BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Srs question: what is the highest version of DirectX that can be used on the PS2 and PS3?
    I would imagine it's not a DirectX implementation, but an OpenGL implementation instead.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

- Players will now die of old age between ages of 80 and 100 Vana'diel years old (about 3-4 years earth time).
    You missed part of the memo. They will also be following old D&D rules, where the haste spell will age you 1 year each time it is cast on a player.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Think I'll side with Seha here. Why exactly would XI ever need a graphical update? The game looks fantastic for its age.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I really don't get why people want FFXI to have shiny graphics, the game looks fine as it is to me. Content is what matters.

...although, I would appreciate if the art team stopped making ugly ass gearsets and give us some cool designs like it used to.
    Yeah the graphics still do it for me, but new and unique looking armor would be fantastic. I think Empyrean and Salvage gear were the last sets I really enjoyed.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don't know if you are stupid are intentionally ignoring certain posts. There's a difference between not liking a game and wishing the game was dead because it wronged you or you don't play anymore. This type of hate isn't simply disliking the game its deeper.
    Who wished it was dead? Me? Sono? Silly Draylo. You read, but you don't comprehend. That's always been your problem. Something about that paranoid delusion in the back of your mind or something.

@Rhonin: Probably one of two things.

1)"I want teh shiny graphics for a game I love to play!" I can understand this, but I've never felt strongly about this because that implies that you'd also want shiny graphics of Chrono Trigger or FF Tactics and ugh, no, those goddamn sprites were perfect!
    2) "Shiny graphics may bring in new subs and prolong the game I love!" This is admirable and idealistic at best and foolish at worst. 2.0 barely looks better than 1.0 and that's not why it went from a hilariously pathetic flop to a resounding critical and commercial success.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Something often overlooked is how fantastic some of the newer XI WSs look compared to what you get in XIV. The racial touches were always appreciated (Taru flips! Galka swings!) and I long for something with the weight of an Ukko's Fury, Upheaval or Raging Rush in XIV.

Really felt like you were fucking some shit up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Are you talking special effects or Mocap, because the Mocap in XI is.. uhh... "antiquated" at best. You're probably talking about special effects. Yeah, some of the new stuff looks really good in that department.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ^ Are you talking special effects or Mocap, because the Mocap in XI is.. uhh... "antiquated" at best. You're probably talking about special effects. Yeah, some of the new stuff looks really good in that department.
    Special Effects. Take a Butcher's Block or a Skull Sunder vs. Raging Rush or a King's Justice.

No contest. XIs graphics rival it's newer, shinier descendant easily.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I always wondered if they did that because of the increased focus on needing to react to attacks. Too much sheen amidst battle and some idiot might miss a tell to get the fuck out of the way. I hear people complain about moves like sacred soil and some mage LBs, so I wonder if that was a consideration.

I dunno, though, stuff like Drg's ol' cherry-blossom delight thrust looks pretty slick. Probably also has something to do with the spammable nature of attacks. I'd wager spamming Raging Rush literally every attack would taint the image of it a bit. "Finishing moves" compared to "rotational moves".

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Yeah the graphics still do it for me, but new and unique looking armor would be fantastic. I think Empyrean and Salvage gear were the last sets I really enjoyed.
    Imo the VW/Legion abjuration sets look fantastic, best looking sets in the game. Tenryu, Khepri and Auspex(minus the hood)I think are amazing.

Banned.

BG Level

I don't get why people would want FFXI's graphics to be updated to FFXIV style. In my opinion FFXIV's graphics are an eyesore. While technically it has "superior" graphics, I much prefer the graphics in FFXI. I can actually tell what stuff is supposed to be since everything doesn't look like it's made of plastic. The artstyle chosen for FFXI was great and has aged well. Why do people even care about graphics in an MMO though? MUDs were perfectly fun and playable and they don't have any graphics at all
    In the highly unlikely chance they did update FFXI's graphics I wouldn't mind, but it wouldn't make a difference to me. I could play the game on a tamagotchi and as long as it's functional and not laggy it doesn't decrease my enjoyment

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Best I'm hoping for is a raise in the level cap. Having left at the start of the last expac I'm so brutally behind I don't see how I could ever catch up. At least a level raise would make it easier to jump back in.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

You can have the best gear in the game from delve/skirmish in a couple of days playing, in pickup groups.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

dafaq are you talking about? FFXI is super easy now. It would take you like 2 weeks to cap out on gear.

DRK is shit now, though, and the only way to make it as good as a day 2 SAM is to make a mythic for it (not Apoc). So you still might not want to come back.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Imo the VW/Legion abjuration sets look fantastic, best looking sets in the game. Tenryu, Khepri and Auspex(minus the hood)I think are amazing.
    I forgot about those. Yeah those looked great, especially Auspex. I guess I also liked certain VW pieces like Anhur, Toci, and the Ogier/Rubeus/Athos sets (which have made a nice comeback). Not a fan of the Skirmish, Delve1, or Peacekeeper gear though.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I don't get why people would want FFXI's graphics to be updated to FFXIV style. In my opinion FFXIV's graphics are an eyesore. While technically it has "superior" graphics, I much prefer the graphics in FFXI. I can actually tell what stuff is supposed to be since everything doesn't look like it's made of plastic. The artstyle chosen for FFXI was great and has aged well. Why do people even care about graphics in an MMO though? MUDs were perfectly fun and playable and they don't have any graphics at all
    In the highly unlikely chance they did update FFXI's graphics I wouldn't mind, but it wouldn't make a difference to me. I could play the game on a tamagotchi and as long as it's functional and not laggy it doesn't decrease my enjoyment
    I agree there, some of FFXIV choices look really nice though but it does have that plastic look at times.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Something often overlooked is how fantastic some of the newer XI WSs look compared to what you get in XIV. The racial touches were always appreciated (Taru flips! Galka swings!) and I long for something with the weight of an Ukko's Fury, Upheaval or Raging Rush in XIV.

Really felt like you were fucking some shit up.
    This! For sure dude! I remember the first time my Mithra rocked back on her heels to drop an Ukkos on w/e trash mob I fought and was like DAYYYUUMM. The same with Shoha and Stardiver when I merited those. I never got the hang of 14 so I didn't play it very long, but I didnt see anything compared to xi in terms of ws animations. Aside from all the doomsday theories and expansion hopes, I'm just sitting here hoping they unlink xbox live handles from characters. My pc died and all I can play on is a shity laptop or an xbox 360, but I forgot what handle I linked my account to YEARS ago

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't play anymore so being wrong on this really doesn't make a shit for me either way but what I expect to happen tomorrow is the devs come out, there's probably some weird music, they do that overly excited "Oh-Oh-OHHHH!!!" Japanese men do when they are impressed, shocked, or a schoolgirl squirts on them, say "hai" at least 10 times per topic, they'll showcase some new shit that will come out with the next update, they'll announce a date they are dropping PS2 support, and say they are planning to merge servers at some point.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You nailed the sounds pretty much perfectly... They say "OOOOOH!!" more than any one else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I love the ffxi style. Even without comparing it to other stuff it's just great and evokes so much nostalgia. The only shining up of it I might like to see is official improvements on resolutions and such. Maybe make more of the cutscenes more cinema than the normal screen with chatlog clickfests