Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    dafaq are you talking about? FFXI is super easy now. It would take you like 2 weeks to cap out on gear.

DRK is shit now, though, and the only way to make it as good as a day 2 SAM is to make a mythic for it (not Apoc). So you still might not want to come back.
    Would I need a Mythic for PLD and would I be able to solo most of the Alex in a reasonable amount of time with an Ochain or on RDM?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Would I need a Mythic for PLD and would I be able to solo most of the Alex in a reasonable amount of time with an Ochain or on RDM?
    No, you wouldn't need a mythic on pld. Yes it would be easy to solo on pld or rdm. If you buy no alexandrite then it would probably take you between 200-230 days. However gil isn't that hard to make doing current end game content so that will significantly speed things up. You could finish alexandrite before you finish assaults+tokens

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I love the ffxi style. Even without comparing it to other stuff it's just great and evokes so much nostalgia. The only shining up of it I might like to see is official improvements on resolutions and such. Maybe make more of the cutscenes more cinema than the normal screen with chatlog clickfests
    One thing I liked about XIV was how the mission cutscenes had their own dialog box and blocked party/other chat. I hated that in FFXI when you were reading mission text and that one scrub was like OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS BAHAMUT when you werent there yet. If the game was to die though they should make Absolute Virtue pop in town and kill people randomly lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    dafaq are you talking about? FFXI is super easy now. It would take you like 2 weeks to cap out on gear.

DRK is shit now, though, and the only way to make it as good as a day 2 SAM is to make a mythic for it (not Apoc). So you still might not want to come back.

I have other options. Luckily I was never short-sighted enough to put all my eggs into one basket. DRK will always be my true passion though.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If I can solo Salvage on my SMN, most jobs can.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Those wishing for a XIV-style graphical overhaul: why would SE directly cannibalize its own player-base? As some thank you to XI fans? Do you know how expensive an undertaking that would be? This isn't the same as taking some assets from 1.0 and shoving them into 2.0. This is a complete update of everything. That would take years, cost millions and would do nothing to recoup any of those investment losses if the core engine didn't change to a modern design. Even -if- they updated the engine, again, you run into the issue of SE cannibalizing its own player-base from one game to two.

Wishful thinking, sure, and I respect that, but that'd be a hilarious business decision.
    You mean like the decision to create FFXIV? The decision to make FFXIV: ARR? They don't exactly have a track record of wise business decisions as is. And even though it's wishful thinking, I almost want to believe it since SE hasn't developed many original games in the past two years beyond remakes/ports, mobile, Vita, and 3DS games. The only titles beyond those they've developed and released in those two years is FFXIV: ARR, DQX: Online, and FFXIII: Lightning Returns. Maybe I'm living in the glory years when they'd develop multiple hit games a year, but that's a pretty sad console display for that time frame.

Not entirely implausible that they'd hedge their future on a reboot again in the hopes of relaunching the game, and they've been using resources for the past few years to do so. Still wish list material no doubt, but I don't think it's as unlikely as some are acting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Watch, we're all speculating these crazy theories, and all they're going to announce is they're dropping POL.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Watch, we're all speculating these crazy theories, and all they're going to announce is they're dropping POL.
    I would be okay with that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i think the funniest part about all this is going to be the fact that no matter what they announce FFXI players will be estatic unless it's the end of the game/end of content.

so easy to please it's amazing, no real content in years but still defending it with all your heart, it's beautiful. i'm not even being sarcastic i wish i could be entertained that easily

also to everyone saying FF14 is a success... wat? i guess i define success as profitable and name-recognition when it comes to games. i don't think ff14 is there for the first and from the most recent numbers i've seen on 14, which i can only assume have decayed they aren't even close to a million subs

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol. ff14 has hit 4million what are you smoking

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i think the funniest part about all this is going to be the fact that no matter what they announce FFXI players will be estatic unless it's the end of the game/end of content.

so easy to please it's amazing, no real content in years but still defending it with all your heart, it's beautiful. i'm not even being sarcastic i wish i could be entertained that easily

also to everyone saying FF14 is a success... wat? i guess i define success as profitable and name-recognition when it comes to games. i don't think ff14 is there for the first and from the most recent numbers i've seen on 14, which i can only assume have decayed they aren't even close to a million subs
    Please, for the love of god, shut up already. No one cares what you have to say. If you hate the game so damn much why are you so obsessively stalking this thread? Jesus.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wish I had donated enough to ban someone from a thread.

Can you just go away? No one cares.

Your posts are use my screen space and your bubblegum avatar irritates me.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Think I'll side with Seha here. Why exactly would XI ever need a graphical update? The game looks fantastic for its age.
    It's more giving the game an upgraded engine so we can go beyond 30fps (current engine has game logic and animations tied to the frame rate, GG Japanese programming), and drop DX8.1 so the game doesn't run like dogshit on modern systems.
    Spoiler: show
    Sorry Win98SE users

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    your bubblegum avatar irritates me.
    Adblock it! Same as what i do with other irritating signatures or avatars, usually, hockey ones.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    lol. ff14 has hit 4million what are you smoking
    4million registered accounts... is not 4 million players. are you stupid?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I had some kind of rebuttal, but fuck it, we'll find out soon enough! They'll tell it better than we'll speculate it anyway.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
    Adblock it! Same as what i do with other irritating signatures or avatars, usually, hockey ones.
    That usually blocks all the avatars/sigs for me for some reason when I tried, what setting is it?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i think the realistic thing to note about wanting a graphics upgrade is that depending on how far you want to take the process, it isn't cost efficient.

a whole new engine would be ridiculous. the game has 14 years of assets plough through and redo if you do that. not to mention the cost. the more efficient way of doing it would probably to tune up the current engine, similar to how players on PC have upscaled or supersampled to get better graphics.. except if its done on their end then it would be far less CPU intensive than it needs to be right now.. or something. almost all the graphical models used in XI are capable of HD treatment, and you can see this by how they've essentially imported half of all the XI monsters into FFXIV and they look fine.

FFXIs art style has aged very well.. but i'm pretty sure SE recognizes the need for crisp graphics to appeal to gamers.
    and i cant imagine why anyone today would prefer to play a game that looks like this.. and had bad frame rate
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FSVWwy5PYwM/maxresdefault.jpg

when it could easily be like this
    http://www.dlgamer.co.uk/images/prod...creenshot4.jpg
    and this is just an official screenshot.
    there are player rigs out there that make it look way better.

what i find funny is none of FFXIs consoles, or default settings on PC will allow it to look as good as this.
    all it would really take is some texture updates and drawdistance to give the game a fresh coat of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    4million registered accounts... is not 4 million players. are you stupid?
    no but if you hang around any longer, i think i will be.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Challenge accepted
    Dasva, I used to feel bad raiding the Marjami Ravine solo camp while you were in it. I don't want to hurt you any more.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    All of the umbrils in the higher level gates areas are paired with dullahans, how did you not notice this? Every one of those 5 zones has a good 15-20% of the map set with umbrils and dullahans.
    Are they on the second maps of the gates areas? If so, that's why. Remember, I've never been to a CP party with other people. Regardless, this is great assuming my mechanism of zeroing damage still holds here. (The M.ACC of magic WS's is a given thanks to the big WS update.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    That usually blocks all the avatars/sigs for me for some reason when I tried, what setting is it?
    Adblockplus image, then the "custom" button selected.