Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

the only reason i started assuming the game might go f2p is cause of how they been taking bannings so serious all of a sudden after not caring for so long. prolly will just end up being a timeline with a new ilvl increase tho.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    but do you really trust SE to make such a distinction and then properly implement it?
    Why not?
    I'd trust SE way more than other companies (Hello Gameforge!) in doing such a thing.
    Many others? No.
    But this specifically? Absolutely.
    Think SE doesn't have particular symphathy for that and doesn't want to associate its main brand with something like P2W, they're fully aware of the reputation issues it brings.
    I'm pretty confident if they were to ever implement a F2P model it would be a nice one, far from P2W ones.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Here's what I could see:
    - Additional mission reward equipment. (More than one DM earring, CoP ring, etc. Must have beaten the mission line, though.)
    That actually could be interesting. Imagine being able to purchase all of the Adoulin Rings.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

personally hope the announcement is that they are shutting the game down, wouldn't make sense since it's financially sound but yeah.. ffxi has continued to degrade at a solid rate for a while population wise and content wise

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I vote F2P or server shutdown.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    personally hope the announcement is that they are shutting the game down, wouldn't make sense since it's financially sound but yeah.. ffxi has continued to degrade at a solid rate for a while population wise and content wise
    Why would you hope it is that?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Probably has to do with this
    i'm not saying i don't deserve to be banned, i just don't on that account and i know there is nothing tying me to the ones that i deserve to be banned on (they aren't banned)

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Here's what I could see:
    - Portable Home Point teleportation item that recharges every hour.
    Quick nitpick but with the 10 minute warp ring, this would be pointless.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I was wondering if they'd let you pay to refresh the cooldowns on such things as Dynamis/Salvage and the like. Ban everyone cheating then allow people to pay money to repeat if you're too impatient to wait.

Freemium could work in XI but they'd have to overhaul the entire way the game works going forward once you dangle the obvious shortcuts. New mounts? Increased movement speed drinks? Race changers? What the game would do for an actual dungeon finder.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Probably has to do with this
    That was my assumption. Got banned and now doesn't want anyone else to play.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Went full Kuja, I c.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Went full Kuja, I c.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    i literally gave you my reason immediately afterwards, reading is incredibly hard

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i literally gave you my reason immediately afterwards, reading is incredibly hard
    No, I read it, but it didn't make sense. Why would you want to them to end it if the server populations are low and you don't like the content? Just don't play it. You don't need to hope for thousands of other people to be out of a game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

as i said, i hope that's what will happen, i know it isn't. more than likely they will announce another completely garbage expansion.

i'll compare it to the most recent house of cards season, utter shit. i would have rather they ended it after season 2.

also my ban was a temp, nynja is a horrible troll i have no idea why anyone acknowledges him

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Why not?
    I'd trust SE way more than other companies (Hello Gameforge!) in doing such a thing.
    Many others? No.
    But this specifically? Absolutely.
    Think SE doesn't have particular symphathy for that and doesn't want to associate its main brand with something like P2W, they're fully aware of the reputation issues it brings.
    I'm pretty confident if they were to ever implement a F2P model it would be a nice one, far from P2W ones.
    They have shown themselves to have a mixture of very poor and very good decision making goes as far as this game and the franchise and their reputation goes. While it might be likely they wont it's not really a gamble I'd like to make not that I have a choice in this theoretical f2p scenario

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

also my ban was a temp, nynja is a horrible troll i have no idea why anyone acknowledges him
    So you want the game, the game that you now say you werent banned from and are presumably actively playing, to end? And I'm the troll...
    He's right, just quit if you hate it so much.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So you want the game, the game that you now say you werent banned from and are presumably actively playing, to end? And I'm the troll...
    i said it was a temp ban in the last thread, which i'm sure you already know since you constantly go back and quote it. i have not been on the game in at least 3 weeks after the temp ban being as i said in the thread (again you're a troll or just have the IQ of the troll you're attempting to impersonate) that i did not find it safe to be playing at all

stop trying to derail, i stated a sentiment which i'm sure many echo. in FFXIs current state i would rather the shit shut down than continue to degrade into complete garbage as it has been doing. it makes the entire company and memory of the game when it was decent pretty meh

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I was going to post the same thing but I refrained. Pretty shitty to want the game to end, something a lot of people on here grew older with and have fond memories of. Why wish it to die instead of improve and keep going on? Really don't get these doomsday people here or the other trash sites, main reason I really haven't been posting much lately.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I thought he was a major RMT or some shit? Makes it even more confusing.

OT, I'm hoping for a relaunch of some sort. While the game is still a long ways from a modern MMO, they've done a great deal to it in this past year that was great for quality of life, ease of exploration, etc.

I'm not familiar with trademarks and what goes into them, but is there a way to tell when that "Master of the Masks" trademark was made? Most expansions for MMOs that I can recall trademark the name 2 or less months before its announced, if not just a couple days before.

Edit: NM, unlazied, filed October 15, 2014.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast