+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ugh yeah, a printtech warned me about that a few years ago, for some reasons print solutions have a bad habit of randomly hating on named solutions. What you want is a priority sequence with IP first and named as a fallback incase of IP changes if your system supports it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nothing like getting paged in the afternoon for a ticket that someone already has, was instructed how to resolve it, and by the time you investigate nothing was done about it yet. Not only that but this was the 3rd critical issue this morning and I was involved in all of them in some way or form.

I swear if this pandemic doesn't explode again by late September/early October I'm going to cash in all my PTO and take a hell of a long roadtrip.

If you are like me, sometimes you get into the mindset to just fix shit because you are better at this shit than a lot of the staff. The problem that comes with this is people will just act like something is too hard to figure out, escalate the ticket, knowing you can figure it out/fix it quicker than they can.

I myself let this shit go on too long and had to shut it down. Started having to send tickets back with notes on how the lower-tech could fix it and how simple it was to figure out. I call it the "Shame send back" and I do it until they stop that shit.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    If you are like me, sometimes you get into the mindset to just fix shit because you are better at this shit than a lot of the staff. The problem that comes with this is people will just act like something is too hard to figure out, escalate the ticket, knowing you can figure it out/fix it quicker than they can.

I myself let this shit go on too long and had to shut it down. Started having to send tickets back with notes on how the lower-tech could fix it and how simple it was to figure out. I call it the "Shame send back" and I do it until they stop that shit.
    each time someone ask a stupid question I answer with the Let me google that for you link

I forgot about that link, always a good time. Sadly, I'm not in the type of environment where we can do that shit. I'm still passive-aggressive about it, but I have to use corpo speech.

On a side note, I always hate having to open tickets with Microsoft. I always have that fear that it is going to be something dumb that i missed and I feel like a dumbass for putting in the ticket. It has never happened, but I always fear it. I'm now working with their tier 4 engineers on the issue. Always feels good when the issue is so fucking hard that the real techs have to start working with you. These guys are making me feel retarded with how good they are at this shit.

BG Level

Yeah it really feels like that some time. But so exhausting dealing with 3 emergencies in one day while I'm trying to get stuff tidied up for my install this week along with learning RegEx

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I forgot about that link, always a good time. Sadly, I'm not in the type of environment where we can do that shit. I'm still passive-aggressive about it, but I have to use corpo speech.

On a side note, I always hate having to open tickets with Microsoft. I always have that fear that it is going to be something dumb that i missed and I feel like a dumbass for putting in the ticket. It has never happened, but I always fear it. I'm now working with their tier 4 engineers on the issue. Always feels good when the issue is so fucking hard that the real techs have to start working with you. These guys are making me feel retarded with how good they are at this shit.
    I could not agree more! Personally I always thought of this as a good way to keep in touch with how my user base feels when dealing with me :D
    (not to mention, it is nice to be able to justify, at least to myself, the costs of the more expensive support agreements!)

BG Level

RANT, getting Cert for Azure and that stuff

Work in an MSP been here for 3 years. Got this big client who is all about azure, so im saying cool that will help me perform my skills?

Nope they assign me Backup failure tickets and maintenance validation, while they give azure tickets to new employees who at the end ends up on my list because they cannot do it, then the bosses bitches at me cuz I have lots of late cases

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fuck Microsoft's Always On VPN. Every day it's a new issue. County IT is the one who manages it, but I'm the one who gets yelled at and here's all the sob stories when it breaks, which seems to be every few days.

BG Level

A bit unrelated but I'm drawing a blank. Does anyone know of a good JQuery validator library? I've been trying to find one that will validate the form and filter keypresses for fields to prevent certain characters.

BG Level

time to fail the MS-100 again

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Nonsense, you can do it!

BG Level

im really bad in theory exams lol

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I went in blind last week, the stuff I have worked with I got 85+ in, but I completely fubared the workloads and applications section, so I was a few points short of the glorious 700 :/
    But, at least I got payoff for the SC300 exam I rocked a few weeks ago!
    The MS-100 had a lot of "Um, I never even thought about this problem before"-questions, that would never be an issue in a real situation, but you got this shit!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I went in blind last week, the stuff I have worked with I got 85+ in, but I completely fubared the workloads and applications section, so I was a few points short of the glorious 700 :/
    But, at least I got payoff for the SC300 exam I rocked a few weeks ago!
    The MS-100 had a lot of "Um, I never even thought about this problem before"-questions, that would never be an issue in a real situation, but you got this shit!
    The problem with MS-100 is that its a semi useless exam

I don't care to know what service is in E5 licence because in a few months the licensing will change

we got surprise when we saw that Business Premium had Intune and Defender, I think its new

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, I only ever worked with the Enterprise/Academic 1-3-5 versions, so I had some headscratching there as well.
    Some of the Identity Protection stuff on the 5 level is pretty sweet though, hooking conditional access up to identity risk is relatively nommy

BG Level

Ffs 686/700

O fuck, i would rather bomb than get that close.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

yeah, I got 660 first go :/

But we'll get them next time!

the MS-100 is huge in how many different fields it contains, so while none of it is -difficult- in its complexity, it is so much to try to remember.

We are about two years out from our 5-year security evaluation. Last time we scored in the top 95%, so I'm not too worried about it. That said, they are starting to send out info on any and all security changes and scorecard changes which has our director going into security mode. This really just means them sending me any and everything security-related they see in the news. I love seeing emails every Monday about security issues that are two months old that are just hitting mainstream media attention... that i fixed a long time ago.

I guess the real fail is having to update all our security standards documentation. The amount of writing this shit is boring as FUCK. The real annoying part is knowing no one is really going to read it, they just want to see changes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag