+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I have an offsite copier I've been trying to get to scan to a network share for a while now. It's failing to scan due to DNS. Confirmed the settings on another copier using our agencies DNS settings and it works fine. The problem I have is I want to change the damn settings, but another agency that shares building space, who our program allows them to use the copier for free decided they are more important and locked the dns settings and throwing a hissy fit over me changing it.

Add a network share for both sides and add the entry into your dns? That way you control it, but they can still use it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Add a network share for both sides and add the entry into your dns? That way you control it, but they can still use it.
    I'm thinking it now may be some switch fuckery going on in there. I pointed it to our DNS, updated the dns name (we were listed as the third dns option, so I just swapped the primary with third) and all of a sudden, their one network scan wouldn't work, and ours still wouldn't work. Sometimes even computers on our domain at this location, we still have to use the fully qualified domain name due to dns issues under the hood behind the switch. And it's 100% a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. The switch my program uses is still configured for another onsite program that shares a building. I'm at the point now where I'm about to push for a new switch to be installed, 100% configured for our DNS, domain, etc, and get all our crap migrated off of that other agencies switch and be done with it.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I'm thinking it now may be some switch fuckery going on in there. I pointed it to our DNS, updated the dns name (we were listed as the third dns option, so I just swapped the primary with third) and all of a sudden, their one network scan wouldn't work, and ours still wouldn't work. Sometimes even computers on our domain at this location, we still have to use the fully qualified domain name due to dns issues under the hood behind the switch. And it's 100% a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. The switch my program uses is still configured for another onsite program that shares a building. I'm at the point now where I'm about to push for a new switch to be installed, 100% configured for our DNS, domain, etc, and get all our crap migrated off of that other agencies switch and be done with it.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to your problem, but when we went secure print a few years back, we were advised to stick to using the numerical (static) IP addresses of MFPs (and on the MFPs, to the server(s) they would be connecting to, since when it came to the MFPs using name resolution would lead to all kinds of weird bugs that no one really knew what caused since they were random and would pop up and down and all over the places.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I'm not sure if this is relevant to your problem, but when we went secure print a few years back, we were advised to stick to using the numerical (static) IP addresses of MFPs (and on the MFPs, to the server(s) they would be connecting to, since when it came to the MFPs using name resolution would lead to all kinds of weird bugs that no one really knew what caused since they were random and would pop up and down and all over the places.
    Yeah i have an HP MFP something if i configure the PC with DNS name it doesn<t work but with IP adress it work, but i can browse the MFP fine with DNS name :O

BG Level

It is, but only because people put up with it. During the last recession, i understood because I was the same way. I remember applying for jobs vs people with 20 years exp and willing to take 50k a year. Things have changed, and the time is hot to move on if you are not enjoying your current work. If you even have basic VMware/Virtual | Server | San understanding, you can get a job paying 80k+ easy.

I've had 4 other jobs before my current one. Normally left because of the reason listed by you and Ratatapa, or the pay wasn't going to go up much because it was a small company (My 1st job was just about putting in my time during school). Almost every job i left i still keep up with co-workers and almost all of them have said that things got better "Treatment wise" after i left. Mainly because you make yourself needed, and they see how good they had it. The last job i had, I was asked to come back with double the pay because no one could get the system working the same way (SCCM was my baby, it had almost 10k nodes on autopilot. I had each site doing bi-monthly image cycles on the weekend so each computer was refreshed every so often. The place ran like a well-oiled machine.) I took a consulting contract with them instead for a 6 month period because i enjoyed my current job too much (And i made them pay for doing little to nothing).

Time to move on brother.

Sent a Resume last, week
    Same day got a call for an interview
    Called a for a 2nd interview yesterday (exam)

Got offered the job yesterday
    10k Yearly Increase
    3 weeks vacations
    1 week out of 6 on Cell Rotation (they pay 75$ for that week (extra on pay) + w/e over hours you do during that week)

Waiting for the official letter to give my resignation letter

You are the fucking man. Grats brother.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Sent a Resume last, week
    Same day got a call for an interview
    Called a for a 2nd interview yesterday (exam)

Got offered the job yesterday
    10k Yearly Increase
    3 weeks vacations
    1 week out of 6 on Cell Rotation (they pay 75$ for that week (extra on pay) + w/e over hours you do during that week)

Waiting for the official letter to give my resignation letter

Grats :D

More fail on my end:

Work on a massive projects for months (Transitioning to hybrid with Microsoft 365, (EMS, the works)), consultant from our hard- and software supplier calls me up "Dude, I gave you the wrong prices back then, the right price is (2.5x more). At this point, we have already spent significant funds on preparing our own infrastructure, setting up new backup solutions, consulting hours with security providers etc.

FML, that is so far beyond budget breaking the entire project is dead in the water. My bosses will kill me, my big massive prestige project I have spent months "selling" to the rest of management. Spend the entire day frantically trying to sort out how to salvage at least parts of it.

Start calling around, checking for alternative product prices etc. do a pitstop by Microsoft to ask about individual EMS components.

Microsoft asks why i don't just pick the academic EMS E5 when I want all those parts anyway on academic licenses, tell him our supplier told us there was no academic package option on EMS E5. MS dude doesn't understand what I am on about, checks his database, tells me of course there is, 1/6th of the price for regular retail, not a problem at all, they'll contact a partner in Norway and have this sorted out for us over the next few days.

Kudos to MS for taking charge, taking it seriously and sorting it out, but holy shit I spent most of the day pretty frantically trying to salvage this, only to learn my regular supplier messed up not just the one first time months ago, but today in the big way! *nerdrage*

BG Level

well technicly the 10k increase is more of a 5k since the government eats all

BG Level

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

But you have free healthcare, weed is now legal, and Drake will soon be your High Priest or w/e they call it in Northern United States.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

But you have free healthcare, weed is now legal, and Drake will soon be your High Priest or w/e they call it in Northern United States.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    That's Pope Drake to you sir !!!!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Anyone here have any experience with TLS? Since I'm at a loss here for trying to figure out the problem.

This week I had to upgrade 2 of our .NET web services to .NET 4.6.1 and change some endpoint URLs they call out to as the current URLs were being discontinued at the end of the month. The new URLs need to use TLS 1.1 or 1.2 as the network protocol. The first web service I upgraded went off without a hitch. Made the necessary changes , pushed to testing and was able to get a successful response back. However for the 2nd even though I did the same thing I keep getting a "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." Exception which I can't figure out. I know the endpoint URL is correct and there isn't a firewall rule in place that's blocking the destination IP/Port. Running locally I can also confirm the protocol is being sent over TLS 1.2 so I'm not sure what's going on in the testing environment. Could it be something with IIS? I know I had to get a system admin to upgrade to NET 4 earlier this week but wondering if there was more that had to be done.

BG Level

Anyone has experience with UEFI firmware update? Boss wants me to go install new hard drives at a customer and at the same time update the BIOS (if possible)

I found the server that customer have and it's a old Lenovo.

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com...5464/downloads

But it seems to have UEFI instead of BIOS, when I look at the download I get some extensions I have no idea what they are.

I know the client have a ESXI 6.X iirc. but I never updated a UEFI firmware before and I don't wanna break it for the customer

Thanks

It should be the same process.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    It should be the same process.
    You mean take the .uxz on a bootable usb and run it from there ?

In the readme.txt look under 2.0:

2.0 Installation and Setup Instructions

The procedure to update the UEFI is as follows:

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    In the readme.txt look under 2.0:
    I did read it, but I wasn't sure as for the 2.0 it ask which version of Vmware and then it says to do it from Windows, I did get a bit confused

So I guess I just do 2.0 part depending which Vmware I have, then from 1 of the windows guest I do 2.2. then just reboot?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag