of other forums, reddit's r/ffxi board included; spamming gets old fast.

there's no need to bump your threads up top twice a day (and I'm saying this with the utmost respect for a fellow XI hardcore fan), if someone's looking for a private server they'll go through the OP's in the first 3-4 pages of this subforum and figure out on their own where to play, plenty of info available already. Make it fair and don't force everyone else to one up you guys cause it'll get out of hand fast (besides, it's super annoying for all parts involved, posters and readers alike).

Also, the owner of the private server I've been playing on for the past year or so specifically told us not to go spam threads because it makes the server look bad and it achieves nothing but getting the threads locked, there's like 20-30 people tops playing on your server, just send a /tell to each of them and let them know it's counter-productive or make a sticky on your forums about it for future reference, problem solved.

@ mods: I'd say, limit posting (more like bumping) by private servers staff to once a week per thread (technically, you don't even need to make a new post if there's an update, just edit the OP) unless someone pops in the threads and poses a legitimate question/makes a criticism that needs to be addressed and delete any message posted by people with less than 200 posts on BG as a deterrent.

My 2 cents and much respect to legionffxi for devoting time to this awesome project.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow, I had no idea that a simple post regarding how happy I am with this server would garner so much uproar. Now I understand the concern of the site here, thinking that maybe people are just creating brand new accounts just to leave a positive endorsement. The truth is no one asked me to write anything positive about this server, I decided to do that myself.

Now why did I choose to write here and why am I new account here? Well the answer is simple, I played FFXI years ago (Vladrek Seraph/Diabolos/Bismark Server 2005 - 2008) and I've always been a very active member on the forums, but I did not use these forums... in fact I don't even know if you guys were around back then, I mainly posted on alla and the KI forums. Now I quit playing FFXI for a long time and I gave FF14 a shot and didn't care for it much either so I had no reason to be very active on any forums, so I didn't post on any forums while I stopped playing. That being said I was aware that this forum was gaining popularity among my friends who still played FFXI. So when recently a buddy of mine got me interested in playing FFXI again but on a private server I was intrigued and started looking for a decent server. Which led me to looking around different forums and trying out many servers before ending up on this one and liking it the best for my play style. Because it was such a process for me to find a private server I actually liked, I decided to give an endorsement for this one, because one thing I was looking for through all the forum posts for these kinds of servers was an indication of an active player base who was willing to help each other out.

So that is the long and short of why I made the post I made here, I apologize for it blowing up way out of proportion, especially to legionffxi cause I was never asked to write an endorsement and I can see why the mods would think it was suspicious being how I registered to write the post. But that's not my only reason, as I have also been interested in trying FF14 and will be posting on those forums here as well when I decide to look for a FC and possibly a new server. Anyways sorry this post cause so much uproar, I did not anticipate that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This server has a wonderful team that has helped the entire private server community. They have a lot of great content and some wonderful developers that have been working on great content for their server. I expect good things to continue with this server.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Legion, I'll be blunt here. I don't particularly care about your server one bit. Doesn't matter to me. I haven't played XI in years. I do care that we have people registering for the sole purpose of bumping this thread repeatedly. You can disagree all you want with our stance. We allow a LOT of shit to slide here. Don't abuse that. We allow posting about private servers. But with our affiliation with SE all it's going to take is word from them and these threads go away forever. By continuing to bump the thread with useless "hey we have fun here, come play with us" posts you're userbase is doing nothing except bringing this to the fore. Which also makes it more easily noticed.

Vladrek, your post was simply the one that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Since 2/28 there have been five new accounts registered just to post in this thread. And nowhere else.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Legion, I'll be blunt here. I don't particularly care about your server one bit. Doesn't matter to me. I haven't played XI in years. I do care that we have people registering for the sole purpose of bumping this thread repeatedly. You can disagree all you want with our stance. We allow a LOT of shit to slide here. Don't abuse that. We allow posting about private servers. But with our affiliation with SE all it's going to take is word from them and these threads go away forever. By continuing to bump the thread with useless "hey we have fun here, come play with us" posts you're userbase is doing nothing except bringing this to the fore. Which also makes it more easily noticed.

Vladrek, your post was simply the one that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Since 2/28 there have been five new accounts registered just to post in this thread. And nowhere else.
    With all due respect. This is absolutely ridiculous. If the only reason why I want to post in these forums is to let people know my opinion of this server, then that is my prerogative. When I went looking for a good FFXI private server. THIS was the thread I found. When I read it was stable, I gave it a try. Maybe you aren't aware of the difficulty of coding a proper FFXI private server. But it has taken longer than ten years for anyone to create a stable build that did not crash every hour. I tried two years ago with Azure Skies (which became Sinister Skies) and while they did their best, it was still a bug fest. This is why I said I was humbly surprised. Because I knew of the complications involved and since this server really has been a great experience for me so far, I wanted to give testimony in the hopes to expand our community.

I've known about Bluegartr for a long time. I knew about it and used it for information on FFXIV 1.0 and ARR. Maybe if there were some content that I couldn't have had access to without an account then I would have made an account back then. I haven't had any reason to post until now.

I could understand if you were worried we were misleading people. Yet as you held your breath to see this thread progress, not a single person has posted to complain about false testimonies. If someone feels like anyone in this thread has mislead them, then I invite them to speak up and I hope we could clear that up.

But I speak for myself. As I sign my posts -Margulis as my character in game, not a mod, not an admin. Just a random player. I seriously think you are over reacting.

If the ruling is that you don't want us to keep bumping this so there isn't too much attention towards private servers. You could have gone about handling this better instead of openly berating us.

-Margulis

EDIT: To clarify my earlier quote. A GM in game asked me to spread the word if I found the server enjoyable. No I didn't go looking for every Legionffxi thread. Just the one I found originally. This request has not be posted anywhere in the Legion forums.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Please respect the mods wishes and do not bump the thread

Quote Originally Posted by InDL View Post
    With all due respect. This is absolutely ridiculous. If the only reason why I want to post in these forums is to let people know my opinion of this server, then that is my prerogative.
    Yes and no. This is where BG people come to talk about MMO's other than XI and XIV, not private servers central.

When I went looking for a good FFXI private server. THIS was the thread I found. When I read it was stable, I gave it a try. Maybe you aren't aware of the difficulty of coding a proper FFXI private server. But it has taken longer than ten years for anyone to create a stable build that did not crash every hour.
    I could understand if you were worried we were misleading people. Yet as you held your breath to see this thread progress, not a single person has posted to complain about false testimonies. If someone feels like anyone in this thread has mislead them, then I invite them to speak up and I hope we could clear that up.
    You're making this stuff up tho.

Both Era and Nasomi (just to name 2 servers I personally got to try but I know of at least a few more) are as stable as it gets (with uptimes of weeks, at least for Nasomi), they've both been around for years (and predate Legion, too) and they also both have a larger population compared to Legion.

All the private servers are different from one another content-wise and there's nothing inherently wrong with choosing one over the others, to each his own (if I had enough spare time I'd play on all of them!), just don't come on here acting like the server you've been literally shilling for is the only one that actually works, cause it's bs, plain and simple.

EDIT: To clarify my earlier quote. A GM in game asked me to spread the word if I found the server enjoyable. No I didn't go looking for every Legionffxi thread. Just the one I found originally. This request has not be posted anywhere in the Legion forums.
    Delegating someone else to spam doesn't make it any less despicable.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I want to make something clear since apparently some of you just aren't getting it. Legion posts updates. No problem there. Posts about bugs/fixes. Again no problem. Our issue is with the number of throw away accounts being asked to come here and post stuff. Which InDL just flat out admitted is happening. I don't know how your help structure is set up. But I'm going to go ahead and assume the "GM" that requested these actions is someone you communicate with with some frequency Legion. And if that is the case, you DO have the ability to stop this.

I have no vested interest in this topic. If the same thing was happening with other threads I would be reacting the same. Now before you go all apeshit and start posting about thread x, y, z. I strongly suggest you go and read them first to see that most of the threads are filled with server updates, event listings, etc. Not people doing what you guys are doing. Up until this thread we've never had an issue. We have posting restrictions in place for the FC recruiting forums. As a result of this thread they may be implemented here as well.

Quick Recap

Updates - Yay!
    Bugs/Fixes/Issues - Yay!
    Events - Yay!
    Throw away accounts posting just to bump the thread repeatedly - Boo!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Had a very large update over the past few weeks

~ Custom Trials added for Relic and AF Reforge.
    ~ Lunar Abyssite and Atma system in (Atma now useable in Abyssea).
    ~ Retail Abyssea pop system implemented.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Announcing the LegionDark Server Transfer Tool or STS for short. The purpose of this tool is to make migration from other servers to Legion a simple process. STS is a new service exclusive specifically to LegionDark that allows character data to be transferred from ANY server platform, no more losing all your progress if you choose to change or move to LegionDark.

At this time the tool dumps the following data:
    - Name
    - Race
    - Hair Style
    - Main Job
    - Main Job Level
    - Sub Job
    - Sub Job Level
    - All Job Levels
    - Current Experience
    - Title
    - Rank
    - Rank Points
    - Nation
    - Residence
    - Home Point
    - Limit Points
    - Merit Points
    - Combat Skills
    - Crafting Skills
    - Key Items
    - Inventory Items (Includes all storage containers.)

~STS Service exclusions and guidelines:

~ This service is for new characters only and cannot be used to add items or progression to current players.
    ~ This service is limited to 1 character per player (sorry not taking mules)
    ~ Gil in excess of 1,000,000 will not be ported over. (dont mind splashing the economy but no tidal waves)
    ~ We will only port in gear under lv 76 from any 99 cap venue. (some may not exist here, besides you need something to do!)
    ~ HQ Hard to get items from players transferring from easy-mode or pay to win servers will be excluded. (sorry no relic weapons bought from NPC's or donations)
    ~ GM Accounts are excluded from using this service

~ ** Please understand that in order to maintain balance on the server each transfer will be looked at individually with careful consideration given to the originating server. Because of this please expect a 24 hour turnaround (possibly more if heavy volume)**

For more information about this exclusive service from LegionDark please visit http://www.legiondark.com

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hi All! It has been a few weeks since we have provided any kind of status update or shown anything we have been working on so we would like to take the opportunity to provide an update on the project.

First this week has been an exciting week with the official launch of the Server Transfer Service. In our first week of offering this exclusive service we have transferred nearly 20 accounts from various servers over to Legion bringing our nightly prime time numbers over 70 players. The benefit of this service is simple if your stuck on a 75/99 cap server with nothing to do, you can migrate your character over to Legion and not have to worry about lost time or character data. All without harming the data on the server you currently play on.

Also this month we became the first server to roll out working sea completely redesigned for level 99.

Of course what sea would be complete without AV and her pets! Please note the tanks are currently tanking in Emperiyan Reforge (109) gear which is not yet available to players

Last but not least this week we also rolled out the final ZNM mob Pandemonium Warden!