1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Heavensward JP Release Information

>>Note that everything below is from JP game news sites so it all references the Japanese release of the game. Since the info hasn't been released yet for other territories aside from release date, I thought it might be good to reference. <<

The press release at the bottom of this post is a translation of the Japanese press release that was attached to the article, not an official English release. Some nice full res screenshots included below.

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/278/G027835/20150309019/

-----

Today (March 9), Square Enix published the latest information regarding the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward (PC / PS4 / PS3 / Mac). The pricing and benefits of the collector's edition were also announced.

As we reported earlier, the release date is scheduled for June 23, with preorders accepted starting March 16. The price of both the packaged and digital collector's editions for PC are open pricing, while the PS4 / PS3 editions are 14,800 yen plus tax for the packaged version and 5,800 yen plus tax for the digital version. For the normal version, on PC, the packaged and digital versions are open pricing while the PS4 / PS4 editions are 3,800 yen plus tax for both the packaged and digital versions.

The Collector's Edition perks will include the flying griffin mount, Wind-Up Kain minion, and Cecil helmet that were introduced at the Fan Festival. These three items can be obtained from both the packaged and digital versions.

The packaged version will also include a high-quality dragon mount statue. Because of the physical benefits, the price of the packaged version is higher than the digital version. Those who want the statue should purchase the packaged version, while the digital version is available for those who aren't interested in the statue but still want the in-game items.

Additionally, there will be a producer letter LIVE on March 14 during which Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of A Realm Reborn, will describe the product packaging and figure. Please see the press release below for more information.

The news was also broken that a Mac version would be released for the game. The release date will be June 23, the same as other platforms. This version will only be sold as a download version from the Square Enix e-Store, at open pricing. The service fees will be the same as other platforms for both the entry and standard levels of service.

[[Press Release below]]

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
    The release date has been set for June 23, 2015! Preorders will begin on March 16, and the Collector's Edition will be released simultaneously!

Square Enix (Headquarters: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo - Preseident: Yosuke Matsuda). On March 7, 2015 in Boston in the United States, the expansion pack Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward was discussed at PAX East. The worldwide release date was announced to be Tuesday, June 23, 2015. Preorders are set to begin on Monday, March 16, 2015.

The world will expand dramatically in Heavensward.
    • The new Dragonsong War storyline will begin.
    • New race - the Au Ra
    • New jobs - Dark Knight, Astrologian, Machinist
    • Flying mounts that can take you across the skies.
    • New field areas to explore
    • New primals and beast tribes
    • New raid - Alexander
    • A wealth of new equipment and new crafted items
    • New airship content
    • New systems for Disciples of the Land and Hand

[[idk how to do captions or if it's even possible with bbcode, so captions for images are below, L to R, top to bottom]]
    -Flying mount - "Black Chocobo"
    -Flying mount - "Dragon"
    -New playable race - "Au Ra"
    -New great sword-wielding job - "Dark Knight"
    -New job using guns and equipment - "Machinist"
    -New job using the star globe and fate of the cards - "Astrologian"
    -The new city of Ishgard will set the stage for adventure
    -The new raid dungeon, "Alexander"

Preorders begin on March 16, 2015!
    On Monday, March 16, 2015, preorders for Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward will begin. The benefits of preordering include early access and exclusive in-game items [[glamour headpiece (maybe earring too? not sure if its one thing or separate) and a flying chocobo chick minion, see screenshots]].

Preorder Bonuses
    In-game Items

Early Access
    With this benefit, you'll get to access Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward a few days prior to the release date. The early access period is scheduled for Friday, June 19 through Monday, June 22, 2015.
    *Early access will not be granted to the bundle pack Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward.
    *The distribution method of preorder bonus codes depends on the sales outlet. Distribution will begin in early April 2015. For more information, please check back on the official site in the coming weeks.

Special Features of the Collector's Edition
    The Collector's Edition will include the in-game items "Griffin Mount," "Baron Helm" (based on the dark knight Cecil), and the "Wind-up Kain" minion. Additionally, the packaged version of the collector's edition will include a high quality dragon mount statue.

Collector's Edition In-game Items (Packaged/Digital Versions)

Collector's Edition Packaged Item: High Quality Dragon Mount Statue

Final Fantasy XIV Producer Letter LIVE - Release Information

During this live broadcast, producer and director Naoki Yoshida will introduce the expansion pack product packaging and contents for Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward to the audience.

Time and date: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 19:00 JST
    Channels: Youtube, Niconico Live, Twitch.

*Please check the Lodestone Topics for more information: http://sqex.to/uzK [[English link]]

Product Description

Title: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
    Release Date: June 23, 2015 (Tuesday)

Pricing
    Collector's Edition
    PC Version (Boxed): Open Pricing
    PC Version (Digital): Open Pricing
    PS4/PS3 Version (Boxed): 14,800 yen + tax [[$122 at current conversion]]
    PS4/PS3 Version (Digital): 5,800 yen + tax [[$48 at current conversion]]

Regular Edition

PS4/PS3 Version (Boxed): 3,800 yen + tax [[$31 at current conversion]]
    PS4/PS3 Version (Digital): 3,800 yen + tax [[$31 at current conversion]]

Bundle Pack (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward)
    PS4/PS3 Version (Boxed): 5,800 yen + tax [[$48 at current conversion]]
    PS4/PS3 Version (Digital): 5,800 yen + tax [[$48 at current conversion]]
    Mac Version (Digital): Open Pricing

Thanks Sly!, you are my hero

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

the before & after cecil headpieces are a nice touch lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Thanks Sly!, you are my hero
    lmao

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wrote out a lengthy post about the lack of the art book and video disc in the info above, wondering if they've been cut from the package, but BG ate it because I linked a picture from Gamerescape.

Oh well, they're still on the SE site description, so hopefully Yoshi will clarify Saturday.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    Wrote out a lengthy post about the lack of the art book and video disc in the info above, wondering if they've been cut from the package, but BG ate it because I linked a picture from Gamerescape.

Oh well, they're still on the SE site description, so hopefully Yoshi will clarify Saturday.
    I doubt they were cut, but I don't know for sure. Most likely they wanted to highlight the statue, the press release is fairly sparse and the article is basically just commentary on the press release.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post

I do hope so. I need to add to my FFXIV Book collection.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hmm pricing on physical a bit higher than I assumed, wonder if it will be lower in NA. prolly not. statue must be of some serious quality to fetch that much at that size

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

o_O With preorders going out this coming Monday, and these bonus items that are tied to preorder not in the game yet. I wonder if they would deliver us a patch on the 17th to push the items in, or if 2.52 will be coming on the 17th.. We didn't really get much of a teaser update to give us a bunch of info on 2.51 leading up to the patches release.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

They typically keep their "potential maintenances which could ruin your wedding" up to date; but 2.52 on the 17th would surprise me since they've teased late March. I honestly expect the 31st.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    They typically keep their "potential maintenances which could ruin your wedding" up to date; but 2.52 on the 17th would surprise me since they've teased late March. I honestly expect the 31st.
    When it comes to yoshi, I never know anymore.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"Late March" = May 14th

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    "Late March" = May 14th
    lel.

The update will be March 24th or 31st.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm assuming 1 PM EST like the FanFest tickets, but I kinda need to know what time those preorders are going to come up, I'm traveling for work and will probably have to order on my phone while in a meeting... >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm guessing the rest of the Cecil sets will be added in some content down the road like they did for WoL. Tanks get all the cool sets :/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yang and kain armors are cool too

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    lel.

The update will be March 24th or 31st.
    Grats on callin' it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I honestly expect the 31st.
    Fuck you, I posted it first.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuck you, I posted it first.
    Lel. Its all good. It was an easy call -- there's no real block ups on the patch itself so no one should have expected a date pushback. They said they were done with the 2.5 patch series after the release of 2.45. Date stretching so they dont have as many angry impatient people waiting on patch.

I actually expect some sort of 2.58 preparatory patch in late April or early May as well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The only problem from there is the lul in content from April to June 19th. Specially if that schedule they shown is accurate there's really no mention of even "minor" updates inbetween, so unless Part 2 adds a ton of dungeons and encounters and such..good chance there's gonna be a lot of bored people that is already up to date.

Otherwise it gives people time work on a Zeta.