+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Results 601 to 611 of 611
  1. #601
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,499
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Should clarify it won’t speak with older. Till we moved to office 365 we were on exchange 2007 which office 2016 wouldn’t even acknowledge.
    Ah, then I follow, thanks.

    In the early planning stages of moving us to Office 365/intune with the whole kaboodle. I have a team of techs that will help me with the Azure AD /AD FS etc. and security part since we manage a lot of sensitive information so the compliance rules are crazy strict with MFA, certificates and the whole caboodle with GDPR, so I'm not superworried there, but I am not looking forwards to building up the Office 365 intranet/sharepoint/teams/yammer/bookings etc. caboodle alone for a 200 people + company, including getting old data out from our existing systems. This seemed like a good idea when I first conceived the idea, and I will probably think it's brilliant when I'm done. But right now I have more dread than tingles.

  2. #602
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,942
    BG Level
    10

    So simple stuff, company want to use a CRM. But that is 99% independant of the actual company, aka all it will use from Company data is the Email. They wanna use SalesNow CRM which is a cloud based CRM.

    They want me to build the whole account and manage everything.

    I told them no as it is not IT's reponsability to deal with the CRM (I'll gladly deal wit hthe Email part as they want it to connect to the companies email, but nothing more.)

    What is your opinion on this

  3. #603
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,805
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    CRM is 100% not your responsibility outside of implementation. Should be handled by sales operations or whoever runs their backend. Sales is always the focus of CRM shit anyway.

  4. #604
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I told them no as it is not IT's reponsability to deal with the CRM
    If you're stuck in the same situation as me and they don't give a fuck that it's none of your business ask for paid formations, higher budget for the team and a raise to deal with CRM shit.

  5. #605
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,942
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    If you're stuck in the same situation as me and they don't give a fuck that it's none of your business ask for paid formations, higher budget for the team and a raise to deal with CRM shit.
    Yeah no that sentence doesn't work.

    Boss sent an email asking me to take care of it with that sentence

    "Don't say that CRM is not IT stuff, as this company is like a familly we don't have 'departments' well we do but everyone helps others so you have to do the same, if i ask this guy to do the Lawn he will not say well i'm a sales manager, since we are a 'familly' he will go do it'

    Can't use the I have too much work excuse either, as I'm alone for 45 employess.

    The only excuse I can really use is the fact that the servers made by the old IT were so shit that I pass almost all my day fixing errors instead of being proactive

  6. #606
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,805
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    "Don't say that CRM is not IT stuff, as this company is like a familly we don't have 'departments' well we do but everyone helps others so you have to do the same, if i ask this guy to do the Lawn he will not say well i'm a sales manager, since we are a 'familly' he will go do it'
    This is infuriating.

  7. #607
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,942
    BG Level
    10

    Now i see why the boss is mad, his kid sent him a private email saying that me and the controler has been putting stick in their wheels for 4 months now

    While i got no info about their CRM since Febuary

  8. #608
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,499
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I had sympathy until you got to the "alone for 45 employees" part xD try 230!
    No matter where you go, you're probably always going to be running around fixing crap due to being undermanned and underfunded

    They don't care, they expect us all to be Scotty.

    The shit of it all, whether it's IT or not, sooner or later there will be technical challenges, and they will expect you to be ready to deal with it. You might as well be in the loop.

  9. #609
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Yeah no that sentence doesn't work.

    Boss sent an email asking me to take care of it with that sentence

    "Don't say that CRM is not IT stuff, as this company is like a familly we don't have 'departments' well we do but everyone helps others so you have to do the same, if i ask this guy to do the Lawn he will not say well i'm a sales manager, since we are a 'familly' he will go do it'

    Can't use the I have too much work excuse either, as I'm alone for 45 employess.

    The only excuse I can really use is the fact that the servers made by the old IT were so shit that I pass almost all my day fixing errors instead of being proactive
    I guess the other alternative is to bullshit to your boss that you have the actual knowledge to handle this. Doing this means you'll be accountable once shit hit the fan. If your boss refuses any kind of training for you that will be his problem.

    This is how I was able to get Sage and Salesforce certifications and you have no ideas how this increases your demandability on the job market.

  10. #610
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,805
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    +1 for those certs.

  11. #611
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9,302
    BG Level
    8

    converting first order logic to cnf when you have a negation on the outside of like six nested parenthetical clauses


    KILL. ME. NOW.


    if anyone is good with logic stuff, I would absolutely love it I could get some help checking my work. shot in the dark, I know. but if you're really bored and could help a brother out... lmk! when you have this many layers of bullshit it's just like, no matter how good you are with logic you start to second guess yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag