+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IEM Katowice 2015     submit to reddit submit to twitter

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Yep, after WE kicked out CJ they beat GET. WE played fantastic today overall and GET didn't take the second game seriously enough after winning the first. Picked Yasuo mid, which made no sense. yoe crushed SK, then TSM in the first game, but they managed to turn it around in game 2+3. Lust and Dyrus played Lulu beautifully, Bjerg styled on Zed and Turtle went ham on Lucian.

Not sure who has the better chance tomorrow. Before the WE vs GET game I'd say TSM but that WE team became really scarry. It wasn't just GET tilting.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Yep, after WE kicked out CJ they beat GET. WE played fantastic today overall and GET didn't take the second game seriously enough after winning the first. Picked Yasuo mid, which made no sense. yoe crushed SK, then TSM in the first game, but they managed to turn it around in game 2+3. Lust and Dyrus played Lulu beautifully, Bjerg styled on Zed and Turtle went ham on Lucian.

Not sure who has the better chance tomorrow. Before the WE vs GET game I'd say TSM but that WE team became really scarry. It wasn't just GET tilting.
    I was leaning on TSM taking it, too, but WE really showed up against GET. Should be an awesome final.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I haven't had time to catch up on the GET vs WE match yet, but I just finished YFW vs TSM. I was really impressed this weekend by the Flash Wolves. Their understanding of the macro strategy within the game was much higher than I expected, but they don't have the mechanics to back up that game knowledge. Unfortunately, that's not something they'll easily fix by the time Worlds rolls around. I really enjoyed the first game of their series against TSM, the way they kept Irelia relevant through the mid and late game despite being shut down so bad early on (7cs and lvl2 at 8min, iirc) specifically.

pretty impressive from TSM in game 1 vs WE. lustboy was a monster, and sivir ult + talisman is awesome lol

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That first game, holy shit.

well the last 2 games werent worth watching, what a stomp lol

BG Level

First game was awesome, great play from WE and even better play from TSM with the comeback. Lust and Bjerg were so on point and Santorin finally figured out how to use his ult properly. Sadly, games 2 and 3 were stomps, the WE from day 1 showed up again. No clue why a totally new team even thinks of doing a double TP strat (twice). Game 3 was a beautifully executed lane swap from TSM, which WE seemed to have no experience with.

Well deserved win for TSM, although I think a final vs GE would've been of higher quality overall. WE can be proud. They made the biggest upset in LoL history happen and got way further than anyone ever expected. Kinda cruel that they have to fight relegation back in LPL now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just got into work right now so can't check, are the games (replays) up at lolesports?

I wasn't aware there was a channel switch (thought it was still at RiotGames) so I missed every single game lol (I thought it was being played outside of my time; so when I loaded the channel there was no game, I presumed it to be over). Would be nice to get replays. If it's not at lolesports, please supply a replay link!

BG Level

direct: https://www.youtube.com/user/esltv/videos
    spoiler free: http://www.reddit.com/r/loleventvods

IEM is an ESL event, that's why you won't find anything on the riot channels or lolesports. The subbreddit is a great site for any kind of lol vods because they list all the matches without spoilering the matchups nor how many games were played etc.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Finally caught up on all the matches. That was one of the most enjoyable tournaments in recent memory. Upsets everywhere, unexpectedly great play by some of the "lower tier" teams, and other teams had previously hidden weaknesses exposed. It will be really interesting to see if there are any carry-over effects positively or negatively for teams like WE, GET, C9 and SK when they return to their respective regions.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    direct: https://www.youtube.com/user/esltv/videos
    spoiler free: http://www.reddit.com/r/loleventvods

IEM is an ESL event, that's why you won't find anything on the riot channels or lolesports. The subbreddit is a great site for any kind of lol vods because they list all the matches without spoilering the matchups nor how many games were played etc.
    Thanks very much! Zetanio did explain briefly to me last night about the ESL thing when we were in a game but we got distracted for it to become less of a topic lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

yay finally some solid proof of what i said months ago and everyone disgreed with, all regions are weaker than they were last split.

china/korea more so than the others

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lustboy disagrees "The GE Tigers and CJ Entus arrived the day before the tournament, and were forced to play in their matches like that. They were in really poor condition. Most of the other teams got there earlier and had plenty of space...also, the hotel's breakfast was only until 10:00 AM and you couldn't eat after that, and the tournament was in the evening so it was really difficult to keep in good condition."

I also disagree that all regions are weaker. It's the same cycle of every season. Riot changes the meta and the balance of the game. Teams start off slightly weaker at the beginning of their respective first splits and then end up stronger than the previous season at the end of the winter/spring split.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    yay finally some solid proof of what i said months ago and everyone disgreed with, all regions are weaker than they were last split.

china/korea more so than the others
    I don't know why it can't be the inverse. How is this proof that those regions are weaker and not that some regions are getting stronger? Honestly, this is probably the best TSM (I'm a fan, blow me) has ever looked in the 3 seasons I've watched.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Lustboy disagrees "The GE Tigers and CJ Entus arrived the day before the tournament, and were forced to play in their matches like that. They were in really poor condition. Most of the other teams got there earlier and had plenty of space...also, the hotel's breakfast was only until 10:00 AM and you couldn't eat after that, and the tournament was in the evening so it was really difficult to keep in good condition."

I also disagree that all regions are weaker. It's the same cycle of every season. Riot changes the meta and the balance of the game. Teams start off slightly weaker at the beginning of their respective first splits and then end up stronger than the previous season at the end of the winter/spring split.
    i could also cite random things, for example naver* posted saying skt/ssw era >>>>>> GET.

inven said similar things

lustboy respecting his fellow players because of reddit mass-bashing them doesn't seem like a solid reason to say that korea/china is better than they were last split

i think it's general consensus that regions are weaker right now than last split, hopefully this won't be true by the time we get to worlds and all the roster swaps cease.

edit: could probably argue that NA is stronger but meh

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i think it's general consensus that regions are weaker right now than last split,
    Wat?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I don't think you can use IEM as proof that the regions overall are weaker this season. We saw some high level understanding of every aspect of the game from every region except, perhaps, Europe. WE surprising everyone doesn't take anything away from how well they played. GET losing doesn't take anything away from how solid their understanding of their team comps and win conditions is. Even the Yoe Flash Wolves showed tremendous map awareness, team play, and an ability to adjust that we haven't seen from a SEA team since S2 TPA. There were a lot of games played this weekend with a roster of teams that was representative of all five regions, and nearly every game was worth watching. I wasn't able to say that about a single tournament last year.