Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Maybe a huge battle against all the old bosses like Apoc Nigh.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She's clearly Phoenix~

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    She's clearly Phoenix~
    That's what I thought as well on first glance - and it could make sense thematically if they see it as a last hurrah before rising again on mobile.

But, Tenzen is there with his blade all Phoenix-ey as well.

Sorta looks like Ayame too, just the wrong weapon.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

We never got to see much of her so that would be nice to see here make a come back. I hope Bahamut is involved too, and we can summon him!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Trust: Altana? :O

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Trust: Altana? :O
    With aura Transcendency!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    She's clearly Phoenix~
    Pretty much my thought since they emphasized Tenzen as much as they did. Then again, he is a SAM...

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Plot twist: Her name is finally revealed as
    Spoiler: show
    Hydaelyn

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Something Phoenix-related seems pretty likely, with Tenzen and Selh'teus, the two Phoenix-related dudes, being the two most prominent people around the border (along with the fire effects and the maybe-kinda-Far-Easty clothes/sam-polearm going on with the mystery lady in general).

Also, never realized before that they've got five major expansion-chick npcs to work with, if you count Lion (and the artwork makes it clear that we should). An Important number.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Didn't they say during the presentation that they were adding 2 more avatars?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lion once promised to sail around the world with you one day when the conflict in RoZ was all over. That would be a subtle and classy way to end the storyline.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lemme story something up.

we could start with setting sail with lion, ending up in Gha Naboh, solving some civil war. along the way we get help from national heroes, aldo and zeid.. and theres some new battle content in Yhoh, Tsahya or Zhwa. Next we head to somewhere on the frontlines of battle in the far east (2-3 zones to flesh it out, but not the city, just the warzone (they're still at war, and theres emptiness eating away at its furthest reaches), and we meet tenzen and with nashmeiras help stop the war and then someone stole the blade and rekindled phoenix. we go find selhteus for help and then some plot twist happens where someone use the power of the void that hades came from to open a portal to the walk of echoes, into the past. we give chase and lilisette returns from Lilith's world saying its being rewritten by someone.. and so we travel back in time, to different points in history - to the time of shadow lords defeat, to tavnazia during the time of the siege, to rhazowa before the orcish army destroyed yggdrasil, and uh.. to the time of the meltdown. eventually we find ourselves in provenance and fight promathia and altana thanks us and gives us a choice to rewrite history but we refuse, so we return to our time. only the people who took part in this adventure remember anything.

lol..

call me wishful but i'm hoping they'd pull out all the stops to let us visit all the major locations that we couldn't in the past.
    the road map promises new areas.. so it would appear that this last scenario would be similar to Abyssea. I'm hoping however that these are brand new areas and not rehashed old zones. we already know this will involve all the major characters from past expansions.. so theres a good chance we might actually visit some of these areas.

the far east, gha naboh and tavnazia. we don't have to have access to the entirely of the far east or the south.. but like just a representation, in the form of a town we can visit... or an outpost in the middle of the warzone.. just to get a feel of it. anything more would be far too unrealistic.
    If Abyssea could supply us with 3 zones per scenario update, i suppose RoV could too.. and 3 zones is more than enough to flesh them out if they make good use of them.

Campaign
    BG Level

So much wishful thinking!
    If that's what you guys seriously expect there's going to be some major disappointment

I think some of you guys are expecting way too much. If they wanted to flesh out (concept art, lore, etc) all the areas we haven't seen they'd just make proper expansions because they know they can make money off of that. I doubt these new areas will be anything interesting to look at. They technically counted places like Provenance to be new areas even though they were basically just a lobby + a battlefield.

If I keep my expectations low I'll probably be happy regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    If I keep my expectations low I'll probably be happy regardless.
    That is truly the best way to live.
    ESPECIALLY with regards to FFXI.

As for the "mystery" woman (can't tell if previous post is troll or legit, and too lazy to look for source), it's likely Phoenix related.
    Fire motif.
    Halo (Asian/Hindi version. And all the Avatars are gods... Even the shitty fake gods that are just platonic forms, EG: Terrestrial Avatars).
    Tenzen and Sel'theus taking "top billing" along side her.
    Add the fact that Phoenix is in who knows how many fragments, and that Tenzen can revive the piece in his sword with the blood of untold how many virgins (cause apparently Phoenix is a baller like that)...

I think she's a new NPC (gogo March or April data mine to spoil her sprite) but she is DEFINITELY Phoenix related...
    Though I wouldn't rule out random Ayame either.
    The plot could go anywhere and shenanigans happen.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They need to make old-tavnazia the last battle-content zone. Everything comes full circle.

I wish they could flesh out the far south and far east like adoulin but likely just outposts. Far east will probably be a wajaom woodlands clone with a few ramparts. Far south will probably be kazham-like with a yuhtunga jungle field type zone with wooden pike fences and cabins. There's going to be a lot of fan service, and the final few cutscenes are gonna remind me of the last episode of the anime Golden Boy, where the main woman from every episode makes deus-ex-macina appearances at every turn and fawns over the main character(Well "insert player" saved my future!" "Oh yeah? Well he/she and I stopped Ragnarok and saved my Empire!" etc.

Also inb4 Phoenix is a Fragmented Avatar, which manifested as different entities. Prishe, Lion, Lillisette, Nashmeira, Arciela. Each one representing some kind of trait or personality-aspect. Phoenix could be the main "anti-villain" who wants to destroy vanadiel and resurrect everything from the start, kind of like a dark phoenix grand reset. The logic is that it's the only true way to destroy emptiness, and it would be a good plot twist as phoenix awakens and absorbs all the heroines into herself as they are similar to how caitnsiths were all fragments of altana. Then, periodically throughout the fight, one heroine splinters off from phoenix every 10% and joins the battle as an NPC and the last 10% we have all the heroines fighting by our sides(reminiscent of ff4 when the boss cant be damaged but everyone you helped on your journey prays for you).

Phoenix being kind of like an anti-villain(think magneto) that wants to destroy everything for the greater good seems like a typically appropriate FF plot, and then we have to defeat Phoenix and appeal to her with corny platitudes like "we wont give up, we have hope and love!" and "as long as i live, i'll keep fighting to protect those i care for!".

And then phoenix will be defeated and come to her senses and apologize, but then your typical "i'm sorry altana's children, though i recognize your hope is real and you have proven your valor. my powers have already taken effect, "Rebirth Flame" has already begun and i can no longer control it. It shall incinerate the universe...twere there only a way i could stop it..." Then all the heroine's voices or ghosts will appear and be like "Prishe: Yo (player) are you really gonna gove up that easily?" And they'll all rebuke you for "giving up" and then some miracle happens where they combine their powers and memories(referencing Trust magic) and the world is saved.

It's so easy to think fo possible plots because ff11 has used every pg-13 plot cliche i can think of and everything is rehashed. The only time there was actually some cool plot twists I didn't expect were SoA, but even then, they disappointed me when fharacters who were brutually killed, were resurrected. It's always more heartfelt and poignant when characters we are attached to stay dead.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

http://imgur.com/nMQqIy4
    Definitely Phoenix

I would love to visit Olzhirya, Rhazowa, and the east of Aradijah, but realistically I don't see either of those happening. Concepting and creating an entirely new landmass, even if only 1 tiny outpost of it, is way too much effort to put into something that will have no future content updates. Abyssea gave us three zones per add on because it just reused existing zones with a couple of changes such as removing crags. I wouldn't expect anything more than that from these addons. But I'll definitely reactivate to experience the end of the story, come November.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Shiiit how difficult would it be to get a password reset from. Square Enix to. Come back for this

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hm I think you'll need the DOB/Name on the account as you cannot change that. Then possibly the original POL codes but maybe not.