+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I have mixed feelings.
    It's pretty clear FFXI doesn't have a particularly bright future ahead, they made it clear by how good they tried to sweeten all the pills they made us swallow today.

At the same time, for the near future, the situation doesn't seem that bad. I'm sure people still playing, and those returning, will have one hell of an enjoyable experience for all of 2015.
    After that... it's likely not gonna be the same, but it's no use worrying about it now, is it? Let's just enjoy the swan's last song <3
    I agree. Besides, the game is not 'ending', just entering maintenance mode at the end of the year. They will still be minor adjustments too going forward. I think it is good of SE to show us how they plan to tie everything together because honestly, there were few areas left to go with the title that would not have been quickly diverted to 14's development.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Please note that Matsui said major version updates will conclude in November 2015 but regular version updates (QoL adjustments, balances (inc job adjustments?), bug fixes) will continue.

I am also intrigued into how we can use our FFXI characters in the mobile version.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well, everyone in my LS that stayed up for this press conference now wishes they hadn't. The mood literally went from optimism to depression.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if NA and EU subs start dwindling as soon as tomorrow. Hell, I'm even considering calling it an FFXI career.

Major updates are ending.
    They're turning XI into a mobile game.
    They're handing it to a Korean company which shovels out mediocre MMOs.

Picking any one of these would've made people want to quit, especially that second one (and the third one depending on how you feel about Nexon). They decided to do all three of them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Major updates are ending.
    They're turning XI into a mobile game.
    They're handing it to a Korean company which shovels out mediocre MMOs that are notorious for being very heavy pay-to-win type games

Picking any one of these would've made people want to quit, especially that second one (and the third one depending on how you feel about Nexon). They decided to do all three of them.
    FTFY

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I will read details later, but all i see right now is:
    Game doesnt end
    3 add-ons

Apocalypse averted for the inmediate future.

Ps: Thanks to everyone who translated the event, thank you very much!

I think people are so in shock that they forgot how to be butthurt, because this is like the RME debacle times ten thousand when you think about it.

That or we're all just really jaded now.

Campaign
    BG Level

You could argue FFXI been turned heavily towards P2W already, behind the curtains, when people feel like they "need" 3 accounts to bot reives to get their Idrises/JPs/Gil, considering they have to pay different copies of the game and monthly fees for each account, it's not very different from pay to win concept-wise, is it?
    And that's without including RMTs.
    Speaking of which, wonder if they'll start sales to stop their services on FFXI. Some might.

I dunno Toth, for now I'm gonna enjoy the present and the near future to the fullest and I'm honestly sure we're gonna have lots of fun for all of 2015.
    From there onwards it's gonna be a descending curve. Not sure how many people will still be playing by the end of FFXI because, let's face it, even with small updates but without new content, what use is getting all those small fixes when the perspective is that nothing big/new will ever come?
    Kinda kills your will to play, in a way.

But, again, that's far in the future, we're just in march 2015. I'll just focus on enjoying what's left until the end of the year.

@Kincard
    We're all totally jaded, for sure

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From a sheer business perspective...

SE is going to make a mobile client for an MMO that will cease to receive updates. One or the other please. They'll glean nothing from doing that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post

That or we're all just really jaded now.
    I work in the anime industry. I am the queen of jaded.

Seems like the Kiss of Death to me. Sweet at first, but eventually things will wither away. Otherwise amused the male hume model they used is basically the XIV generic warrior model. Incoming cross-over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Would have been a good time to announce DQ10 coming west.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So what does this mean for FFXIV and SE in general?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wonder if it's too late to sell my account?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I wonder if it's too late to sell my account?
    probably, expectations just from a guess is that RMT market will kind of tank and then stabilize much lower than before

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm really bummed they never added the rest of the playable monsters to monstrosity before, since it seem extremely unlikely they ever will now.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Meh. Don't see a point if it can only net me a few hundred bucks.

Unless they drastically lower the sub cost, I think I see a "bright" future for private servers, since they're basically going to be the only ones creating any new content from now on. (Brighter than it currently is, at least, but I can't really see that huge of an interest for this game propping up.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they give us one last new area, I want it to be Tavnazia.

Ollieyk

One last, year long, hurrah. It's a bitter pill covered in strange tasting sugar.

Jumping on the mobile bandwagon is a little insulting too

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

One thing I haven't seen confirmed either way: Is the Korean company taking over FFXI, or are they just handling whateverthefuck that mobile thing is?

I assumed the latter, when I read it, but at this point fuck if I know.