Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Legion DS Community Server Now Online! - With Server Transfer Service! 2 Year Anniversary!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cgfudd.png
    LegionDark is now open! LegionDark is an emulator running off the Darkstar Project core coding. We have been working on this project for the better part of 9 months now, with the sole goal of bringing back that old school feeling but balanced for level 99!

• Level cap 99
    • All jobs functioning including PUP, with the exception of RUN and GEO
    • Maps and OP Unlocked
    • Explorer Moogle 3 cities, Selbina, Mahura
    • EXP 3x Retail
    • Books 2x Retail
    • Combat and crafting skills Buffed
    • Small regen/refresh/regain with buff to level 75
    • Server transfer Service give us the unique ability to transfer a character from ANY server to Legiondark
    • Over 200 Custom NM’s geared for 99 players up to Multi-Alliance Mobs.
    • 9 Custom Aby Zones for EXP and HNM, all geared and balanced for 99 play
    • ALL Blue Magic working.
    • Custom hack to allow pets to work with ilvl content
    • Custom enmity balance to promote multiple jobs being used
    • Custom Trials and Quests for Salvage and +1/AF3 +1-2/Empy/Relic/Mythic(and upgrades)
    • Custom BCNM
    • Regular scheduled version updates to introduce new gear and content.
    • Moderately buffed food… Nothing insane!
    • Enabled player commands
    • AH bot up to level 75 that buys and sells items.
    • Reduced reengage delay

Leveling to 75 couldn't be easier with custom food, custom commands like $regen (gives a Regen, refresh & regain tic), 3 x exp gain, and 2 x Field of Valor / ground tombs rewards. At level 75, the game takes its first turn as some of the custom mods are removed giving a player the feel of party based play once more. Level sync is working as intended so forming parties with little down time shouldn't be a problem as all maps and outposts are unlocked from the start! The end game content on the server can be difficult as it is aimed at Party / Alliance to encourage community cooperation, enhancing the experience for all users on the server. The server is not designed to be easy and soloable as you will be facing enhanced NM's like Shinryu at LVL 130. If you are interested in a challenge and want to see what a level 120 King can do, by all means this is place for you.

The server is built based on what we believe the developer should have done with the game. This is a great opportunity to go back and camp the NM's you were never able to camp before due to RMT or other players and get those drops you really wanted. Legion also provides a great opportunity to finish the story lines that you always wanted to see an ending to! Currently all storylines work up to the end of COP exactly as they were in retail when originally released. Play with other players who truly love the game while attempting one of over 200 custom Notorious Monsters on the server without the hassle of having to enter a credit card every month. There are many F2P MMORPGs out there but only one that provides a the feeling of accomplishment this game does. Dedicated players, friendly staff, stable server hardware, this is the game that you have truly been waiting for.

Forums: http://www.legiondark.com/forums
    Server Transfer Service: http://legiondark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=398
    IP Address: legiondark.com

Legion Preview

http://i59.tinypic.com/2508rch.png

http://i58.tinypic.com/9g9543.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/fo2efk.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/28lcj7t.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/dll5df.png

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qj5w.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/2iwalgx.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/j7afz5.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/2pzwwf7.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/x0qpv5.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/bfewk9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by legionffxi View Post
    We have been working on this project for the better part of 9 months now, with the sole goal of bringing back that old school feeling

EXP 3x Retail
    Books 2x Retail
    Combat and crafting skills 9x Retail
    Small regen/refresh/regain with buff to level 75
    • Moderately buffed food… Nothing insane!
    • Reduced reengage delay

Leveling to 75 couldn't be easier
    with custom food, custom commands like @regen (gives a Regen, refresh & regain tic), 3 x exp gain, and 2 x Field of Valor / ground tombs rewards..
    The server is built based on what we believe the developer should have done with the game.
    I honestly fail to see the "oldschool feel" you're talking about, this is basically the "get to level cap in 2 days, dick around for a bit with your 10 relics, then proceed to quit within a month or two cause you've grown bored of the game" version of XI, might as well play retail or XIV then.

To each his own I guess, good luck with the project, I might try it out at some point just to take a look at the post-WotG areas I didn't get to see back when I played retail...can we play this through Ashita?

I suspect that comment is more relative to endgame with their handling of (H)NMs and such. Getting uppity over the leveling process (especially in a likely low population setting) seems a bit excessive otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I suspect that comment is more relative to endgame with their handling of (H)NMs and such. Getting uppity over the leveling process (especially in a likely low population setting) seems a bit excessive otherwise.

XI endgame was, for the most part, mundane, repetitive and devoid of any kind of quandary aside from uh, getting enough people to show up for x event and group together with the correct set up, it was all about the journey and the people you were playing with;

If I had to name one element that made XI memorable back in its heyday, it'd be being forced to struggle through the hardships the grind and the developers' game-design choices kept throwing at you along with your friends.

It was the catalyst that allowed people to develop bonds that stood the test of time and a sense of camaraderie toward their fellow linkshell mates and it's also, undeniably, what ended up turning virtual, pixellated rewards into something very worthwhile to look forward to, for those who were partaking in the gaming experience.

Playing on a private server is already doing it all on easy mode since there's very little competition to begin with (due to the relatively low population), making it any easier and pretty much taking the levelling process out of it would simply disrupt the balance the game relies upon, making any achievement feel pointless and weightless (which is why most people quit these "10x exp, JPBUTTON enabled" kinda private servers rather quickly, they just run out of fucks to give, I assume).

Just my 2 cents after playing for 5 years worth of retail and about a year on a CoP/ToAU oriented DSP server, mad props for setting up this server, I know it can be a truckload of work.

And yet, reading the pitch suggests it's more than just EXP buffs. I'm in the process of getting my installs back up to speed, but I suffer no delusion that the experiences of the olden days can be replicated in an environment sub-1/20th the population of what retail was then. Go back to Nasomi if you don't want your "hand held" as their host put it.

Go back to Nasomi if you don't want your "hand held" as their host put it.
    I didn't mean to strike a nerve, was just giving my honest opinion which probably matters zero in this thread anyway, so don't mind me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    I honestly fail to see the "oldschool feel" you're talking about, this is basically the "get to level cap in 2 days, dick around for a bit with your 10 relics, then proceed to quit within a month or two cause you've grown bored of the game" version of XI, might as well play retail or XIV then.

To each his own I guess, good luck with the project, I might try it out at some point just to take a look at the post-WotG areas I didn't get to see back when I played retail...can we play this through Ashita?
    Retrieving I understand your concerns as well as why you would be hesitant to believe anything anyone says regarding a private server.

First to answer your question yes you would use Ashita to connect to the server.

Second, We focused on party based play both through the leveling process and at endgame. Most users have already leveled in retail and the way FFXI calculates its EXP it can be a very grueling process. We felt that some time should be spent leveling and even still make users face Maat (albeit a small beefed up version of maat for rewards) at level 70, as so many people have forgotten how to play and use different strategies. We aimed for a moderation between what would happen in retail based abyssea and the old school way of leveling solo and in groups. While we do not have the population of retail we had to make some changes to the overall balance so that the server would be functional and the users would be able to have some sense of accomplishment.

We primarily focused on Endgame which right now includes all Abyssea zones as well as Kirin/Shinryu and a few Open World NM's, we removed the procs and most of the triggers for the mobs so that they spawn on a timer and users can enjoy fighting mobs rather then spending hours farming for pop items just to be able to fight one time.

As for Relics/Emperyian/and Mythic we do make users do a variety of quests and kills to complete the items for the long term down the road.

For example to get a relic from 75-85 you must first start the quest, then kill the following mobs

75-85

Megalobugard x4
    Intulo x4
    Keeper of Halidom x4
    Dune Widow x3
    Seww the Squidlimbed x4
    Mischievous Micholas x4

Now all these NMs are also beefed up and are not retail levels. So they provide a new challenge. The same with Mythics

75-85

Zareehkl the Jubilant x 5
    Iriz Ima x5
    Velionis x5
    Brass Borer x5
    Dextrose x5
    Iriri Samariri x5

We have essentially redesigned the game to provide new challenges and try to bring the fun back for those who may have lost it and require additional challenges. This is why we encourage players to stop by see whats different stay a while and have some fun, believe me a level 120 Kirin is no joke

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Wow. If this server actually works and doesn't crash every hour like many private servers it looks like it has a lot to offer. If I was interested in XI anymore I would definitely give this server a shot.

Looking like there's a critical bug going on with engaging/attacking mobs, so kind of unplayable at the moment. Will try again later.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Looking like there's a critical bug going on with engaging/attacking mobs, so kind of unplayable at the moment. Will try again later.
    We are currently working on tracking it down, just waiting for the files to get uploaded and we will pull down and make the change. Real time updates on the status can be obtained in our IRC channel on Rizon. Actually were about to go into maint to get this fixed now.

Maint seems to have resolved our crashing issues, the host of our repository had a hardware failure which caused a data corruption. The issue has been resolved and the server appears stable at this time.

Not sure if I just crashed it again. Just used Provoke on a Forest Hare in H-8 of West Ron. Told me I was unable to attack, then the R0 began.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Not sure if I just crashed it again. Just used Provoke on a Forest Hare in H-8 of West Ron. Told me I was unable to attack, then the R0 began.
    Im showing the server as being up for a couple of hours now its possible something triggered when you were fighting, if you are still having issues or are able to replicate the issue please post a bug on our bug forum so we can track it and look into it. As we had to restore files from a local backup there may be something we missed and can look into it further tonight. I do see several warriors online currently.

Been fine since then, but I'll try to keep mindful of anything I think I may cause.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ive been playing on this server now for about 3-4 months and I have to say this server is one of if not the most stable servers available, yes you can get to lvl 99 fast but the end game content makes this server a challenge and gives me a sense of accomplishment on each stage I complete!
    Dyna, Limbus, Zilart, Sky gods, Legion & COP all working along with some custom content and more being added regularly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have to say, I am quite humbly surprised at how stable this server runs. As someone who has played on a few different private servers in the past, such as Azure Sky/Sinister Sky, this has been a much better experience for me so far. This server does not simplify any process to the point where you feel like end game was handed to you. In fact, they do a good job gating end game content properly by requiring gear upgrades that you have to work for.

The staff is very active with the community as well, discussing tweaks and balances right in game with everyone.

I would definitely recommend this server to anyone who has that FFXI itch.

-Margulis

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello! New member here just like to say how much i am liking the server! everything takes me back and cant wait until i am high enough lvl to participate in some of the custom endgame events!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

just wanted to point out, having people register here just to say how good your private server is, probably isn't the best way to go about it

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    just wanted to point out, having people register here just to say how good your private server is, probably isn't the best way to go about it
    "If you are enjoying your time with us, please consider posting about it in the BG thread to help us expand our community."

If testimony isn't the right kind of advertisement, then what is?

-Margulis

Being realistic, it's not like XI has many venues such a thing can be posted about and tolerated since it is a private server. People having fun? Swell. Don't marsh their mellow.

That said, with the earlier crashes reigned in, things have been fairly stable and people have generally seemed chill. There are still some bugs understandable of the DSP and "still figuring it out" phase, but posting about them seems to get them fixed or an alternative implemented. I personally can't say I agree with reinstating the level caps on (some) mission BCs, but that is what it is.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast