BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    I just noticed this yesterday, but how long have they let you download the seekers edition for windows for free from their website? http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html
    Since they had that return to vana'diel campaign sometime last year. The campaign is long since over but I guess the link is still active for it.

Edit: beaten!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We will be holding a press conference regarding our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward, with the event broadcast live on the internet.

Date and Time: Thursday, March 19 starting at 12:00 a.m. PDT
    Viewable on YouTube Live
    *The stream will be in Japanese only and will be made public when the event begins. An English language digest will be made available on the official forums.
    * Note that the broadcast may not be available in all regions.
    Ok, so today is the 18th, wouldn't this time be tonight? The day changes at midnight, not 1 AM. So this should be happening tonight at midnight, assuming the worded it properly(3 AM for EST).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, midnight PDT tonight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, I cant wait for Final Fantasy XI: Puzzle Soccer

Yeah, it's tonight.

"World of Assassination" would sound like something about the Far East (albeit a little banal)

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Man, I cant wait for Final Fantasy XI: Puzzle Soccer
    ikr! They better have Messi in it!!!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Yeah, it's tonight.

"World of Assassination" would sound like something about the Far East (albeit a little banal)

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though.
    Master's of the Mask could be a rip off of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Maybe we'll finally get to fight Ganon as a FFXI Mega Boss!!! Save the Triforce of Vana'diel!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

"Masters of the Mask" is totally a Tsahya expansion!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'll check out the stream. Final Fantasy XI: Snack Truck Fever has a certain ring to it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

World of Assassination sounds like a shitty iPhone game. If it's anything it'll be Masters of the Mask.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    World of Assassination sounds like a shitty iPhone game. If it's anything it'll be Masters of the Universe.
    FTFY with a much cooler name.

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!11 1111!!!!!!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    New expansion to far east!
    I have two guesses and this is one of them. They had a job posting a year back or so about a programmer for a ff11 expansion. So there's that.

Also second is F2P. All the random buff events with stronger trusts double capacity points/exp being the paid sub.

Edit: job posting what programmer not artist oops.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Powwow in BG chat tonight!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    No one, and I mean, NO ONE, will EVER compete with me for umbrils.
    Challenge accepted

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    One thing I would love to see getting fixed are the massive issues when you're being targeted by several monsters or players at once, especially as far as engaging and disengaging are concerned. I think they claimed to have fixed Cure-Stun about five years ago, but the game still has massive issues with that, which can outright get me killed because I can't do a thing when I've got five mobs hitting me and three casting spells.
    Nope still a problem and it doesn't even have to be a lot. The other week I had a mob chainspell me and I couldn't do anything until it was done a minute later. Incredibly broken that a monster can chainspell nuke and all of those nukes basically have unresistable stackable stun attached to them

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    No one, and I mean, NO ONE, will EVER compete with me for umbrils.

But in all seriousness, where are the dullahan camps? I want to see how weak they are to breath and light damage. (By the way, umbrils take double breath and light damage.)
    All of the umbrils in the higher level gates areas are paired with dullahans, how did you not notice this? Every one of those 5 zones has a good 15-20% of the map set with umbrils and dullahans.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I like the umbril camp on the ice Gates main map because there are no dullahans and I feel cool soloing the highest level normal mobs in the game. At least I think they are. Even the pseudo-NMs in Inner Ra'Kaznar don't go higher than VT.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

SPOILERS, but...

I heard a rumor that Tanaka stormed SE headquarters, brutally slaughtered the entire FFXI Dev team, removed their faces with a rusty screwdriver and treated them to prevent decomposition.

"Master of the Masks" is a Tanaka based event in which he uses these masks to pose as various members of the FFXI dev team and releases shitty content for the next decade.

Planned updates:

- All NMs will no longer spawn ever again once they've been killed.

- Players will now die of old age between ages of 80 and 100 Vana'diel years old (about 3-4 years earth time).

- Players may now randomly develop and die of cancer.

- Players may now randomly fall from their chocobo and become permanently paralyzed.

- Players may now develop diabetes, heart disease and other life threatening ailments based on the food they consume. Additionally, meat dishes may become infested with parasites if left unused for more than two hours (Vana'diel time).

- Players under the effect of the "blind" status will experience a solid black screen.

- Players under the effect of the "silence" status will be unable to utilize the chat log.

- Players can now die from hypothermia, heat stroke and dehydration.

- Certain enemies will feature more realistic attacks and behavior. For example, tigers will now just immediately try to rip your fucking throat out.

- If the player 漠然とした displays erratic behavior (飛行 サバ! ! !) they will be punished severely by the father figure (Tanaka 不条理を紹介します。).

- Players are no longer allowed to traverse through the Rolanberry Fields, as it is a private property.

- Use of the /shout and /yell commands is no longer permitted between the hours of 19:00 and 08:00 (Vana'diel time).

- To prevent the escalation of vermin (i.e. ゴキブリ & アメリカンプレイヤー), monthly inspections (Vana'diel time) will be conducted on all Mog Houses. The player will be notified two days prior and must be present in their Mog House for inspection. Failure to comply will result in eviction and forfeiture of all MHMU services.

When questioned on these developments, SE released an unsigned statement saying:

"While these changes may seem harsh, it is part of a practicality. While I appreciate the years of service by all team members, exception being the misfortunate Camate, it was believed that the FFXI players need the return of a stern father figure and to be taught a lesson. Let us turn to a new page to celebrate the loss of our hard workings and to remember those who have passed on. Oh mournful Camate!"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Right now the bigger issue of the sub loss has to do with quality of content and how fast it comes out, shorter and cheaper content that is harder would help alleviate that. I watched the video of the Hades fight which I assume was currentish content and it was just silly how easy it looked, transitioning from alliance content to party content really did hurt the game massively, you have to have both.
    That was just a stupid mission fight, so your opinion is kind of invalid. It was on about the same difficulty level as Promathia.

I have two guesses and this is one of them. They had a job posting a year back or so about a programmer for a ff11 expansion. So there's that.
    If they were doing an expansion, my first guess would be the north. My second guess would maybe be the south. I would pretty much rule out the far east.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

A press conf to announce something bad would be terrible pr. Maybe new vanafest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast