Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Slightly NSFW (horror)

http://www.firedaemon.com/downloadproduct

This 404 page scared me a little hahahaha

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I have talked to two different guys in Ireland one guy in Equador, one guy in Bolivia? and one person in India in all my times calling Google support.

BTW for anyone who uses google spam filtering do you know if there is a place to submit feature requests? Something that came up yesterday is that there is no admin console for the message center where I can see all blocked and all delivered messages for all accounts. Also there is no way to bulk resend emails so if emails get stuck in the message center for whatever reason you have to log into each account separately and resend each email separately. I want some way to re-push out all emails within a certain time period. It would be a very helpful feature.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I brought an Amazon Fire Phone (32gb) ... I'm sorry. Despite everyone and everything calling it a failure because of it's neutered access to Google Play...

It's a backup device for family actually. There's an offer of £99 for it instead of £299 (ending Friday), so effectively saving £200 (or $350~). The 64gb one was £179 but I didn't wish to pay nearly double the price for more storage, as I won't be using it to watch videos or whatnot.

I got my phone and I'm very impressed.

1. It knows me already (it's as if someone went and fed my details into the phone)
    2. After a quick setup, I can access all my Amazon purchased apps with minimal difficulty
    3. The dynamic thing is pretty cool

It's more of a toy/backup device, but it feels really premium and sturdy.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Been waiting months for one of my co-workers to replace the two DCs in our office with 2012R2 (and coworkers in the other office to do the same). The guy in my office, I have no idea what he's actually working on in terms of projects, I know desktop support keeps him fairly busy, but still, I don't think he has a ton to do.

Anyway, because of other reasons/requirements, I went ahead and built a new RODC/WSUS downstream server on Friday using a spare desktop that we're shipping off to a remote office for three users. Total time required - two hours. I was also working on another server build-out at the same time.

Shit's hard, yo'.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just want to rant for a minute and this looks like a good place. Newegg, their listing errors, and customer service has really been failing lately. First the huge PNY 480gb + 8gb ram listing error they let run for over 7 hours before correcting it. This last week they promoted getting GTA V with Dirt: Rally on a slew of AMD cards. Promotion started on the 13th. A buddy and I had been eyeballing a number of cards. He pulled the trigger on a Sapphire Tri-X OC 290x for $300 after $20 rebate. For whatever reason, he did not get the games. I first contacted support because I was looking at another card and magically the cards that were offered the games now weren't. After 3 different reps I received 3 different answers. I was told that if/when GTA V was back in stock I would receive it with the purchase of a 290x. 2 hours later it was back in stock so I called in to do the order figuring I'd have better luck talking directly to a human. The girl was nice, but came back with "the funds for the promotion ran out" answer. No luck for me.

However, my buddy was lucky and because he ordered the night before, they did give him both games. We noticed later in the day the same gpu had went down to $290 before rebate! Iron Egg Guarantee incoming to get $30 back!!! NO NO NO. Newegg stated when he bought the card it was not under Iron Egg and they would not honor it. Like, are you shitting me?!

TLDR; Newegg customer service and advertising has been Comcast tier over the last month and it's really pissing me off.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

While on vacation, the agency director's new Note 4 decided to take a total shit on him. I got the call 2-3 glasses of wine in on a chef's tasting meal. Who knew responding to work emails and forwarding messages could be so difficult when borderline buzzed. At least they were able to resolve it with minimal help from me 3 time zones away.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Just want to rant for a minute and this looks like a good place. Newegg, their listing errors, and customer service has really been failing lately. First the huge PNY 480gb + 8gb ram listing error they let run for over 7 hours before correcting it. This last week they promoted getting GTA V with Dirt: Rally on a slew of AMD cards. Promotion started on the 13th. A buddy and I had been eyeballing a number of cards. He pulled the trigger on a Sapphire Tri-X OC 290x for $300 after $20 rebate. For whatever reason, he did not get the games. I first contacted support because I was looking at another card and magically the cards that were offered the games now weren't. After 3 different reps I received 3 different answers. I was told that if/when GTA V was back in stock I would receive it with the purchase of a 290x. 2 hours later it was back in stock so I called in to do the order figuring I'd have better luck talking directly to a human. The girl was nice, but came back with "the funds for the promotion ran out" answer. No luck for me.

However, my buddy was lucky and because he ordered the night before, they did give him both games. We noticed later in the day the same gpu had went down to $290 before rebate! Iron Egg Guarantee incoming to get $30 back!!! NO NO NO. Newegg stated when he bought the card it was not under Iron Egg and they would not honor it. Like, are you shitting me?!

TLDR; Newegg customer service and advertising has been Comcast tier over the last month and it's really pissing me off.
    I don't understand why you expected to have your cake and eat it. You either get the games with the gpu due to getting it before the cutoff, or you get the discount due to getting it after the cutoff. This wasn't a problem with newegg, beyond actually needing to call in to get the games.

Spoiler: show
    The whole 'honor' word selection reminds me of dealing with retail customers: complaining about not honoring a return policy that they made up in their mind instead of the listed one that says 30 days or all sales or final.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I don't understand why you expected to have your cake and eat it. You either get the games with the gpu due to getting it before the cutoff, or you get the discount due to getting it after the cutoff. This wasn't a problem with newegg, beyond actually needing to call in to get the games.

Spoiler: show
    The whole 'honor' word selection reminds me of dealing with retail customers: complaining about not honoring a return policy that they made up in their mind instead of the listed one that says 30 days or all sales or final.
    This absolutely was a problem with Newegg and many others faced it. And you absolutely get both the games and discount. That's par for the course and I've actually used it before. They listed a promotion without terms, pulled it only on certain 290(x), chat said it was good for all 290(x), multiple times contradicted themselves, and made my friend jump through hoops to get what was advertised. By no means were we trying to get one up or something for free. We only were trying to get what was offered. Also, to claim the item wasn't Iron Egg at the time of his purchase, but is now and they won't honor the $30 is terrible. If this was a company with top notch customer service (Amazon) they would honor it. Same with the PNY SSD error. You don't advertise something for 7+ hours, have chat state it just hasn't updated yet, clarify that at a specific time the offer will be up, and then claim it's a pricing error and not honor it. That's bottom tier.

And your spoiler example is irrelevant to my post.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's why it's a spoiler. It's simply what that type of wording reminded me of.

Also, to claim the item wasn't Iron Egg at the time of his purchase, but is now and they won't honor the $30 is terrible.
    Are you claiming it was an Iron Egg at the time of purchase? Because that's not what I'm reading from your posts, which is why I replied as such.

I spent a lot of time building one of our school sites at my old job. The SCCM 2012 server i built from the ground up, as well as the remote servers were a thing of pure bliss (Not making them, i wanted to kick puppies). We had system in place where the techs were able to work with 30,000 nodes with 3 techs (That was mainly because of hardware issues). It was so streamlined that all a tech had to do 99% of the time, was network boot and walk away. Shit, i had the system on a 3 month rotate that would re-image computers without anyone touching anything. I haven't heard anything for two Years* (Had hours for some reason there..)from that site (Been gone from the company for 6+ months). I get the call today that everything is broken and they don't know why. I remote in just to take a look....

It was like painting the perfect picture, and then someone came in and took a shit all over it. Software pushes were all over the place, nothing in order, the WSUS section destroyed, and software that is LIC for 20 nodes is being pushed out to 5,000.....

Old Super that i hated: How much would it cost to have you come in and fix these issues our techs after having (Note that they are no longer going through the same tech company that employed me)

Me: 5k to walk in the door, 300 an hour after.

Old super that i hated: Thats outragous

Me: So is what your shit techs did to my work, i'm not touching that headache without getting paid.

I'm waiting for a reply lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Are you claiming it was an Iron Egg at the time of purchase? Because that's not what I'm reading from your posts, which is why I replied as such.
    That I don't know. As much as I hate assuming, on this one I have to on the basis it is now and it's an item that typically is an Iron Egg. So in actuality, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. It's only my opinion, but this is a case where the benefit of the doubt should go to the customer. I'll say though, I have high expectations for customer service and it really grinds my gears when people get treated like crap or where it's obvious the CSR isn't trying, only using automated/scripted responses, being blatantly rude, or all of the above.

As an example of great service, I just received some world class service from Jockey. Ordered two 3 packs of boxers for a total of $12. Tried the first one and it didn't fit right. Contacted them to see about doing an exchange for the unopened 3 pack. They asked what I would prefer. I tried to find the best comparable product for price and asked for them to specify if I should return the 5 pairs I hadn't worn or if I should return the unopened pack and get one 3 pack in exchange. The closest product was $21 per 3 pack. They replied stating they were sending out replacements (so $42 worth of product) and "Also, there is no need to return the items you currently have back to us. You can go ahead and donate them to charity." Now that's top notch service!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I spent a lot of time building one of our school sites at my old job. The SCCM 2012 server i built from the ground up, as well as the remote servers were a thing of pure bliss (Not making them, i wanted to kick puppies). We had system in place where the techs were able to work with 30,000 nodes with 3 techs (That was mainly because of hardware issues). It was so streamlined that all a tech had to do 99% of the time, was network boot and walk away. Shit, i had the system on a 3 month rotate that would re-image computers without anyone touching anything. I haven't heard anything for two Years* (Had hours for some reason there..)from that site (Been gone from the company for 6+ months). I get the call today that everything is broken and they don't know why. I remote in just to take a look....

It was like painting the perfect picture, and then someone came in and took a shit all over it. Software pushes were all over the place, nothing in order, the WSUS section destroyed, and software that is LIC for 20 nodes is being pushed out to 5,000.....

Old Super that i hated: How much would it cost to have you come in and fix these issues our techs after having (Note that they are no longer going through the same tech company that employed me)

Me: So is what your shit techs did to my work, i'm not touching that headache without getting paid.

Lol, that is awesome! Hoping they spend the cash for you to fix it, but it sounds like it's pretty important to them so I guess they've already moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Lol, that is awesome! Hoping they spend the cash for you to fix it, but it sounds like it's pretty important to them so I guess they've already moved on.
    I know they are shopping around. The two main IT companies that do that kind of thing have told me they have been called in for a quote (Drinking buddies). Funny thing is, only one of them deals with SCCM related systems, and i'm the guy they call in to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post

This fail has turned into a win. Looks like they are going to pay my rate..... now the question is.... how long do i take to fix it....

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ok i'll try to post this the best I can.

3 clients having their Internet speed pass from 60MB to 200MB today, and a tech is schedule to pass because their modem is too old. As of that NP

This morning at 6 AM I get woke up by my phone and our server that shows me 90 email of down services + hosts at my 3 clients. That makes me rage.

Call the ISP to tell me that the business office is close till 8h00 AM, ask the guy (is it possible that you guys sent the new speed too early?) the answer is yes the speed was sent at midnight. : GREAT so my 3 clients got 200MB but the modem can'T deal with it (Techs are schedule to pass between 7h30AM and 5PM).

Call my clients to tell them (of course they are pissed)

Fast forward to 8 AM, call the ISP and the customer service in the business departement. Telling me they are not sure if they can fix the problem without having to wait for the tech (more rage building.

Still on the phone at 8h45 they were able to put back 2 of the 3 client online (yay?), the 3rd one they cannot because the tech is near site (ok np)
    Client call me and tech is there.

9h00AM Client call me saying tech left but they have no internet. I ping the ISP gateway, no answer, call the ISP back
    After 30min on the phone they said the tech is still on site trying to fix the drop (but the truck left ISP argue that the truck cannot leave, and we send them a video proof.) ISP says the video is not a proof and they called the tech and he said he's tsill on site (FUCK MAN)

10h30AM Internet still not working, call back ISP another 30min on hold, telling me tech finished the drop and is otw back to the client because the problem now is the router they had with the modem (an old cisco SOHO800).
    11h15 Client calls me, tech is back on site.
    11h45 Client calls me again internet is now working (YAY?)

So in resume 3 clients have their internet upgrade today. 1 is down from midnight to almost noon, but now have his 200mb speed. The other 2 are up but tech still didn't went there yet.

What a waste of a morning

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A user's USB stuck didn't work for some reason (not recognised)

My second line team couldn't fix it, asked me to look at it. I said it was probably fucked, but the service manager wanted me to check anyway (not understanding that it usually spells doom for the stick).

I plugged it in. Nope.

Pulled it back out. Annoyed at my lack of options and the hopelessness of it, I gave the stick a quick blow (like you would on a NES/SNES/GB cartridge) and plugged it back in.

"installing new device"

fuck fuck fuck fuck lolololololol

I took the 20mb of docs stored on there right away, took it back out, returned it said "it worked randomly but intermittently, i placed the files in a zip on the share with a password. please direct the user to it and reissue a stick. do not use" (just in case). I'm not giving the no name 4gb stick any second chances haha.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I gave the stick a quick blow (like you would on a NES/SNES/GB cartridge) and plugged it back in.

"installing new device"

fuck fuck fuck fuck lolololololol
    Man saves user by blowing his stick! loool

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Considering that blowing over the contacts usually hurts more than it helps (myth busted, the breath moisture can speed up contact corrosion ), lucky coincidence ^^

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Sitting here trying to trouble shoot an issue with mail duplication. Can't find any evidence. Spent a lot of time on the phone with technical support from the company that makes our mail client. Realize the mail duplication is happening on the client side somehow. email issues really bite.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Considering that blowing over the contacts usually hurts more than it helps (myth busted, the breath moisture can speed up contact corrosion ), lucky coincidence ^^
    Aye I agree it's just a coincidence, as I knew full well blowing does nothing. But the old school retro reaction to busted hardware/tech worked haha, I just found it funny. I'm gonna sarcastically ask the 1st and 2nd line teams if they've tried blowing on stuff (yes, even a laptop) before passing me the ticket [-o<

Sitting here trying to trouble shoot an issue with mail duplication. Can't find any evidence. Spent a lot of time on the phone with technical support from the company that makes our mail client. Realize the mail duplication is happening on the client side somehow. email issues really bite.
    Just incase, but your mail client doesn't have more than 1 server does it? I spent ages on a Lotus Notes related issue where the mail file which holds mail was being replicated across our servers when it arrived, but intermittently. Took me 8 odd months to figure it out with IBM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag