Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

edit :fixed

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So what is people opinion on using Teamviewer has a main source of support for PC and Laptops?

I work in an office and we have some people with laptops and sometimes I work from home.

Teamviewer lets me connect to them anywhere without needed VPN, but what<s people opinion on it?

Or what software do you guys use for support?
    I use the cisco webex productivity tools. Works really well, sends a link to an email and lets you remote in, share files etc, but requires intervention (and someone capable) of installing the little addon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    doing A* search manually for homeworks

please. please dear lord. someone fucking kill me
    oh the poor innocent me of the past. we just had to do a monte carlo tree search by hand, a* is fucking child's play

I get why they make us do it by hand once before we start using computers but omgggggggggg

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

"This Excel is too big for us to upload through the app. Can you please manually do it?"

*Notices the Excel doesn't follow the correct format of the provided themplate snd contains more colums than what was in the template*

I'm going to cry tears of joy when this dumbass is gone. I'm getting sick of modifying and running a script I made over a year ago because this guy is too lazy to format the Excel prior to dumping data or even trying before he sends this shit to development "because it's not working!"

Also on an unrelated note, any good resources for front end web development? It's became apparent we need someone with front end experience and was thinking I'd give it a shot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Any chance you could just give him the script you made and have him run it? Probably just a macro right?

Or would that lead to a bunch more problems that amount to incompetence?

BG Level

It's a LINQPad Script that generates a SQL file I then have the database team run. So yeah I think it's way over his head.

On the plus side he'll be gone soon. That and I'm rewritting this shitty web app's data upload function (whole site if I'm lucky).

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Tuesday

I ask the controller permission to order Toners, is answer is yes NP but buy from CIE #1, tell him I prefer cie #2 their refurbished are much better. He agrees, even sent him an email to confirm
    Today inform him that we received toners from #2. He sends an email to me and the CEO saying he's not happy he wants CIE#1 as they are locally and usually have good stuff.

Checks the location of CIE #1, Quebec city, CIE #2 Montreal. I wonder which is more locally.

Sent an email to the CEO asking for a private meeting, I need to ask my independance

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So tired of seeing these job resume from people with no experience and their only formation is from a javascript bootcamp applying to a full-stack developer job.

BG Level

So going back to my Excel rant I finally cleaned up the data and tried uploading it through the web application they're supposed to use and whoever wrote this needs a boot up their ass.

All the code does is parse the data and returns an array of the entities. It doesn't do any validation until after you attempt to insert all the records into the database.
    If there is any validation it doesn't say which row(s) are bad and gives vague messages half the time as to why it's bad ("Please insert a valid Phone Number")
    This doesn't take large batches into consideration. I tried to upload the file which had a little over 620 rows and it failed. No messages on a timeout or anything. It just sat there doing nothing.

I think I'm going to tell my boss I'm rewriting this regardless. Trying to go through all this spaghetti javascript just to fix all that since it uses so many libraries you need to have prior knowledge of (Breeze, Bootstrap, Knockout, JQuery, and a few others) would take about as much time as me and another developer creating a new Angular site from scratch and API.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Who the fuck send bug reports as PowerPoint documents.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Who the fuck send bug reports as PowerPoint documents.
    ....what the actual hell?

I remember back in the day seeing tickets submitted with word docs, that have nothing but a screenshot in it. Never got a powerpoint, that would have been a new one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

I just wanted to reply to Ragns with "the same folks that send error message screenshots inside a word document", but you beat me to it

BG Level

So that app I wrote about I got an okay on to rewrite for teaining/a base. So yay to that.

Also I do get error screenshots in Word files, which sucks when it's compressed/read text. The worst type of error report though? People that screencap an error on a website and don't include the URL.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

spend forever trying to figure out how to correctly cite a number of different articles in bibtex

realize halfway through (better late than never?) that you can just click a link on google scholar to do it for you

not sure if fail because stupid or win because OH THANK GOD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Corr, there's a type of error report that's (IMHO) even worse: mail with a screenshot, but not just of the error or its surroundings but of the whole screen (ideally dual-monitor setup, yay), that outlook compresses so much that you can't read anything even when zooming in. Happy guessing what that screenshot was meant to show...

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Corr, there's a type of error report that's (IMHO) even worse: mail with a screenshot, but not just of the error or its surroundings but of the whole screen (ideally dual-monitor setup, yay), that outlook compresses so much that you can't read anything even when zooming in. Happy guessing what that screenshot was meant to show...
    Thankfully other than IT (who damn well better know what cropping is...) I don't think business employees dual monitor.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Depends Some of our customers do, mostly because they have to coordinate their "on the road" workers and want their calendar to be always visible on a second screen. Or they work with CAD plans, or are just window messies... many reasons for multi-monitor ^^

BG Level

Fair point I suppose. Though yeah I never go up to the business unless it's urgent so I'm not sure what they're using.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Can't find a solution to this urgh

We have UAC turned off (because some stupid third party app will always pop up UAC when trying to run it)

So now i need to modify from printers on a user computer, but since that user doesn't have admin rights I need a run as, but in control panel you can't right click run as for stuff like Devices and Printers.

How can i use run ass for Devices and printers?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag