BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Well at least we know it exists.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

very unlikely to play on my phone so only wondering how this will impact the pc version

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Going to need a tablet for this thing.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

this has got me quite excited. i wasnt expecting them to remake so much visually.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

UI may still change.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I'll have to use my tablet for this lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If that is just concept art / mock-up, eh! If that's legitimately how it is going to be, I'll have to consider whether I want to play a tablet game >:/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Could probably just emulate it on PCs too.

....I think cell phone/tablet stuff has emulators anyways, never used one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's bluestacks, if you're looking for an emulator.

Also, I spy pay content on that UI.
    God help us.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't get the point of them licensing FFXI if they're just going to spend the money and create new assets off the old designs that look demanding for any mid-tier phone instead of wholesale lifting the old shit which would render on the most toaster of phones. The FFXI name isn't strong, so why not just create something new and keep all the potential profits to yourself?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The FFXI name may not be strong but the "Final Fantasy" name is. They can count on people picking it up just on that alone. Plus, there are probably a lot of gamers who have played the single-player FFs but missed out on the MMO versions because of time constraints or lack of interest or whatever, who will be interested in playing the game because now they can have at least a glimpse of what XI is like without making a full commitment to it. Without a certain person in my life in the past, I would absolutely have been counted among that number now.

I'm really interested what they end up doing with this mobile game, however... if it's all cash shop (and that is extremely likely) I probably won't play more than a little bit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The FFXI name may not be strong but the "Final Fantasy" name is. They can count on people picking it up just on that alone. Plus, there are probably a lot of gamers who have played the single-player FFs but missed out on the MMO versions because of time constraints or lack of interest or whatever, who will be interested in playing the game because now they can have at least a glimpse of what XI is like without making a full commitment to it. Without a certain person in my life in the past, I would absolutely have been counted among that number now.

I'm really interested what they end up doing with this mobile game, however... if it's all cash shop (and that is extremely likely) I probably won't play more than a little bit.
    Given we have no details and all the UI elements appear to be mockups I think the only thing we can take from it is there will be mobile 'free to play' elements. I also think we can assume most the gameplay will be quite different, both because of the need to create a mobile UI but also because they mentioned its a 'reboot' so although character/lore/world might be the same or similar, I expect the field and combat mechanics to be radically different if they are taking the time to completely remodel most the game world and assets. (That overwold 'looks' like sarutabaruta and yet looks nothing like it all the same). As long as the game can function mechanically with little need for cash shop items I think it will be nice to have a free version for other players who have either quit or never played FFXI to experience the world and story content without a paid subscription (And with greatly increased visual immersion at that). The only free to play mechanic I expect to see in this game, but also have a wait and see approach in how its implemented is the stamina mechanic. A lot of current free to play games SE on mobile have these mechanics and some are easy enough to work with, but others basically break the game from being enjoyable for me. The triple triad app when it released had a horrible stamina mechanic where you could only play 5 games every 30 minutes, and if you bought time, you couldn't expend the time reduced ones first, they changed the stamina gauge to shorter amount of time (think it was one point every 10 minutes now?) but it still breaks you away from playing the game if you wanted to grind. Basically if you wanted play for anything other then 10 minutes worth of game time you had to purchase points which you had to spend before the timer would even start to add more points back. I see a similar stamina cash shop mechanic in the concept UI (999/999 (2:00)).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's Nexon, it'll be P2W within 3 months

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

edit: wrong thread XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good god this game will take forever to reach stateside won't it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Good god this game will take forever to reach stateside won't it?
    It's supposed to hit all regions this year.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking bluestacks, otherwise I'll probably get a new iPad mini to play it with as well.

I see this game being F2P with cash shop most likely. It doesn't make sense to have stamina govern everything in an Mmorpg, but they could make certain content more accessible at a cost. If we take existing FFXI as an example.. BCNMs are restricted by seals which you farm, but alternatively you could simply buy the beastmen seals in a cash shop

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Could see it being made as more of a cooperative episodic/mission based RPG rather than a full blown MMO to accommodate a stamina system. Final Fantasy Explorers style sort of thing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Considering the 2nd screenshot shows 4 different currencies as part of the main UI, I get the feeling it's going to be heavily P2W

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

for the benefit of everyone who doesn't know korean i think it should be said repeatedly that the text in the bottom left of each pic is a disclaimer saying that the UI is a placeholder

besides some of the stats don't even make sense.