1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

[Theorycraft] BLM Mechanics

I made a lot of calcs recently because I recently started posting FCoB BLM specific guildes and I am one of those who open with Blizzard 3. I got really interesting that from this: Video link

Spreadsheet: Aikaal's Spreadsheet.

If you don't wish to see the video and just get the short details, here's what I got:

Cons with B3:
    • Requires a minimum of 22 Piety or higher from your base race stats. If you have 21 Piety you must spec an extra Piety somewhere.
    • Requires Scholar in the party.
    • Have about 5% chance or not getting the 79 mana tick to be at 3465 mana (I play a dunefolk Lalafell)

Pros for B3:
    • Total of 6 Fire casts in your opener while you have voiced foe, raging strikes, potion, trick attack. This is the most important and main reason why I use this opener.
    • Longer burst.
    • higher chance of procs.

Cons of T2:
    • Doesn't utilize raid party buff and it's best.
    • Relies on awful rng luck to get an extra proc.

Pros of T2:
    • Any race can use it (I understand some people dislike Moon Miqo'tes or Dunefolk Lalas)
    • Really good to use if early Flare is requires or double Flares like in T12.

To resume, the only time you will get all the buffs from your raid at the same time. B3 maximizes it without hoping for a lot of procs. It makes your burst longer.

The only and only difference between both of opener is B3 is behind T2 rotation by 1 GCD. This is why in PPS when T2 just cast his B3, this rotation ahead. Because they both have 5 Fire 1 cast at this time. Due to procs and rng, two black mages are bound to have better / worst rng. In the end, it does not matter.

The only thing and the most important thing to learn from what I did is that a 6th Fire will always be beneficial when your bard sings, your ninja trick attack and you have raging strikes and pot.

In a situation after Teraflare for example. I have nothing up and if my bard doesn't have Foe, there's no reason to delay my Fire rotation and I'd open with T1. Hell, I'd probably open with F3 and T1 isn't even great.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I hopefully should be back to the game next week Aikaal.

Generally, I open with B3 if i'm not using cooldowns (T10), and F3 if I am (F3, T1, RSQS, F1, XInt,F1,F1,F1) etc...

Tbh, I think i'm always going to be sub optimal as our bard sings mana song more often that not, and we don't have a Ninja. But then again, running a caster is sub optimal anyway if you have decent players.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I hopefully should be back to the game next week Aikaal.

Generally, I open with B3 if i'm not using cooldowns (T10), and F3 if I am (F3, T1, RSQS, F1, XInt,F1,F1,F1) etc...

Tbh, I think i'm always going to be sub optimal as our bard sings mana song more often that not, and we don't have a Ninja. But then again, running a caster is sub optimal anyway if you have decent players.
    Alright :D I'll update the spreadsheet anyways. I was told (and it's right) that with a certain amount of Piety, you should open with T3 instead of T2. 19 Piety+

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I made a small update on the sheet. I added the rotation with T3 opener since many races can use it instead of T2.

I also added a sheet piety guide so you know what opener is available your race!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This may be because I just tested this on a dummy at the house but as a Hyur Highlander, I was able to do the B3 opener and get all 6 fires (had a SCH in the party) and occasionally do it without a SCH in the party.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    This may be because I just tested this on a dummy at the house but as a Hyur Highlander, I was able to do the B3 opener and get all 6 fires (had a SCH in the party) and occasionally do it without a SCH in the party.
    This can happen. I guess I was not specific enough. If you Blizzard III then Thunder I. If you happen to get a mana tick with UI3 at this moment, you will get full mana and cast F3 at minimum mana. You'll be able to do the opening regardless of your based Piety.

This can easily be timed with MP_Timer on ACT but this plugin is unreliable. You are not the one pulling a raid boss, it's your tank and the level of timing is too great.

I'd say there's like 15%-20% chance you get it in a raid situation.
    I'd also say there's 5% chance you don't get a mana tick at all and you'll be stuck at like 3406 mana and you won't be able to cast 5 Fires > Flare > Fire.
    usually and most the time when you are in the range of 560-590 Spell Speed, you get a mana tick after B3. Then you get a 79 mana tick when you cast F3 and you have enough.

I'd need to do about 100-200 openers to have exact percentages. I just don't have that time ;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

ACT has an MP timer? Interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Also, did you ever get my Skype add Aikaal? Fiona said you was looking for me and I think I added you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ACT has an MP timer? Interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Also, did you ever get my Skype add Aikaal? Fiona said you was looking for me and I think I added you.
    ACT MP Timer

Biggest flaw is it's in Japanese only. I should have sent you in private my Skype. Unfortunately, you don't pull in raid otherwise I wouldn't need a Scholar to open with B3. I think the timer tracks tp and dot ticks. Can't confirm that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Managed to find it with my google-fu earlier. Now that i've got my GPU back, i'm able to actually play the game again. From what little i've used it this evening, seems to work fine, although when you get in a rhythm it doesn't really matter. But its a nice app, I remember telling Shameen to make one about a year ago!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah O: Not really useful in pull since you don't pull it's the tank but it's a nice tool.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pulling shouldn't be an issue if your team does a countdown for when to engage.

I did some more dummy testing and I was able to do the B3 opener 19/20 times but literally failed every single time when I did coil -.-
    Dat highlander struggle...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Pulling shouldn't be an issue if your team does a countdown for when to engage.

I did some more dummy testing and I was able to do the B3 opener 19/20 times but literally failed every single time when I did coil -.-
    Dat highlander struggle...
    xD It sucks to time a macro pull with a mana tick regen.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Got my tests done for Piety versus regular.

Here's the builds I have for every turn:

T13
    T12
    T11
    T10

Short resume:
    I did 497 with Eos full time in T13 on regular build and I did 487 with full time Selene on piety build. it requires Dunefolk Lala only. Expensive melds and Zeta grind. My final results is it isn't worth x.x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aikaal View Post
    xD It sucks to time a macro pull with a mana tick regen.
    Just you start the macro. GOTTA MIN MAX!

I probably should have my Zeta by next raid, but got damn the chest and gloves are never going to drop :/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just you start the macro. GOTTA MIN MAX!

I probably should have my Zeta by next raid, but got damn the chest and gloves are never going to drop :/
    D: Well, I,ve never seen the gloves drop so I,m stuck to use Augmented Hat + Gloves since I don't go for BiS crafted. Our group double clears and in 3 weeks we saw the chest drop 6 times lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Aikaal, do you have data on how much piety is needed for a 7 fire rotation?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't but you'd need to increase your mana by roughly 638 for an extra Fire 1. 638 / 8.25 = 77.333... So... 316 + 78 = 394 Piety. That would be my guess.... Scholar would most-likely be giving 11 Piety. 383 * 1.03 round down = 394. From a Dunefolk PoV, that's 394 - 245 = 149 Piety from gear + Food.

17 Piety from good so you need 132 Piety from gear.

Now... I did this with Ariyala : Potencial 7 Fire build T13 Accuracy Cap

There's 4 notes to take account.
    The first is the Piety cap on belt is 10, not 9 so the number should be 1 higher.
    The second is the Piety cap on pants is 22, not 13 so the number should be 9 higher.
    The third is that Ariyala does not give a party buff check option, why this site doesn't have it already?
    The fourth is since it's 10 Piety more than the number says, it's suppose to say 367 without food and without Piety buff.

367 * 1.05 = 385. This is a difference of 18 Piety so Triple Cream Coffee gives 18 Piety over Pineapple juice that gives 17 cap.
    With Party buff, 385 * 1.03 = 396 Piety. That's potencially 2 or 3 higher than what I believe it is. If the right number ends up being 393 Piety for example, you can replace a Piety materia that gives 4 for another one for Dunefolks at least.
    So you don't need Triple Cream.. you can get the Pineapple Juice. 384 * 1.03 = 395.52. Round down, it's 395.

With 7 Fire 1 in your rotation.. I just capped Spell Speed to get the rotation faster. You have option to put Augmented Coat for T10 and T11 also with this set.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hopefully this is the correct thread:
    I have a question about the nature of Firestarter procs, mainly the interplay between a proc and off GCD skills.
    eg. You cast Fire and then immediately use Virus, and you'll see whether or not you got a proc instantly.
    Is this happening client side?
    If no, what the shit?
    If yes, can this behavior be emulated w/ third party tools so you don't have to use an off GCD skill?
    The entire thing is very mysterious to me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

There's been multiple times, especially in T13 I am asked to Virus or Eye for an Eye. I don't always have a proc for them so I use them after a F3. Since it's an off-GCd and it's 1 sec delay it can happen that F1 > Virus > F3 right away. I don't know any third party program that can predict if your Fire 1 will be a proc or not. It's luck based.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

https://youtu.be/X6-g3KIj6Gs

This is what I believe is BiS (no crafted included) They go by this

T13
    T12
    T11
    Crafted T11
    T10

I don't really like crafted gear. They tend to be maximized for T13 accuracy and you can't lower it after in other turns.
    There's also no FCoB gear BiS on the video. You'd be surprise how easy it is to have a decent gear with a Platinum Ring of Casting and Kirimu Belt of Casting.

Spreadsheet Here's the link of the spreadsheet.