BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So if someone who was relatively decently geared just after Adoulin's 1st major update decided to come back, would they be able to progress through these with pick-up help?

Thinking about re-subbing just to go through the story and then deactivate until the next update. If I can't progress (because im 100% certain my linkshell no longer exists), then it won't be worth the money or time.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Story part is lv 75 at best.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So if someone who was relatively decently geared just after Adoulin's 1st major update decided to come back, would they be able to progress through these with pick-up help?

Thinking about re-subbing just to go through the story and then deactivate until the next update. If I can't progress (because im 100% certain my linkshell no longer exists), then it won't be worth the money or time.
    I finished both fights with sparks/bayld gear and trust NPCs and barely took any damage on NIN.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I teamed up with a JP and Siren charmed me and I killed the JP guy ...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    I teamed up with a JP and Siren charmed me and I killed the JP guy ...
    This is why we cannot have a nice community between EN and JP.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh is that why I saw someone dead? I was like how can people die to this lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yea I kept killing my mule, which made me feel bad cause there were other people waiting their turns. She kept charming me at like 1% hp left and when she goes yellow cause I am charmed and my mule was dead, she would regenerate HP. I guess that explains why when others were fighting her she seemed to stop moving at all like she was stunned. The person was probably charmed.

Kinda curious why Siren doesnt have that new avatar glow though if she is an avatar. She seems awefully small kinda as well.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hey, astleast you guys werent this JP dude:

01:15:18Toytoy casts Stone II.Siren takes 149 points of damage.
    12 times before he realized he wasnt working. Then when he caught on to that, he started doing this
    01:15:32Toytoy casts Water.Siren takes 724 points of damage.
    This was a black mage btw...

01:18:41Vermy casts Blizzard.Siren takes 1109 points of damage.
    on whm

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ehh

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I loled at the number of people who refused to team up on Siren only to get charmed, have Siren go unclaimed and then get killed by one of the waiting groups.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    I loled at the number of people who refused to team up on Siren only to get charmed, have Siren go unclaimed and then get killed by one of the waiting groups.
    Honestly was my biggest fear when I got charmed three times lol, thankfully the few that were waiting didn't gank it. Then again no one was asking to team up, everyone was just standing waiting with trusts out.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    I happened to do it during a break in groups I guess, though I killed my alt >.>

What I was confused at was the THF I saw seeking by the Qufim fight that I invited, and in short, he wasn't on the mission. He just thought it dropped something.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I'm on hour 16 or 17 of trying to update FFXI so I can log in, wanting to play Rhapsodies ._. Its at 47%

This is absolutely stupid. Nothing else is running slow at all on my PC or any other, so I can only assume its because the servers are being slammed with people doing the same thing. But fucking christ, 17 goddamn hours and I'm only at 47%. The free weekend/week(?) will be over before its done patching.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Well, I'm on hour 16 or 17 of trying to update FFXI so I can log in, wanting to play Rhapsodies ._. Its at 47%

This is absolutely stupid. Nothing else is running slow at all on my PC or any other, so I can only assume its because the servers are being slammed with people doing the same thing. But fucking christ, 17 goddamn hours and I'm only at 47%. The free weekend/week(?) will be over before its done patching.
    You doing a fresh install? Or just the last patch.

Cause if its just the patch bypass SE and download it via the link. 15min update once you've copied in the new files.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    You doing a fresh install? Or just the last patch.

Cause if its just the patch bypass SE and download it via the link. 15min update once you've copied in the new files.
    Unfortunately a fresh install. Never got FFXI on this particular Laptop ._.

I closed FFXI and playonline and relogged in. Its moving faster a little faster now, I actually have a "Time Remaining" too, 2 hours.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fusi Thassarian
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

I'm stuck on Somber Dreams... I kille Cetus but advance on Wings of the Goddess mission before getting the CS for this one. Now I'm not getting any CS and I can't pop Cetus again. Any advise?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did you try the next mission? Did you check the official forums at the post "why i cant proceed in RoV" You might be missing a character needed for missions. If its WoTG part its possible you didnt beat WoTG yet? Ive heard people were able to finish or get a decent amount done without finishing wotg but im not sure since i actually did beat wotg before hand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You could also try one of various "Resume Point"s located in each zone, might trigger the CS if you fulfill conditions.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fusi Thassarian
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

I completed the WotG storyline (got my earring) and killed Cetus. I just don't get the CS in walk of echoes afterwards. I tried touching all ??? with no luck. I also don't get a CS in Norg to start the next mission.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did you go to the right part of Walk of Echoes? I can't remember which one you need.