BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Asus blames AMD for their own design flaw on the 5700 XT. Hilarious.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Was browsing reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/legaladvice...ged_it_in_now/

leading to ...

https://usbkill.com/

The hell, is this real?? It seems easy to get hold of, why haven't I encountered it before?

<mostly sarcasm>
    Can I take out a bus/train with this? The ones with USB charging sockets.
    Not for harm, just so I can be late for work. Naturally won't go near an airplane lol
    </mostly sarcasm>

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So wait, it's a USB drive that can fuck up a machine if you plug into it?

Damn I think I found the biggest fuck you I'm giving to my boss if he denies me the promotion I was promised because I told off my coworker they can't keep expecting me to help them all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Was browsing reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/legaladvice...ged_it_in_now/

leading to ...

https://usbkill.com/

The hell, is this real?? It seems easy to get hold of, why haven't I encountered it before?

<mostly sarcasm>
    Can I take out a bus/train with this? The ones with USB charging sockets.
    Not for harm, just so I can be late for work. Naturally won't go near an airplane lol
    </mostly sarcasm>
    Because you can just as easily break it in other ways. Either way, you are damaging someone's stuff and will be held accountable.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Not as bad as The Verge, but shit Amazon be better.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Oh shit that's new? I saw the thumbnail going through my recommendations today and thought it was the same PC

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Latency issues with my freshly built with older parts couch PC. Severe audio stutter under load. Le sigh.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I wanted to expand on my issue above. Between last night and today I've spent around four hours trying to figure the latency issue. I've formatted and installed W10 fresh, updated drivers, changed power settings, etc etc etc. Nothing has worked. This is the first time I've come across this problem. Scoured at least 30 threads from various tech and windows forums with this issue but no concrete fix. I've read from a few different places the motherboard is NOT the issue. That it's drivers. But I'm really wondering if it's this old Dell OEM board I'm using. I'm going to swap the cpu/mb with another similar Dell mATX LGA 1155 board and see what happens.

Oh, yeah the issue. So Latencymon is showing the main triggers were usbport.sys and ndis.sys being the culprits. I updated the MB BIOS to the absolute most recent and after that only ndis.sys was triggering the huge latency spikes in Latencymon. Sound in youtube, a movie, anything similar is fine. But any load like Heaven or a game (tried Steam and Uplay) and the sound will cut out on average every three to five seconds. It makes playing a game not possible. I do have another GPU I can test too if need be.

edit: Before changing the MB I decided to run it on my test monitor and speakers upstairs. Zero issues. Ran Heaven twice without any sound hiccups. Latencymon is fine. So I would have to assume it has to do with the setup downstairs. Maybe where the PC is at? Too close to the soundbar/sub? I did try a second HDMI cable and that didn't change anything. Man this is so weird.

edit #2! Friend came over with his PC which is known to be working perfectly. Put the PC in the same physical spot as my problem PC, same hdmi, same cables. No issues. Won't get to bringing my PC back downstairs until tomorrow. Really hoping it magically fixed itself.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Random fail: Microsoft letting "everyone" use Teams for free as their infrastructure are crumbling under the load.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Random fail: Microsoft letting "everyone" use Teams for free as their infrastructure are crumbling under the load.

slack and zoom few

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    slack and zoom few
    sensitive information in the core systems, GDPR (DPIA) requirements, risk assessments and so on. Not to mention having to get all the external contacts onto other platforms after said risk assessments

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Internet infrastructure in general is getting really bad. Everyone is stuck at home streaming shit all day long and trying to telecommute is insane. Disney+ is having issues along with other streaming services. I am surprised zoom has been pretty solid so far. I am trying to homeschool my kids and work from home on a satellite internet connection. Shit is agonizingly slow. This whole thing is really highlighting how unprepared this country is infrastructure wise and healthcare system wise to deal with a situation like this.

I've had zero issues with comcast in MI. I have two people teleworking in my home while streaming, and I've done 3 video meetings today. I haven't even seen an error in my logs or been disconnected from my VPN.

That said, Satellite is.... special.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

no issues here in shitconsin with my service, still getting my 220 down 20 up and haven't had even a hint of an issue.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Comcrap in Western PA hasn't had any impact for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Notably slower down for me than normal, but I don't really need it so whocares.jpg

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My buddy whom I built a PC for awhile back said he was having issues with "screen going black and then making a loud noise" when gaming. Brought the PC over. Soon as I powered it on it make a horrible clank/grind noise. I've heard this one other time, from my very first desktop PC I bought, a HP pre-built. Crystal Disk verified that one of the drives was crapping out. It was the Seagate 1TB I used when I built the PC back in 2014. Basically made it 5 1/2 years roughly. Power on hours was actually low for that old of a drive. I bought/used that drive before understanding a bit more about potential drive quality issue and the BackBlaze tests.

After removing the drive we gamed on it for around three hours. At the end he had another black screen, but no noises. I'm wondering if after that period of time the blower style R9 290 had enough.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Today I received in the mail an XFX R9 390 I bought off /r/hardwareswap. Installed and everything seemed fine. Fired up Heaven to run a bench and was literally shocked by how loud the coil whine is. Like, I've never heard anything like this before. I put new paste on it because why not and fired it up to the same thing. I'm talking it's like, appalling bad. So I ask our Lord & Savoir Google about it and come across an old Jay Z 2 Cents video about coil whine. Turn on v-sync he says. I first try in AMD's global setting while heaven is running but that didn't do anything. Fire up Far Cry 3 and as soon as the card is under load it's LOUD. Turn on V-Sync in game and it turned dead fucking silent.

TLDR: Today I learned V-Sync can possibly (and did) fix extreme coil whine.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personally only ever experienced coil whine when the GPU is able to go absolute ham on something and pump 300+ fps. I would hate to get that on a modern card if it occurred in the sub-200 range, but there options on the nVidia side at least to enforce an fps limit on a per-game basis.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So i need to find a way to install SFB 2019 volume and o365 on the same PC here are my Config for ODT

O365 : https://pastebin.com/mnyxV7vx
    SFB2019 : https://pastebin.com/52k8hZPN

So to make sure i put them into different folders and for each i did the /download then the /configure

I can install one of them NP, but not both

Is there ANYWAY i can do this?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag