+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Are you able to thinapp? If not, the only other thing i could think of to try is changing on of them to 64-bit (Most likely SFB) and hoping they don't see each other.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I’ll have to see for thinapp

I did so many tests I don’t remember if I tried on 64 bits and 1 32 bits lol

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

out of professional curiosity, what features of SfB do you still need that wouldn't be better served by Teams? MS is scuffling SfB soon anyway
    (maybe you could screw around with (Super)Orca, but I am not sure)

He is most likely in the same spot i am, where people with power do not want to move right now (While most are teleworking). We have half our users on teams and we had to stop because the powers at be told us not to shake the boat while all this is going down.

Edit: The one beef i have with teams is they don't let you create chat groups using the mailing list. Their answer to this for the last year has been "LOL create a team group"

BG Level

It’s mostly because the client has a home made program they use to extract recordings from Skype and import into another home made app

And Skype is already paid, it would cost too much for them to developp and migrate to teams

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    He is most likely in the same spot i am, where people with power do not want to move right now (While most are teleworking). We have half our users on teams and we had to stop because the powers at be told us not to shake the boat while all this is going down.

Edit: The one beef i have with teams is they don't let you create chat groups using the mailing list. Their answer to this for the last year has been "LOL create a team group"
    I can see that one. But, one question, when you say create chat groups, you mean literal chat groups and not teams? There's a function to convert distribution lists etc. to Office 365 groups ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...o365-worldwide ) if that alleviates a little (but needs to be pure cloudlists, can't be on-prems, seriously, fuck MS on that thing, hybrid deployments come with a lot of !"§#¤ annoyances. both our tenants are hybrid with a lot of stuff still on-prem, and security groups back and forwards are a serious pain, we've started recreating all our security groups etc. in the cloud because of the hybrid mess /rant)

Correct, chat groups. I'm sure I can get them used to teams and moving in that direction, but it is very annoying to have to deal with something that has been a thing for 15+ years. It's MS's way of forcing you into the team's system. I just hate when companies think they know better than you and force you to do it their way.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Someone I help regularly at work via Teams (text) has an issue with people using periods in their text, like:

Hello ..
    Hello . . .
    Hello ...

She sees it as hostile, which I do understand where she's coming from but it's not all that bad. Today I declined to help with something because I thought it was truly pointless to find out why something broke over the weekend when it was all working now, she replied to me with "..." and for some reason I'm taking it as a declaration of war lol as I thought it was very out of character/serious business for her to type that back to me.

In any case, I'm fearing repercussions so I spent a couple of hours after work on the investigation and also recovery of some missing files (edit: i was going to do this part anyways, it's the former part i didn't want to do) in an attempt to backpedal my way out of it.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Ouch interpersonal stuff has become much more difficult now that everyone is working from home. How people read text can be very different from how they interact in person. I hope you get it worked out.

Not sure if I posted this here but I got laid off from my IT job of 6 years because the business I worked for outsourced IT to a Managed IT service. Which sucks. The good news is I was able to get a job working for said outsource company so now I do the same job as I did before but get paid slightly more.

Plus I found out recently from my new job that I am going to get to do Sonicwall training soon so I can start to specialize in Firewall management.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Juniper SRX or Palo Alto > Sonic

Your IT resume will thank you later

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Juniper SRX or Palo Alto > Sonic

Your IT resume will thank you later
    Thanks for the suggestion. I also have experience with Peplink firewalls. I am not sure my work will pay for training in those other firewalls because we deal in Sonicwall but I will keep it on my radar for the future.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Honestly, the study material for em are largely free. For Juniper SRX, you can take the JNCIA-Security and the study material is on JUNOS Genius. I'm currently prepping for my JNCIP-ENT (Juniper version of the CCNP). Hopefully pass that next month, score a 10k bonus from work for it, and then study for the remainder of the year for the JNCIE-ENT.

Sonics aren't bad overall, I guess since I'm an ISP Network Engineer, I tend to work with those over the smaller Enterprise Firewalls and will make random jokes about em (We do use those Dell Sonics for our Managed Services items we offer our Enterprise customers.)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Ouch interpersonal stuff has become much more difficult now that everyone is working from home. How people read text can be very different from how they interact in person. I hope you get it worked out.
    Yeah it was an issue even prior to 2020, I was just always acutely aware of it from in 2019 she sort of challenged me on it, and since then I have been reserved with typing out the dots to her. Thanks though, in any case I got my investigations done and provided the missing files and whatnot, so the problem subsided. It was mostly built up in my head but there's the potential for a minor complaint which would result a slap on the wrist.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I spent years working towards zero trust (before I knew it was even a thing called it...)

My new CEO wants the removal of internal firewalls, thinks that the internet facing one should suffice and state that firewalls are in her experience tend to be the source of more issues than they are worth. She also wants to cancel our endpoint protection on clients, thinks I'm an idiot for having implemented such solutions, the fact that I find it necessary to have internal e-mails scanned for security threats makes me an idiot and is a colossal waste of time. Expect to find my current employer in the "Guess who got hacked now" thread soon, hopefully after I found a new job though.

fml.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I spent years working towards zero trust (before I knew it was even a thing called it...)

My new CEO wants the removal of internal firewalls, thinks that the internet facing one should suffice and state that firewalls are in her experience tend to be the source of more issues than they are worth. She also wants to cancel our endpoint protection on clients, thinks I'm an idiot for having implemented such solutions, the fact that I find it necessary to have internal e-mails scanned for security threats makes me an idiot and is a colossal waste of time. Expect to find my current employer in the "Guess who got hacked now" thread soon, hopefully after I found a new job though.

fml.
    If I told this to our InfoSec team they'd be in tears from laughter or crying at how stupid that is.

Seriously, why the hell do companies skimp on security?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    If I told this to our InfoSec team they'd be in tears from laughter or crying at how stupid that is.

Seriously, why the hell do companies skimp on security?
    Damned if I know :/
    We have a state agency, not entirely sure what the US equivalent would be, not quite DHS, that made a series of recommendations for private companies, firewalls and segmented networks and endpoint protection are high on that list.
    I point this out, and the best practice and so on, the response "Well, they're recommendations, not requirements. End of discussion".

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Damned if I know :/
    We have a state agency, not entirely sure what the US equivalent would be, not quite DHS, that made a series of recommendations for private companies, firewalls and segmented networks and endpoint protection are high on that list.
    I point this out, and the best practice and so on, the response "Well, they're recommendations, not requirements. End of discussion".
    Well if they're looking for bad press for removing firewalls/etc. I'm sure they'll get it.

Though yeah I'm both glad/annoyed we have a security team. On one hand it helps with security, on the other getting firewall rules in place and justifying them can be a real pain. That and their phish testing emails are just as bad as the Diversity and Inclusion/Company News bullshit I get that fills my inbox that doesn't impact my job at all.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Our company does phishing email tests monthly. The fact that the phishing flag rate never gets above 30% compliance companywide (75k+ employees) makes me laugh at the thought of removing any sort of security.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I know I should have, but I never dared do pentests targeting employees, the backlash would see me having my ass handed to me a lot sooner than this.

Now that's happening anyway, but at least I did what I could and then some! Head high and all that, I did at one point manage to get EMS E5 on the clientside (which is a lot more cooperative than Trend...), was still working on implementing it properly when the new CEO showed up.
    I would have enjoyed having a team. 1 person with 200+ users and 250+ client computers, not to mention the infrastructure. But, maybe I'll soon get some of my life back instead :D

I have not enjoyed 250-300 hour months more often than not for close to 8 years while getting complained at constantly.

BG Level

People don’t care about security

Took us a,most 2 weeks to convince a client to update his exchange due to last 0 days

Guess what he got breached between when we asked him to patch and when he accepted

And now it’s our fault according to him

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag