+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IEM Katowice 2015     submit to reddit submit to twitter

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

IEM Katowice 2015

13th-15th march

http://en.intelextrememasters.com/se...dchampionship/

With the groups released and only 10 days left, it's time to get some IEM KATOWICE HYPE in here!

For those that don't know, IEM is a ESL tournament of LoL / Starcraft 2 / CS:GO. Qualifier tournaments are held throughout the year in Shenzen, San Jose, Taipei, Toronto and Cologne. The LoL winner teams of those play at the World Championship in Katowice + the top placed team of each League after half of the split. The teams are:

• Team WE (Intel Extreme Masters Shenzhen)
    • Cloud 9 (Intel Extreme Masters San Jose)
    • Gambit Gaming (Intel Extreme Masters Cologne)
    • yoe Flash Wolves (Intel Extreme Masters Taipei)
    • GE Tigers (first place LCK team)
    • CJ Entus (second place LCK team)
    • SK Gaming (first place EU LCS)
    • TSM (first place NA LCS)

Groups:
    Spoiler: show

Commentators etc.

Personally, I think this is an awesome combination with the only sore point being WE. They're currently a bottom tier LPL team, playing better only recently. Unfortunately LPL wasn't willing to reschedule to allow EDG to play at Katowice. yoe Flash Wolves are dominating the LMS together with the Taipei Assassins, both only had a single loss so far. Their match vs SK should be awesome. Of course the real question is, will the GE Tigers even lose a single game? They haven't lost a match in LCK yet and only the Jin Airs and SKT were able to win a game vs them.

Well no matter what happens, Katowice always delivers. The xPeke backdoor, GMB defeating CJ and Diamond showing them what he thinks of their trashtalk, the akward interviews/ceremony/dancing and last but not least, my favourite EU casters Joe Miller and Leigh "Deman" Smith. Also there's no crowd like Katowice, only the All-Stars event comes close in HYPE!

RIP cloud 9

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    RIP cloud 9
    personally i'd just go drinking in germany i wouldn't even show up vs tigers >.>;

BG Level

katowice is in poland and it's double elimination. so C9 can first make the upset happen and defeat them, loose vs yoe and then loose vs them in loosers. now that would be cruel... it's Bo1, everything can happen

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    katowice is in poland and it's double elimination. so C9 can first make the upset happen and defeat them, loose vs yoe and then loose vs them in loosers. now that would be cruel... it's Bo1, everything can happen
    so...even more drinking? :D

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tigers gonna tiger. The rest of the competition should be interesting to see how regions are stacking up.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm really looking forward to see how Smeb and Lee handle playing internationally. Pray gonna pray, so at least that's not an issue. I'm also glad they got Yoe Flash Wolves instead of TPA. I don't watch any SEA (what is it now? GMS?), but the Wolves sound like the more interesting team. I don't expect them to do well because lolsea, but still looking forward to catching a match or two.

BG Level

Was sad when they announced that Deman casts CS:GO instead of LoL, but guess what? DoA and Monte are both casting and Chobra is the official host! Full lineup:

http://en.intelextrememasters.com/ne...talent-lineup/

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That was quite a game to start the tournament. What a crazy blow up.

BG Level

That was just sad.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

C9 looked on mega tilt.

smeb is such a monster

BG Level

Guess nRated thought Freddy is playing way too good, so he had to balance it out. Great picks and bans from GE again, Forgiven didn't matter at all in the game. Wonder what SK thought with that Zed ban tho.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That was a fun game to watch. Teams have been so passive lately in OGN, but it's exciting to see GE adapt so well to the aggression that both C9 and SK tried early on. Sucks that SK seems to have done zero research into what GE plays or what nRated plays before going into picks and bans, though.

balls jumping into ult maokai and janna at 45 minutes is such a stupid play lol. c9 looked like ass

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What even.

I missed most of this but jeez.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I was not expecting YFW or WE to win a single game, and both are playing on the second day. C9 was really disappointing in their play. They looked uncharacteristically desperate to make plays, and couldn't get much going with their split push. TSM played really cleanly, making the most out of CJ's mistakes (sup Madlife's terrible Leona). Finally, GE dominated their first couple of games as expected. Looking forward to seeing how the final game in each group plays out, and how GE and TSM handle their respective semi-final matches.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly, I expected C9 to do good and TSM to suck since TSM had some sloppy games in NA the past few weeks and C9 has been back on the rise. However, the C9 game was so bad that I had to turn it off after the two failed tower dives, and then the TSM games were super clean and executed amazingly. dafuq

BG Level

This entire day has been dafuq. Nothing turned out like I expected. Watch WE winning tomorrow.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hate working mornings.

I missed all of it.

GET lost? Wat?