Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW DUCKTALES     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I'll be curious if June Foray will reprise her role as Magica. She's still working at age 99.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Damn this. I want Darkwing Duck remade instead

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Damn this. I want Darkwing Duck remade instead

Fixed.

This version was cut because of cartoon violence.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

God dammit life, look, I had an unhealthy obsession with Scrooge McDuck as a kid for reasons unknown to me (tbh probably the accent) and then you cast fucking David Tennant as Scrooge I'm done. You just couldn't leave it alone the rest of my life could you, you had to drag back my awkward childhood baggage like this.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Only thing I remember about this show were the beagle boys and scrooge. Wonder if I should rewatch a couple eps

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Only thing I remember about this show were the beagle boys and scrooge. Wonder if I should rewatch a couple eps

How could you forget GizmoDuck?!?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

As long as Bubba doesn't show up with a time travel arc, I'll be fine with the show.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    As long as Bubba doesn't show up with a time travel arc, I'll be fine with the show.
    Or Doofus...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

'dis gonna be gud

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tennant is a damn good pick for Scrooge...

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I miss the days of the nephews sounding like donald, but oh welll. Looks entertaining

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

SO. GOOD.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Renewed for a second season after releasing the trailer? Sweet.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I miss the days of the nephews sounding like donald, but oh welll. Looks entertaining
    This. Not a fan of the "tween" sound they're going for, but I'll reserve judgement until the show is out. Guess they gotta make it relevant to today's kids and all.

Love the animation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://deadline.com/2017/05/ducktal...xd-1202097756/
    When the DuckTales cast records its lines, Lin-Manuel Miranda will be in the room where it happens. The Hamilton creator/ex-star is lending his voice to the Disney XD toon series reboot that premieres this year.

The Tony- and Pulitzer-winning playwright-composer-actor will recur as fan-favorite character Gizmoduck,
    a Duckburg hero whose true identity is Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I dig that gizmoduck design

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Spoiler: show

Meet the new faces of Duckburg!

Premiering in August, the series has been carefully crafted as a familiar reboot albeit with contemporary comedy updates to the Disney Afternoon original. “One of the things we always loved about the old show was that it was this family of adventurers, but the emphasis in every episode had always been on the adventure and plotline,” says co-producer Francisco Angones. “The basic conceit of growing our show was that this is a big blended family of adventurers, so it should feel like a combination of Indiana Jones and a blended Arrested Development-style family sitcom where every character has a different relationship to one another.”

Donald Duck (Tony Anselmo)

Expect to see a lot more of this world-class walking temper tantrum in the new reboot, which bumps Donald Duck up to main cast status. “He’s been a single parent obsessively taking care of the boys, and he’s a little bit overprotective and doesn’t want to take a lot of risks, whereas so much of Scrooge’s success is based on the fact that he’s willing to take risks,” says Angones. “In our world, about 10 years ago, Scrooge and Donald used to go on these big, crazy, rip-roaring adventures, and then they stopped talking to each other, to the point where when we start our show, Huey, Dewey, and Louie don’t even know that the richest duck in the world and this legendary explorer is their great uncle.” By the end of the first episode, Donald reluctantly moves his whole family in with Scrooge, but maintains some degree of his own independence — by keeping his houseboat in the pool.

Gladstone Gander (Paul F. Tompkins)

Few things can unite Scrooge and Donald like a shared nemesis, and we find that in Gladstone Gander, a dandy old character who always irked Donald and now gets under Scrooge’s feathers, too. Angones says, “The great thing about Gladstone is that since Donald is fundamentally unlucky, Gladstone is supernaturally lucky, and so Scrooge and Donald can both agree that they hate Gladstone because he does nothing and gets everything.” (Also worth hating: Gladstone’s father’s name is Goosetave. GOOSETAVE.

Goldie O’Gilt (Allison Janney)

Returning as Scrooge’s longtime paramour is Goldie O’Gilt, a fellow adventurer who has a curious relationship with old McDuck. “In our adaptation, Scrooge is more of an adventure junkie than a gold addict, so we kept saying, ‘Well, if Scrooge is like Batman, then Goldie should be like Catwoman,’” says Angones. “She’s equally adventurous, every bit Scrooge’s equal, and he hates and loves that. They have this amazingly contentious relationship that’s been going on ages and ages, spanning back to the Gold Rush days.” Plus, the producers say it was David Tennant who geeked out the most about Janney joining the cast: “He heard us play a line she had recorded and he said, ‘That’s C.J. Cregg!‘”

Ma Beagle (Margo Martindale) and the Beagle Boys (Eric Bauza)
    The perennially annoying villains are back in full force to block Scrooge’s adventures, with beloved character actress Margo Martindale on hand to voice the maniacal matriarch of the family of genuinely idiotic criminals. Big fans will note that they actually look like dogs this time. Relatively.

Gyro Gearloose (Jim Rash)

You’ll notice Scrooge’s in-house mad scientist has gotten a fairly hipster makeover, but neither his wild inventions nor vocal exclamations (by Community’s Jim Rash) are any less manic. While his intern Fenton (Lin-Manuel Miranda) moonlights as local superhero Gizmoduck, presumable fan-favorite Gyro Gearloose keeps the spirit of DuckTales’ crazy super-science alive.

Flintheart Glomgold (Keith Ferguson)

One of Scrooge’s wealthy equals in Duckburg is Scottish showman Flintheart Glomgold, whom Youngberg describes as “this kind of go-go ‘80s billionaire who made all his money from branding and getting his face on every storefront.” Angones says, “Glomgold is bigger, faster, and cheaper. An in-joke we had for him was that originally in the comics, he was South African, and then they made him Scottish in [the original] DuckTales, so we really leaned into that and decided that when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off. More Scottish and even richer.”

Mark Beaks (Josh Brener)

The Silicon Valley actor adds fresh blood to the echelon of wealthy ducks that dominate the city. “We had a bunch of old money billionaires — Scrooge is the oldest money, this billionaire of the industrial revolution, and we have Glomgold — so we included somebody who’s representative of today’s billionaires, which is the tech industry billionaire,” says Youngberg. “Mark Beaks doesn’t care as much about money as he cares about status and being buzzworthy and how many followers he has.” Angones adds, “Josh Brener was so incredibly on all the time, selling and pitching. He’s a character who’s so broad and over the top, you love to be annoyed by him.”

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Gizmo Duck! Fuck yes!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk