+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Check the calendar settings under preferences?
    Yeah I did that. It all appears to be set correctly. I also changed the time zone in the system preferences and then changed them back to the correct zone which forced outlook to resync but the time stamps are still exactly 1 hour off.

It might be time to try resetting the pram.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

any time something is off by an hour my first suspicion is daylight savings time settings. dunno too much about tech but this thread is still amusing.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now I understand not everyone has a grasp of tech and the sort. SO, when I was asked today how to send a picture back to themselves I went down the list of flash drive, etc and said well email it to yourself.

What I don't understand is their desire to then take this small picture the size of a wallet photo to Wallgreens to then have it printed out. Just get a piece of photopaper. We have so many various printers in the office from dot matrix "tractor feeds" to laser to good ink jets up to the Epson Sylus Pro 4900s. I mean something in the office is able to print what you want. WHO goes to Wallgreens?!!

Not using office equipment for personal use..... and you are ranting about it.....

I remember having to install a tracking system for all our printers for a school (About 400 printers). Paper and Ink cost went down by almost 70k that year...

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

idk if any of you are in the right field to understand this, but here goes:

took a test today. feeling pretty good about one question on cache miss rate. ask my friend after class if she got the same answer. long story short, it turns out I did the question as if it were a direct-mapped cach, but the question was asking about a four-way associative cache.

I was like... "god. DAMNIT." I even remember reading that it was four-way associative; it just never clicked. fucking hell that was a fail on my part. good thing everyone is failing the class and it's curved.

my fault really... I should have known not every single answer would be 100% miss rate. that's too easy lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    idk if any of you are in the right field to understand this, but here goes:

took a test today. feeling pretty good about one question on cache miss rate. ask my friend after class if she got the same answer. long story short, it turns out I did the question as if it were a direct-mapped cach, but the question was asking about a four-way associative cache.

I was like... "god. DAMNIT." I even remember reading that it was four-way associative; it just never clicked. fucking hell that was a fail on my part. good thing everyone is failing the class and it's curved.

my fault really... I should have known not every single answer would be 100% miss rate. that's too easy lol
    Those are the mistakes that I always hated myself for and never got over. (What class? Comp. Architecture?)

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Machine Architecture, same thing.

thank you for understanding my pain lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's never the easy way out, and if it was you'd still get credit.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah I think I'll get a few points for effort and for having the right logic even if I answered the wrong question... I hope.

The funniest fail I have seen at work is someone asked for help with setting up their Dell docking station. It is the Dell D3000 displaylink if anyone is familiar. He admitted on the phone that it was probably user error before I said anything. I head up to his desk and he has the USB 3.0 from the dock plugged back into the dock instead of the laptop. Once I moved that plug, he started laughing.

I don't mind helping with simple things as long as the person can admit it and have a good sense of humor about it.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I recently changed over to mATX build so I had to do a fresh install of W7. After getting everything set up I go into disc management to make sure everything is how I like it. I notice on my 3tb HDD for some reason there was a 100mb partition that I swear wasn't there before. Same on my 512gb SSD. I go to attempt to merge them and I started with the SSD. I somehow wiped the entire drive which had the majority of my gaming data on it. The biggest bummer is I thought GTA V had cloud saving for single player. Nope! Roughly 20 hours or so down the drain.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could probably run something like recuva or some other free file forensics to find those files. Simply formatting the drive, like deleting a file, doesn't erase everything. Keep this in mind.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    You could probably run something like recuva or some other free file forensics to find those files. Simply formatting the drive, like deleting a file, doesn't erase everything. Keep this in mind.
    If this works I will internet kiss you!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by rahman1937 View Post
    The funniest fail I have seen at work is someone asked for help with setting up their Dell docking station. It is the Dell D3000 displaylink if anyone is familiar. He admitted on the phone that it was probably user error before I said anything. I head up to his desk and he has the USB 3.0 from the dock plugged back into the dock instead of the laptop. Once I moved that plug, he started laughing.

I don't mind helping with simple things as long as the person can admit it and have a good sense of humor about it.
    These days I don't mind helping no matter the issue. You'll never know, at work or not, the person you help may someday be useful to you. A tiny bit trickier if it's at work as it's kinda my job, but yeh turn the tables around and for any other issue in life that I need help with, I bet someone will think it's simple (i.e. broken facilities at home none IT).

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    I can confirm Recuva does work (back in 2006 at least, today I find it hard to find a working app that's free... not looked at Recuva today though). I never used it personally but a friend had some problem/corruption with an external disk and I gave him the app, and he was able to rescue everything.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here I am figuring I should take advantage of the moment I had and wipe my phone to go from Hyperdrive ROM version 20 to 21. So I reset and go to flash, and boom file is corrupted. So Here I am at work with no phone the last 40 minutes as this download finishes so I can go try and reflash. Just have to pretend I know anyone calling because it is all just numbers instead of contacts. Guess I should have imported my contacts in the meantime for 30 seconds.

I've been building a new VDI environment from the ground up, because the guy i replaced experimented so much with production, it was easier to start new. As anyone who has done anything like this knows, there are little bugs and shit here and there that need to be fixed as you progress to final testing. We have deployed it to about 30 users for testing. Out of those 30 people, 1 has been calling every day about a problem with this or that, 99% of which is just user configuration (How they like it to work). I've been documenting everything i do for the future and my boss walks in and starting reading it.

"You have been fixing all of this shit? These complaints are retarded, stop wasting your time with this nut. If you keep fixing things like this, they will expect too much. Only fix things that affect their performance."

This is the first IT job i've ever had where i can tell a user "No"......

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post

"You have been fixing all of this shit? These complaints are retarded, stop wasting your time with this nut. If you keep fixing things like this, they will expect too much. Only fix things that affect their performance."

This is the first IT job i've ever had where i can tell a user "No"......
    Haha, this is precisely why one of our in-house created software comes with errors known by the common users but to the new users they are actually "features".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm still working on the recovery. the C: drive recovered some things, but I do not see anything that pops out at me that it's my save files. I'm doing a deep search recovery on the larger SSD now.

Not fail on my part, but fail on NCIX.US. Yesterday they listed a I7-4790k for $229+shipping. Using a coupon I was able to snag it for $226 with shipping. I just got an email stating, "Sorry we f'd up no I7 for you!". Second time this week an online retailer hasn't honored what they advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Haha, this is precisely why one of our in-house created software comes with errors known by the common users but to the new users they are actually "features".
    Our main programmer has a board called "Features" which is his bug board. That started when he rebuilt one of our web apps, and one of the "Bugs" would leave the last known input in the search area. All new people LOVED that it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Welp, I don't think I'm recovering my GTA V save files. Used recuva and test disk and no .bak files were recovered.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag