+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Me to PM: Yeah I know the site isn't working but it's not a code issue. Something is wrong with the environment/network. You need to talk to a system admin because I don't control how a site set up.

PMs response to me:

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

PDU in a remote site went down and brought down 1/3 of the total bandwidth at one of my clients. Happened on Saturday. Did a site visit noticed the PDU was down moved the switch, firewall, and other equipment to be plugged directly into the back of the UPS. Everything came back up. Circuit still isn't passing traffic. Some other simultaneous networking issue is causing issues.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Win follow up. After a week and much over time I was able to rewire the network at both ends of a major microwave link that is a 11 mile shot install a new radio at one end of the link and bring it all back up today. This is one of those problems that I almost felt like crying after I resolved it because I feel like I have been banging my head against the wall all week to get it fixed. Multiple points of failure across the board and configuring a microwave radio that is super old, outdated and out of warranty and not supported anymore made this a complicated issue.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Win follow up. After a week and much over time I was able to rewire the network at both ends of a major microwave link that is a 11 mile shot install a new radio at one end of the link and bring it all back up today. This is one of those problems that I almost felt like crying after I resolved it because I feel like I have been banging my head against the wall all week to get it fixed. Multiple points of failure across the board and configuring a microwave radio that is super old, outdated and out of warranty and not supported anymore made this a complicated issue.
    I love people like you in my job. Too many just go "meh, get a new one", and while that is (often) the best way out, sometimes you really do need the old stuff fixed!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag