+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

not me but a friend built his PC and didnt put the spacers in between the case and mobo and well you know the rest.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That had to be a.........shocking......experience.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

One of these days, my dream of people doing a reboot before calling me will be realized.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

@melena, ahahahaha that sucks

I did the same thing but realized my mistake when the video card didn't fit - thank god, before I turned the power on.

that is one of the best, most classic tech fails imo.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    That had to be a.........shocking......experience.
    Turns out that doesn't so much other than fry the board. At least that's what happened when we had a tech do it (right before he got fired).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Oh, right, frying mainboards... Did that once too, not because of missing spacers, but because there was one extra spacer in the case that I overlooked.

So at some point one of our system admins deleted one of our horizon pools last night and didn't rebuild/tell anyone..... good thing one of the people that uses the pool gets in 3 hours earlier than everyone else to let me know he can't log in. That would of been a really angry 400 people this morning.....

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I never understood why people get angry when the system (or anything they use) is down. To me it's time off lol

They are not angry they can't do their work, they are angry they can't surf the web, check their personal e-mail, or what the guy early this morning was planing on doing, playing pacman on google maps today.

Edit: They just act angry that it is about their work....

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh fair point; I was looking at it from my point of view. Example, I made a big laughing scene at the train station the other week. Someone had committed suicide on the line, so all trains were stopped.

I wasn't aware, so when I tried to enter the barrier 4 station workers stopped me. I asked why, they told me. My response? "YESSSSS. I don't need to go to work." (behind me were several annoyed people that they can't get to work; and complaining in general about any and everything to do with the train company). Cue masses of laughing from them (who were probably getting shit all day) and then a brief chat how I was the only and first one to react like this.

Anyway, an interesting experiment these days. To find out someone's trueself, force them to use a slow (dialup or slightly faster) connection and see how they react. - or take away the internet entirely.

I would react the same way you do for the most part, but i can telework no matter what so i would still be "working". That said, if that happened a year ago, where my boss would tell me i won't get paid because i missed work... I would be pissed (like some of those people were i'm sure) because that is cutting into my bottom line. Now that i get paid, work or no, i would enjoy it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Speaking of spacers for the case, when my friend put together his computer he put every single spacer in, so it had all the things for mid and full. He RMA'd the first mobo with us both not knowing why it didn't work. Of course, I had watched over the entire process to make sure he wouldn't do anything wrong, but he put the mobo into the case before I got there and I figured he couldn't have done that wrong at least. ~.~

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

not a fail but we don't have a better thread for this so posting anyway:

am I the only one who has to code in courier new? like... any other font, it just feels wrong. IT'S NOT CODE IF IT'S NOT COURIER NEW.

seriously, I just started writing something on my work computer where notepad defaults to arial or some shit and I'm like... no, this is not ok. I feel like it won't compile or something lol

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This morning its like fucking everyone is losing their shit.

"Ryan! My Excel Sheets are gone!"
    *grabs it off the shared network location that they are all saved to and have been forever*

"Ryan! This phone log is printing landscape!"
    *Walks over and clicks print and unchecks the autopotrait box*

"Ryan! When I click delete it gives me an error!"
    *right clicks, left clicks refresh, and says they were already deleted*

I then put both my hands around my morning cup of tea and lean over the nearest table and start saying. "WISH YOU WOULD STEP BACK FROM THAT LEDGE MY FRIEND!!"

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are you in the UK? Easter's technically over since last Friday, and everyone (parents) are back to work. Sounds like a rush of people coming back with their brain deteriorated from holidays lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah, it is just a normal day

No clue what they are going to do when I am not here for a couple of months.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just got a call from my office's operations manager. I recently replaced his 7-year-old laptop with a new Core i7 unit with an SSD, 16GB RAM, etc. A fairly nice machine. It also has Bluetooth in addition to wireless ac.

The call went like this:

Him: What's this little "Bluetooth" thing I see on this laptop?
    Me: Your laptop is equipped with Bluetooth which will allow you to print to Bluetooth printers, pair with Bluetooth earpieces, etc.
    Him: What if I don't want it to do any of that?
    Me: Then you can just ignore it and forget it has Bluetooth.
    Him: Is this thing going to answer my damn phone or anything?? (he's getting increasingly aggitated)
    Me: No, Bluetooth devices require pairing so it won't answer your phone when it rings.
    Him But my car answers my phone when it rings...
    Me: And you paired your phone with your car's audio system, did you not?
    Him: No, no I didn't, that's why I'm worried.
    Me: Your car answers your phone without being paired up?
    Him: Well, my wife paired them. But *I* didn't.

Not total fail, but I was amused nonetheless.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Just got a call from my office's operations manager. I recently replaced his 7-year-old laptop with a new Core i7 unit with an SSD, 16GB RAM, etc. A fairly nice machine. It also has Bluetooth in addition to wireless ac.

The call went like this:

Him: What's this little "Bluetooth" thing I see on this laptop?
    Me: Your laptop is equipped with Bluetooth which will allow you to print to Bluetooth printers, pair with Bluetooth earpieces, etc.
    Him: What if I don't want it to do any of that?
    Me: Then you can just ignore it and forget it has Bluetooth.
    Him: Is this thing going to answer my damn phone or anything?? (he's getting increasingly aggitated)
    Me: No, Bluetooth devices require pairing so it won't answer your phone when it rings.
    Him But my car answers my phone when it rings...
    Me: And you paired your phone with your car's audio system, did you not?
    Him: No, no I didn't, that's why I'm worried.
    Me: Your car answers your phone without being paired up?
    Him: Well, my wife paired them. But *I* didn't.

Not total fail, but I was amused nonetheless.
    Yes, it is a total fail. What a dipshit.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My tech fail for the day is I cannot figure out why one particular users computer is putting the wrong time stamps on all of his emails in outlook. Every email he receives has a time stamp exactly one hour early. And every email he sends out arrives at its destination with a sent time stamp one hour later. Microsoft outlook in OSX 10.8.5

It is definitely something wrong on his computer. If I enable his email address on my computer it works fine. I have been searching all morning but I cannot find anything. It is also happening with multiple email accounts on his computer. I checked the system settings for time and time zone and those are all correct.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    My tech fail for the day is I cannot figure out why one particular users computer is putting the wrong time stamps on all of his emails in outlook. Every email he receives has a time stamp exactly one hour early. And every email he sends out arrives at its destination with a sent time stamp one hour later. Microsoft outlook in OSX 10.8.5

It is definitely something wrong on his computer. If I enable his email address on my computer it works fine. I have been searching all morning but I cannot find anything. It is also happening with multiple email accounts on his computer. I checked the system settings for time and time zone and those are all correct.
    Check the calendar settings under preferences?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag