+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you'd think adding an eclipse project to git would be simple. the directions looked simple. of course, I assumed the directions I found would line up with what actually happened in eclipse when I tried to do it

ha

ended up giving up; going to restart the project (I saved my code) and figure out what the fuck I'm doing wrong. I mean I could just do it the easy way and either add the core directory manually or simply use the command line but GOD DAMNIT THIS SHOULD WORK

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I burned eclipse to the ground. Swapped to Atom.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

worth the switch? I am not attached to eclipse at all.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    windows 10 is kinda weird about licenses. not quite the same thing, but i replaced the hard drive in my laptop, and in order to re-install i had to do a system backup on a flash drive (fortunately the old drive was still functional- barely), then boot from that. on the bright side, it was easier than doing partitions and shit. downside is it'll only work for that particular license.

there's gotta be a different way to do it for a business license though.
    Not sure it's the exact answer but I did what reddit told me

in CMD
    wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

and pasted the result in the activation screen

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    worth the switch? I am not attached to eclipse at all.

I think Atom is much more friendly personally, yes.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

long story short: Eclipse has pissed me off for the last time. it keeps telling me folders exist that don't and prevents me from using folders that do exist and oh god I just do not care anymore.

moving on. might try Atom at your recommendation.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

uploading an entire project to google drive because git won't cooperate with Unity lolllllllllllllll

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

my own fail:

I have about $25k worth of hardware I have no idea where is. We recently started deploying a SAM solution, and it's not lining up very well with our (my) records. I have several 256GB Surface Pro 4's here I have no idea where are from.
    (the worst part, I think at least one of them _might_ be mine, but I'm not sure.), not to mention several unaccounted for laptops. This shit is why one person should not be the sole responsible for a 200+ computer company with 20+ servers and 10+ locations. brain shorts out sometimes.
    Time to sift through purchasing records.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FYI, recently Cisco acknowledged a bug/exploit in Cisco ASA software that relates to WebVPN and the ability for a remote attacker to power-cycle the ASA and/or execute code. It's a pretty big deal ... if you're in charge of any Cisco ASA units that provide VPN access, check out this page:

https://tools.cisco.com/security/cen...-20180129-asa1

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Idiot Coworker Who I've Mentioned Previously: "Hey Corr can you unlock my CMS account? It got locked."

First off, that only happens when you enter the wrong credentials enough times. Second, how the hell do you manage to do something like that when you use the CMS every other day on average?

EDIT: Also they were ignoring monitor emails about one of our console applications failing to process something. Issue they've resolved before but without my boss to tell them to do something I suppose they think they can just ignore them...

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

doing A* search manually for homeworks

please. please dear lord. someone fucking kill me

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Had an interesting conversation with one of our pretty big client today.

They've got an HA pair of firewalls and are creating link aggregation groups from each firewall, but only putting one interface into the group. I had to explain to them why and how you use LAGs, and that if you are not actually bundling two physical ports into the link aggregation you are not gaining any of the benefits of why you would use link aggregation in the first place, might as well just configure one interface and put your sub-interfaces under that. Right now, they are creating an aggregate interface, but NOT actually aggregating interfaces.

Further to that, they were putting their WAN interface as a sub-interface on the link downstream to the core switch. Mind you now, there are like 12 copper ports and 12 fiber ports on these firewalls. But nope they didn't want to break out the WAN connection to a separate physical interface, just have everything all going into one interface both untrusted and trusted traffic.

I walked away baffled because I didn't expect such a horrible design from this client. Literally nonsensical design and wasting a VERY expensive firewall.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

We recently had to gather the "status quo" of the network of a new customer that switched to us because they were unhappy with the horrible response times (and morale) of their previous IT guys.
    Turns out those guys somehow managed to fail at almost everything...
    * AV license expired since mid-2016, management console installed on 2 servers with a completely broken setup (no web server to host the management site) on one of them
    * Backup was supposed to copy the backup data from a NAS to an external HDD and replicate their VMs to an offsite ESXi server. Both jobs were not present but we found traces that they were till mid-2017
    * servers were either set up to install updates automatically (with no WSUS in between) or weren't updated for 2+ years

Cleaning that mess up will probably take weeks... <.<

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

QA: When will your website be ready for testing?

Getting this every other day...

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not my company but whoever runs data center IT for BBT is having a bad 2+ days.

BG Level

Ok so We have a shared mailbox that is about 14GB in space
    We have a user that has her own email adress but has access to that shared mailbox. So Outlook automap it.

Now when the user tries to access that share mailbox in outlook, it keeps freezing outlook for 5-15seconds and then unfreeze but it happens SOOOO OFTEN that it<s counter productive.

3 other users have access to that shared mailbox.

I went into the user settings in outlook and try to check and uncheck the download shared folders, and in the account settings I have cached mode activated for all emails.

Anything else i need to check?

Thanks

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ok so We have a shared mailbox that is about 14GB in space
    We have a user that has her own email adress but has access to that shared mailbox. So Outlook automap it.

Now when the user tries to access that share mailbox in outlook, it keeps freezing outlook for 5-15seconds and then unfreeze but it happens SOOOO OFTEN that it<s counter productive.

3 other users have access to that shared mailbox.

I went into the user settings in outlook and try to check and uncheck the download shared folders, and in the account settings I have cached mode activated for all emails.

Anything else i need to check?

Thanks
    Have you set the "duration" for lack of a better word for how long it should keep the cache in the client? it defaults to 12 months unless you specify otherwise (at least in 2013/2016).

On my own end:
    Windows Server 2012 and newer default blocks wpad. #¤&"&% fortunately a clever consultant at one of our suppliers figured it out.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Have you set the "duration" for lack of a better word for how long it should keep the cache in the client? it defaults to 12 months unless you specify otherwise (at least in 2013/2016).

On my own end:
    Windows Server 2012 and newer default blocks wpad. #¤&"&% fortunately a clever consultant at one of our suppliers figured it out.
    yeha it<s set to all

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    yeha it<s set to all
    Any idea how many e mails are in there? not in space but in #s? I know Outlook can get buggy when it climbs above a certain #, they've raised it over the years, back in 2010 I think it was over 10k mails would be very likely to go a little bonkers, and 2007 was like 2k? (per folder though I think). I had to upgrade one of our clients from 2013 to 2016, she had 50k+ emails. Was stable after that though. Never got quite certain if it was because of the upgrade in itself or Outlooks capacity improved.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Any idea how many e mails are in there? not in space but in #s? I know Outlook can get buggy when it climbs above a certain #, they've raised it over the years, back in 2010 I think it was over 10k mails would be very likely to go a little bonkers, and 2007 was like 2k? (per folder though I think). I had to upgrade one of our clients from 2013 to 2016, she had 50k+ emails. Was stable after that though. Never got quite certain if it was because of the upgrade in itself or Outlooks capacity improved.
    I'll do more tests, but if not i'll put them all in an Inplace Archive

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag