BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    for the benefit of everyone who doesn't know korean i think it should be said repeatedly that the text in the bottom left of each pic is a disclaimer saying that the UI is a placeholder

besides some of the stats don't even make sense.
    Well yeah, clearly -- but this is nexon.
    UI is a placeholder, but that could just mean they're gonna change the look, nothing else
    With Nexon's history, can't be too optimistic. s:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't get the point of them licensing FFXI if they're just going to spend the money and create new assets off the old designs that look demanding for any mid-tier phone instead of wholesale lifting the old shit which would render on the most toaster of phones. The FFXI name isn't strong, so why not just create something new and keep all the potential profits to yourself?
    The idea is a cash grab using few resources. FF11 is so old that the series was in its heyday, as opposed to now when the FF15 team flat out admitted their research revealed the IP has fallen drastically. Know why that is? Because SE aren't capable of creating something new that's worth a shit, so they have to rely on old remakes to eek out profit, instead of blowing up in their faces like FF14 v1

At this point, we don't even know if there will be a 16, so i really think they've gotten risk adverse in response to their design failures

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    There's bluestacks, if you're looking for an emulator.

Also, I spy pay content on that UI.
    God help us.
    well a lot of people on OF have been urging them to go to F2P with a cash shop as the updates end, or to leave us with a visual update

the obvious drawbacks are starting over, P2W, and need a better pc or tablet

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'm thinking bluestacks, otherwise I'll probably get a new iPad mini to play it with as well.

I see this game being F2P with cash shop most likely. It doesn't make sense to have stamina govern everything in an Mmorpg, but they could make certain content more accessible at a cost. If we take existing FFXI as an example.. BCNMs are restricted by seals which you farm, but alternatively you could simply buy the beastmen seals in a cash shop
    or they just flat out don't let you in the BC without paying 50 cents...it is nexon

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It would be amazing if this was actually fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I still have a lot of trouble imagining an interface that would make an MMO work on the tablet. I mean, how many of us use the Logitech G-series? We don't even have enough easy-access to keys on a keyboard and the tablet is severely limited in this respect.

Am I going to have to stop doing everything so I can type like in FFXIV? That'd be lame.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I'm imagining it's going to be some kind of turn based or similar speed, kinda like grandmasters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I could never use those G[x] keys. hated those

did everything with a regular keyboard, now I just have a mech keyboard but no macro keys.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I'm imagining it's going to be some kind of turn based or similar speed, kinda like grandmasters.
    They can stream MMOs, which is very popular in Japan at least (since i only ever played em while in Japan) but I heard SEA also has some MMOs that are streamed, so it doesn't have to be like Grandmasters. Also iirc, Nexon has to have "P2W" or basically "stamina" type systems in all their games due to a court case they lost years back. At least I think it was nexon...

Either way, I have hope for Mobile XI, but not while Nexon has it. I mean, I can see them working on XI PC a lot more, especially after seeing some of the stuff coming to XIV and how they spent all that time working on the yo-kai crossover (not hating on it) but if "lack of resources and time" is their main excuse (for both games)...they really need to like..redo their focus lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think multiplayer games like Journey that involve no talking could work on the phone. The need to communicate really takes up a lot of keyboard space.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Think the important takeaway here is that it's been over a year since the announcement and they have more or less nothing to show for it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Think the important takeaway here is that it's been over a year since the announcement and they have more or less nothing to show for it.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what you mean is they have the WotG dev team working on it?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    So what you mean is they have the WotG dev team working on it?
    No, that would have been released on day 1, but with no content, and they would allow access to a new city every 6 months.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think this is mostly gonna be a shitty micro transaction cashgrab. We'll see though.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Congratulations on reaching Lv.5, you can now travel to San D'oria, you can either choose to pay $14.95 to unlock a chocobo for a week to travel you to any city instantly or you can spend 8 hours walking.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I think this is mostly gonna be a shitty micro transaction cashgrab. We'll see though.
    while i do fear that, i think SE will have close eye on their main IP.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

agreed.
    we know from this article that the graphics were actually more or less "ready" since about a year ago? or maybe that was before they decided to remake all the zone assets.

either way it would seem like the project has been delayed quite a bit. i don't expect a 2016 release at this point but my plate will be pretty full with just FF alone so im not complaining any

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

agreed.
    we know from this article that the graphics were actually more or less "ready" since about a year ago?
    I took that quote to mean they'd seen a tech demo of what it could look like, not actual assets being run in-engine. Disregard the UI in the recent "screenshots" and take a closer look at the WHM's club on their back instead of their hip, the weird/inconsistent shadows, etc. They smell like art composites, not in-game footage.

All feels moot, however, as I'm pretty sure they said our current characters wouldn't transfer over to the mobile experience. What's the point?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

What's the point?
    My thoughts exactly. I miss Vana'diel but not enough to start over on a new character.

I am quite curious how they intend to monetize this new XI though. If the original XI remains a subscription-based MMO, yet the Reboot contains the exact same storyline and is free2play, why would people who have not experienced XI subscribe to the original?? And consequently, why run 2 MMOs with the same basic premise? My theory is they hope to convert most of their remaining JP population over to the mobile game and finally justify shutting down old FFXI, coz "lol non-JP players".