Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I really hope this ties up the countless loose ends like the purpose of the gordius and lightbringer, odin's role in virtually everything, hades' origins and truth about tartarus, true history of origins of vanadiel, what exactly lumoria is, where did terrestrial avatars and atomos come from, as they seem to have powers rivaling the gods yet are not true gods.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Hm I think you'll need the DOB/Name on the account as you cannot change that. Then possibly the original POL codes but maybe not.
    That and if you linked pol account to SE account youll need the email address that you did that too.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    They need to make old-tavnazia the last battle-content zone. Everything comes full circle.
    ^ This right here is all that matters.

I also wonder if they are going to up the ilvl with each addon 123 > 126 > 129

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i was thinking it'd be more sweeping.. like 129 -> 139 -> 149. that way they'd end with 50 levels above cap.
    it'd also mean people would have a challenge to look forward to.

if they were smart about it, one of the battle contents would be something like incursion where u can go higher and higher and push harder... cos something like that would be able to last very long. classic nyzul style works too

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Would require a ton more balancing i'd think and then reforge everything all over again. -_-

Campaign
    BG Level

I can sense a lot of butthurting incoming, you guys have way too high hopes for something that's likely very low budget and put together in a hurry with a lot of retcons and fanservice.
    If they'll manage to tie up a couple of loose hands I'll be surprised already lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Personally, I expect A Crystalline Prophecy all over again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Personally, I expect A Crystalline Prophecy all over again.
    Where you reforge your old pieces ilvl them bwhahah

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i imagine they've been working on RoV for much longer than they've let on. contracts with 3rd parties take some time to negotiate. they've probably been in talks with Crooz and Nexon for like 4-5 months? and could have been working on RoV since then.
    I'd say the bulk of the real work is cutscenes cos those take time. If anything i'd peg my expectations to around Abyssea level - but that wouldn't be fair because Abyssea blew my expectations out of the water. (and i based my expectations of that on the 3 story add-ons, so it obviously delivered above expectation)

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i imagine they've been working on RoV for much longer than they've let on.
    What if they didn't?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It can only be awesome SE is good at fan service at least It will be cool to see all the npc again(and all the players that did quit long time ago come back for the end) challenge wise, it will prolly be easy till the end now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe they'll release a dossier explaining the formulas of every spell/JA/WS and trait.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    What if they didn't?
    {|That's too bad.|}

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe they'll release a dossier explaining the formulas of every spell/JA/WS and trait.
    I highly doubt the documentation to that is still around. Who knows how buried those all are buried in spaghetti code.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My body is ready for an ilvl Royal Redingote.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm sure the formulas are in some kind of master spreadsheet or something because they adjust spells and abilities all the time.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"Where are they now?!" Final Fantasy XI edition.

We'll learn that Tenzen went on to have a kid with Ayame and that they're going back to his homeland.

Gessho will open up a dojo designed to foster peace between the Empire and the Yagudo Shogunate.

Ulmia will go on to sing for the new traveling Tavnazian Choir, called Distant Worlds.

Prishe is officially crowned the new Queen of Tavnazia.

Trion and Cuirilla finally make plans to settle down.

Altana finally appears in humanoid form to thank you for your sub money and being her footperson all these years. "Sorry about Wings of the Goddess, the whole thing was a big mess."

Promathia offers to shake your hand. "Good game." he says about Chains of Promathia.

Gilgamesh acknowledges that some 6 armed guy was looking for you to duel for your weapons but couldn't make it because he heard about a better challenge in a far away place called "Eorzea"

Garliage Citadel is bulldozed.

Shantotto plans to tear open a portal and live in the interdimensional rift to continue pestering her 'subjects', plan on seeing her in the future she says. Ohohohohoho!

Game ends with you flying on an airship into the sunset.

"Thank You for playing and remember... the crystal is with you... always."
    Then an advertisement for XIV.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Can we have bahamut as a summon somewhere in there lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sure the formulas are in some kind of master spreadsheet or something because they adjust spells and abilities all the time.
    And yet they just figured out that blind was int based... they don't really adjust most abilities either. Heck until recently they hadn't done much adjusting of spells or ws and even then they did what 2 ws updates and a couple of elemental magic and enmity updates the enmity ones looking to be very simplistic

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure that was just Matsui speaking off what he thought he remembered. I really doubt he actually consulted with any of the spell mechanic programmers before talking offhandedly about blind's primary stat.