+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW DUCKTALES     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

NEW DUCKTALES

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...ktales-in-2017
    This news is too good to bury, so we’re coming right out with it: An all-new DuckTales series is coming to Disney XD in 2017! The Emmy Award-winning series from the late ‘80s/early ‘90s is absolutely treasured by our generation, and we are so excited that “every day they’re out there making DuckTales” again. When Marc Buhaj—Senior Vice President, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD—made the announcement, he said, “DuckTales has a special place in Disney’s TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks’ comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults. Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation.”

The new series will star the same beloved characters as the old: Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad McQuack, Donald Duck, Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell, Poe, Ma Beagle, the Beagle Boys, Mrs. Beakley, and Webbigail Vanderquack.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

YES

ALL OF MY YES

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Had all the VHS, the NES and GB games (the HD remake too!).. Fucking loved me some DuckTales.

I'm sure the new one will suck tho. Prove me wrong, Disney!!!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's based off this right?

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am intrigued by this, but I'd be worried they'd go the 3D route instead of traditional 2D animation. If they do something similar to the newest TMNT cartoon, it may be pretty good. If they go as far as the other Disney 3D Mickey stuff, I'm not sure it'll translate well.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, I was thinking that too, I hope they don't 3D it. Keep it classic. That's part of what made it so great.

Also, keep the damn theme song.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If the narratives are there, I don't think anyone will care much about what style it's animated in (2d, 3d, cell shaded, etc) as long as it's done well.

Hyped up for this.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Disney Afternoon (Duck Tales, Tale Spin, and Chp & Dale's Rescue Rangers) was some of the best cartoons in the late 80's for Disney and I am very excited to hear this news, however, I am cautiously optimistic. I have a feeling that in order to identify with the younger generation, they will try to modernize the show. I can see it now...

Duckburg will be different from what we remember. Of course there will be race cars, lasers, and airplanes, but also there will be the Internet, Quacker, and Beakbook. HDL will most likely be given distinct personalities similar to Quack Pack where Huey was the leader, Dewey was the computer/science nerd, and Louie was the jock. Though Webby wasn't in Quack Pack from what I remember, they will probably make her a heavy Social Media user who is into selfies. The Jr Woodchuck Guidebook will be condensed into e-reader format and the boys will carry around tablets in order to access the information. I know it is way too early to tell, but I just hope that Disney doesn't go overboard with things and keeps to the original content as best as they can.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Woooo Ducktales.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Had all the VHS, the NES and GB games (the HD remake too!).. Fucking loved me some DuckTales.

I'm sure the new one will suck tho. Prove me wrong, Disney!!!
    I also had a badass Duck Tales lunchbox. Wish I could find it, could probably get some cash for it on eBay.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Also had this

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...DxSefBH6DQ.jpg

There will be blood if he's not in this reboot

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I still have my Ducktales Turbografix 16 game. Yes, I'm that old lol

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Now Darkwing Duck

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not sure if it deserved it's own thread (probably does..), but more remakes:

Inspector Gadget is coming to Netflix. The absolutely amazing 80s gadget adventure show is being resurrected in CGI form along with the amazing 80s spy show Danger Mouse and three other kids' shows. The best part? This is happening very soon. Inspector Gadget premieres on March 27.

http://gizmodo.com/netflix-is-resurr...get-1688092023

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Someone give me a call when Count Duckula gets revived. Seems to be just a matter of time now.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Not sure if it deserved it's own thread (probably does..), but more remakes:

Inspector Gadget is coming to Netflix. The absolutely amazing 80s gadget adventure show is being resurrected in CGI form along with the amazing 80s spy show Danger Mouse and three other kids' shows. The best part? This is happening very soon. Inspector Gadget premieres on March 27.

http://gizmodo.com/netflix-is-resurr...get-1688092023
    It doesn't feel the same without Don Adams voicing Inspector Gadget though. I mean they are trying but it just falls flat. You can't replace greatness.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Also had this

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...DxSefBH6DQ.jpg

There will be blood if he's not in this reboot
    YES THIS. Gizmoduck was amazeballs.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

BLATHERIN BLATHERSKITE!

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

New style looks good! I don't see Launchpad tho.

Spoiler: show

When word got out last year that DuckTales, the seminal, Emmy Award-winning Disney animated series, would be getting a reboot on Disney XD, we were beyond ecstatic. As its 2017 premiere nears, we are treated to the very first image from the new show.This new series once again stars Scrooge McDuck, grandnephews Huey, Duey, and Louie, and of course, Donald Duck. Based on this image, this new series will once again feature the kind of comic misadventures the original show was so well known for. As for the style, this is decidedly traditional, borrowing from the streamlined graphic style of the insanely popular Mickey Mouse short series.
    http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...=smc|388608345

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I see Donald though! Original duck tales lacked some dd imo so more of him the better!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast