Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I thought he was a major RMT or some shit? Makes it even more confusing.

OT, I'm hoping for a relaunch of some sort. While the game is still a long ways from a modern MMO, they've done a great deal to it in this past year that was great for quality of life, ease of exploration, etc.

I'm not familiar with trademarks and what goes into them, but is there a way to tell when that "Master of the Masks" trademark was made? Most expansions for MMOs that I can recall trademark the name 2 or less months before its announced, if not just a couple days before.

Edit: NM, unlazied, filed October 15, 2014.
    Seekers of Adoulin was filed three days before Vanafest 2012 and didn't enter the petition phase I think until after it was announced at the event. Most people think MotM is Dragon Quest related though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This announcement comes in time for anyone still playing XI to migrate to XIV, in time to be ready for Heavensward at the end of June.

Please look forward to it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    stop trying to derail, i stated a sentiment which i'm sure many echo. in FFXIs current state i would rather the shit shut down than continue to degrade into complete garbage as it has been doing. it makes the entire company and memory of the game when it was decent pretty meh
    The difference between you and the others who share that sentiment is they've quit, and you're here still doing this http://31.media.tumblr.com/dc1d1211d...29k8o2_500.gif

Stop doing that if you hate the game so much and go play WoW or XIV or something, dont go to bed at night praying that the announcement is SE killing XI so you can move on with your life...and then sit there and say I'm the fucking troll.

i have not been on the game in at least 3 weeks after the temp ban being as i said in the thread (again you're a troll or just have the IQ of the troll you're attempting to impersonate)
    I dont take notes of whos accounts have been banned / temped / untouched, sorry. Thing is, I found the post you're alluding to, and it was put in the same post where you flat out said "I'm RMT", which kinda took the spotlight away from anything else you said.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They're going to show off and discuss /lockstyle.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"Not only will we plan to add job emotes for Geo and Run but also the two missing macro books for those jobs. Please look forward to it"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    The difference between you and the others who share that sentiment is they've quit, and you're here still doing this

Stop doing that if you hate the game so much and go play WoW or XIV or something, dont go to bed at night praying that the announcement is SE killing XI so you can move on with your life...and then sit there and say I'm the fucking troll.

I dont take notes of whos accounts have been banned / temped / untouched, sorry. Thing is, I found the post you're alluding to, and it was put in the same post where you flat out said "I'm RMT", which kinda took the spotlight away from anything else you said.
    sorry that your brain isn't big enough to read more than 1 part of a post, i'm going to stop posting because i know you'll just "evolve" into posting more gifs and youtube videos praising your limited highschool education for giving you the ability to do so. again in my post i said i have not logged on for 3 weeks, i'm posting here because whatever the announcement is it will be interesting even if announcement itself is bland

personally hope the game dies, the state that it's in is completely disrespectful to those of us who poured so much time into it, it's amazingly bug-ridden and content-less.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

sorry that your brain isn't big enough to read more than 1 part of a post, i'm going to stop posting because i know you'll just "evolve" into posting more gifs and youtube videos praising your limited highschool education for giving you the ability to do so. again in my post i said i have not logged on for 3 weeks, i'm posting here because whatever the announcement is it will be interesting even if announcement itself is bland

personally hope the game dies, the state that it's in is completely disrespectful to those of us who poured so much time into it, it's amazingly bug-ridden and content-less.
    So to make yourself feel a little bit better, you want something to happen that will remove FFXI from the thousands or tens of thousands that still enjoy it. K.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For anyone wondering, I did go on the FFXI JP site and confirmed that the time/date for the announcement are correct. The game has been running for over a decade and I still can't trust them to change timezones correctly.

After re-reading this, I do definitely get an ominous vibe from this announcement. It's very sudden, with no forewarning even in the JP weekly summary from 4 days ago. There are also none of the normal "please look forward to it" kind of jplish phrases (or comparable phrases in the JP announcement). Y'all can stay as positive as you want, but I doubt they're going to be announcing "FFXI Remastered: A new expansion edition (with updated graphics and less PS2)." I bet they're going to server merge and stop producing new content.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How is NynJa a troll? He was on the Delve II thread posting legit information and took me seriously when I opened an account and posted.

Trolls don't normally make productive acknowledgements.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    How is NynJa a troll? He was on the Delve II thread posting legit information and took me seriously when I opened an account and posted.

Trolls don't normally make productive acknowledgements.
    He's just upset that half of his RMT accounts got axed...and yet somehow with two other people acknowledging that they were thinking the same things I was, I'm still the troll. He's just talking shit cause he's a bitch.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Edit: Just read that it said 12:00 a.m. I can't timezone.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can we just ban D44kpunk and NynJa from the thread and be done with it?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For anyone wondering, I did go on the FFXI JP site and confirmed that the time/date for the announcement are correct. The game has been running for over a decade and I still can't trust them to change timezones correctly.

After re-reading this, I do definitely get an ominous vibe from this announcement. It's very sudden, with no forewarning even in the JP weekly summary from 4 days ago. There are also none of the normal "please look forward to it" kind of jplish phrases (or comparable phrases in the JP announcement). Y'all can stay as positive as you want, but I doubt they're going to be announcing "FFXI Remastered: A new expansion edition (with updated graphics and less PS2)." I bet they're going to server merge and stop producing new content.
    There's no reason for them to stop content though. The game is still profitable and part of that has to do with keeping the playerbase busy with new stuff. Just look at Everquest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Opportunity cost. Something can be turning a profit and still be a bad idea depending on the capital (material or human) it requires. Perhaps theyfigure they could do better than 1mil/mo with the FFXI Dev team making another mobile ap or single player RPG.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Opportunity cost. Something can be turning a profit and still be a bad idea depending on the capital (material or human) it requires. Perhaps theyfigure they could do better than 1mil/mo with the FFXI Dev team making another mobile ap or single player RPG.
    True, but with the quality+quantity of content we're getting I'd be surprised if a team this small could make 1mil/month doing other things. Could very well be wrong though. I think most of the team works on FFXIV concurrently with less than a handful actually dedicated to FFXI

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'd love to see a merge just for the whining that would ensue. I'm sure the loudest one asking for it would be the first to complain that suddenly their CP camps or dynamis farming is too crowded now.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ironically SE could alleviate those crowding issues by adjusting mobs, instead of filling the Gates areas with shitty mobs like Umbrils and Dullahans and Craklaws and Efts, they could instead put more Raptors or Bats or shit like that

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Did RotZ and CoP take your virginity after a candle-lit dinner or something? Its a goddamn game. Methinks you're putting a little rose into those rosey memories you have there.

Shit, its like SE paid you to play it instead of the other way around. Well.. if the RMT stuff is true, they did kinda pay you.

On topic: If they're holding nearly a million subs, I can't see the gravy train pulling into its last station just yet. Easy money is easy money. Announcing that they're no longer adding new content or patches is one thing, but I don't see them turning off the servers for as long as people are pissing away money for a game this old each month.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Y'all are also doing the math like going into no-more-updates mode would instantly lose 100% of the subscribers. We've essentially been playing the same game for the last year and haven't lost everyone. Think how many Draylos there probably are on each server, or people that don't mind paying $13.95/mo for a chat service with their old friends. Keep in mind that the JP community isn't hurting as badly as the NA community.

The most recent number they've given (which was a ballpark) was 100k subs for FFXI. That's >6k subs per server, which is almost certainly just not true. I'd give them 4k subs per server at ~$15 each average (~1mil/mo revenue). If they announce no more updates, I'd bet that maybe 20% of the people would instantly unsub, which would lose them ~200k/mo. Why only 20%? Because at 4k subs per server, the vast majority of people aren't playing daily anyway. Without some strong prompt (like having their credit card rejected), they'd probably not deactivate. Eventually this would tail off and probably asymptote out at 20% subs remaining (800k/mo loss). Assume it takes 2 years to reach the new steady state and the decline between the points is linear, this would be a 12 million dollar loss. Could they make >$12mil using the FFXI dev team in some other way between now and then? Maybe?

We also know there are substantial infrastructure updates / changes needed for FFXI if they want to keep producing content in the future. The instancing system is barely holding itself together. The number of BCNMs is insufficient for the JP population even with our empty servers. Enmity is broken. Damage dealt is broken. Damage taken is broken. Job balance is broken. MP management is broken. Stun is broken. People hate iLevel. Their server software is held together with bubblegum, and the guy that chewed the gum left the company 5 years ago. FFXI's graphics have aged well due to the style they picked, but they don't compare to any current game. If they actually want to stop FFXI's decay, they would have to fix at least some of these problems. Fixing them would take a lot of time (probably more time than releasing new events containing the problems) and is unlikely to be profitable.

...FFXI mobile! >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast