+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Open the command prompt as the user you want to run the program as, then open it there.

In this case

control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Open the command prompt as the user you want to run the program as, then open it there.

In this case

control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters
    Doesn't work, options still grayed out in the printer propreties

I would have to see what you are talking about with "greyed out", another quick way if this isn't something you need to do often is just add them to the local admin real fast, make the change, then remove them.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I would assume that with greyed out me means "unselectable", GPO locking options leave them a faded grey rather than the selectable "black" text. I had a similar problem the other day, but didn't get around to looking into it yet, would be interesting to hear what you come up with, but temporarily giving local adm. would probably solve most issues unless there's some GPO overriding what he wants.

They broke the whole loading the new control panel from cmd some time back from what I understand :/ it's very unnecessarily complicated now, unless there some smart trick I never saw. The old control panel would ask for authorization. the new one just doesn't respond :/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I would have to see what you are talking about with "greyed out", another quick way if this isn't something you need to do often is just add them to the local admin real fast, make the change, then remove them.
    Exemple, if i go to port section I cannot change the port of the printer or add a new port

Can't change SNMP option (greyed out not selectable)

But it's fine i logged in as admin and fixed it

On the new servers (when ever we get them) I will install all printers by GPO

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

On 7, the first tab of printer properties has the option to change properties as admin. At least that's how it is set up for us. That opens up all the other options for configuration.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuck Django. I can't figure out how to make this website read from the database. Dammit.

BG Level

Fuck, I can't figure out what's wrong

So i have a user that cannot share a calendar. (when you right click the calendar and click share the shared calendar option is grayed out).
    I tried rebooting his PC and outlook and doesn't work.
    (I didn't reset his profile because he doesn't want to)

I tried on 3 other PC and all the ones i tried can exept that guy.

Everyone is on an Office 365 plan so the Outlook is configured as Exchange.

The only difference i see between that guy and the others is that Everyone is on 365 Premium (with office 2016) , while the guy in problem is on Office 2016 Home and Business (Retail version)

Thanks

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Everyone is on an Office 365 plan so the Outlook is configured as Exchange.

The only difference i see between that guy and the others is that Everyone is on 365 Premium (with office 2016) , while the guy in problem is on Office 2016 Home and Business (Retail version)

Thanks
    That's the problem I think. I've had issue with people working from home on a retail version of Office that's not tied into the Enterprise account and being unable to do a bunch of shit because of it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    That's the problem I think. I've had issue with people working from home on a retail version of Office that's not tied into the Enterprise account and being unable to do a bunch of shit because of it.
    Yeah I guessed it, but would be stupid for a version that has the work BUSINESS into it, to not be able to share a calendar ...

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah I guessed it, but would be stupid for a version that has the work BUSINESS into it, to not be able to share a calendar ...
    I'm a little unsure about the layout here. Where is _his_ e-mail account hosted, is it on the same exchange server as the rest, so the calendar, e-mail etc. is there?
    if so, is it set up with OWA? if it's 2013 or 2016 exchange, can log into the OWA and do it from there, or set up calendars to be shared as default.(probably works with Exchange 2010 as well, but I don't remember, it's been a while)
    Calendar sharing actively from Outlook calendar user hasnt' really worked for us since we were on Exchange somethingreallyold.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I'm a little unsure about the layout here. Where is _his_ e-mail account hosted, is it on the same exchange server as the rest, so the calendar, e-mail etc. is there?
    if so, is it set up with OWA? if it's 2013 or 2016 exchange, can log into the OWA and do it from there, or set up calendars to be shared as default.
    Calendar sharing actively from the calendar user hasnt' really worked for us since we were on Exchange somethingreallyold.

We use Office 365 emails. Everyone is on 365.

It's just that that guy uses a Retail disk version of Office 2016 instead of the the downloadable version from his O365 licence.

As for OWA, I don't know as he doesn't want me to reset his password for him to go on OWA

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

We use Office 365 emails. Everyone is on 365.

It's just that that guy uses a Retail disk version of Office 2016 instead of the the downloadable version from his O365 licence.

As for OWA, I don't know as he doesn't want me to reset his password for him to go on OWA
    I'm not sure how canadian law is on this, but if you can do it with his consent:

In the exchange admin console, give yourself full access to his mailbox. after a little while it'll pop in your outlook client with full rights (don't need passwords), his calendar will be on your calendars list, and you can set it from there (I'm assuming this works with office 365, I know it works with a local Exchange 2016)

alt 2. how is your domain config? do you use Azure AD with ADFS or other solutions so domain accounts are hooked up to the Office 365 accounts or are they unrelated? can you just log him onto another computer with his credentials, load up Outlook and change it on the other computer?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Little late, but yea, if you have one user on Office 365, and another user using Exchange for mail service, they do NOT play nice with each other. A work around the user may be able to do is go into their calendar, open up calendar properties, and manually add the user in via address book and set the permissions for that user. Once that's done, go to the other user, and have them open the calendar via the global address book and see if it works that way.

BG Level

Ok i don<t know if i'm explaining bad

ALL users are on Office 365, We do not have 2 different email services.

99% of my users are using Office 365 Business Premium and have the Office downloaded from their licences

This specific user has Office 365 Business Essentials, so they bought him a Disk version of Office 2016 to install on his laptop, but he's still using an email adress from our Office 365 sub

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ok i don<t know if i'm explaining bad

ALL users are on Office 365, We do not have 2 different email services.

99% of my users are using Office 365 Business Premium and have the Office downloaded from their licences

This specific user has Office 365 Business Essentials, so they bought him a Disk version of Office 2016 to install on his laptop, but he's still using an email adress from our Office 365 sub
    I'm pretty sure that's why it isn't working.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's why it isn't working.
    That in istelf shouldn't be an issue. 2016 won't even connect to exchange. I think it will only communicate with Office 365 for mail.

It's like my environment knows when i'm taking two weeks off. Friday afternoon (3 hours before i'm officially off), we start getting actively targeted by a DDoS attack..... While this is happening, one of our sites start losing power thanks to the Michigan weather (Lucky for me this was on a Sunday), and two HDD's in our primary SAN just went down at the same time. I just wanted to have a nice weekend before i took off.... damn you tech Gods.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    That in istelf shouldn't be an issue. 2016 won't even connect to exchange. I think it will only communicate with Office 365 for mail.
    I'm not sure what you mean here? Outlook 2016 speaks with exchange servers just fine in general?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Should clarify it won’t speak with older. Till we moved to office 365 we were on exchange 2007 which office 2016 wouldn’t even acknowledge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag