Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Goldsmith leveling these days?

Just returned to the game after a mega long absence.

I am currently 73 and was wondering if anyone can advise how skilling up has changed from back in the day? Is there any new synths that have good ingredient supply for the next 27+ levels?

Been looking on wiki but not sure if they are up to date.

Thanks

Old Merits
    BG Level

Compared to what it used to be like, it definitely is a joke.

At 73, you can synth the higher level geodes already (Leviatite, Shivite etc.), as the cheaper ones shouldn't be going for more than 1k a stone on most servers. Do that until 81 and, going from there, you can just start making elemental beads up until they cap at 87 (depending on the server, you can NPC these, making either minimal losses or even profit, but you should keep them, actually). You can consider focusing a little more on Orichalcum Ingots (until 89), though, as you'll need them later on and, at least on Odin, it's cheaper to synthesize them instead of buying them.

From 89 until level 93, you should synthesize Orichalcum Rings and keep them. After that, Phrygians Rings are an option, but availability and prices vary a little. Another option are the level 72 elemental rings. Again, losses are negligible, but you should synthesize these until level 95. I recommend having at least +2 or +3 skill at this point (you should get the Goldsmith's Torque if you haven't done so already). Now, you'll make actual profit (or minimal losses), synthesizing the level 74 rings, using the Orichalcum Rings and elemental beads you kept. These can actually be NPC'ed for more than decent prices, which should be more than sufficient to cover losses.

You can keep synthesizing these until 102 and then focus on Hepatizon Ingots until 105.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thanks very much Lepetit, that's a big help

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It wasn't specifically said but you should quit at 105. Every recipe after that uses at least 1 Ormolu Ingot. And while the price has gone down it's still like 1mil each and none of the synths are worth it.

Also I recommend getting Shaper's Shawl for more skillups. And eating kitron macaron for some more skillups but mostly for much higher success rate. With Kitrons you can get very high success (like 90%) even at 5-6 lvls away. Also synth in aoudolin with ionis on. And pick up a Artificer's ring, Craftmaster's ring and Craftkeeper's ring from the inventors coalition

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Some top tips here, thanks guys.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Lost track a long while ago but finally got my Shaper's Shawl!!!!! Must be 1/150 or so... Fished up a good lot of them myself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'll also add 102-104 you can do Silver Cassandra. Fairly cheap synth, and the Darksteel Hexagun required can be bought from the Sparks NPC.

Ashuras are a similarly decent synth earlier on at 75, since you can get the weapon needed for sparks and it's effectively 1 1/2 gold ingots per synth. (since gold threads synth at 2 per ingot). If you can find a cheap source of garudites, etc, that's 75-81 right there, and that puts you nicely on track for doing beads to 87- although I liked hitting 83 or so and starting to do Ocl. Ingots to 89, if only because I get a nice supply of ore for it from my Mog Garden and they're easier to store for later (Mog Garden vein #4, and I just keep the upper gathering point locked in with rockoil- that'll get you gold/platinum/orich/Phrygian ore with decent regularity mixed in with everything else).

Minor update- with the skillup range now going to up to -10 below the previous cap, one can take skillup items much, much further than before. I was surprised to see multiple skillups (I actually went from 84.2 to 85) randomly synthing a dozen ramuites just to clear out my inventory a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I ended trying to do silver cassandras to push my way to 110 but since with the market the way it is today I had to not only make a lot of the ingredients but make a lot of the ingredients for the those ingredients. Ended up just camping ah for beads/ore and finishing up with rings

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was making a bunch of ingots with kits from guild to use for alch. I figured since SE said it was only good for 10 lvls it would stop 10 lvls above. but I was able to get skill ups until I was 11 above. So I got 51 off a 40 kit, when I thought it would stop at 50. I used a 99 to get 109.6 and finished off with the mats I had been saving for months for a 106.

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    I was making a bunch of ingots with kits from guild to use for alch. I figured since SE said it was only good for 10 lvls it would stop 10 lvls above. but I was able to get skill ups until I was 11 above. So I got 51 off a 40 kit, when I thought it would stop at 50. I used a 99 to get 109.6 and finished off with the mats I had been saving for months for a 106.
    Sounds like it'll attempt skillups now from -0.1 to -10.9, then (since it let you go to 51 from a 40 kit, it still must check for skillups up to 10.9 at most). That's good to know. Means the -ites will finish skilling you up at 92 instead of 91, and stuff like Ocl. Ingots should stop neatly at 100.