Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    considering the woman with the polearm wields a naginata (oriental styled polearm), wears a hachimaki (headband), has the rest of her garb looking kimono-ish.. and has the flaming bird (phoenix) motif, it looks like we'll get to go to the far east to some extent
    I agree.
    At least with one caveat: we won't get it until Nov.
    Because we're getting only ONE 100% new zone (my money is on Vunkerl Inlet and Grauberg in modern times for the "reskinned" zones), so given the import of Phoenix there... And how that poster screams "this is about Phoenix!!", I think it's safe to say that the singular new zone will be one related to the Far East.
    Maybe the ruins of the capital?
    Maybe just a zone eaten away and the capital is forbidden from being entered.
    (Wouldn't be surprised if they had started work on a Far East expansion, then PS2 support gets dropped, and they think the loss of 1/3 of the JP playerbase will be too damaging for the game to profit from an expansion... So they axed it after having built at least one zone... So that's the zone we're getting in RoV.
    100000000% BS speculation. But it's logically sound.)

Campaign
    BG Level

Are you really buying their ps2 excuse?
    And lol, 1/3 of player base?
    Sillyq fae

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Progressing through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will increase the number of alter ego you can summon. Interesting. I can imagine epic parties i can use with this. All five mythril musketeers, all five serpent generals, the five tarutarus (Kupipi, Ajido, Shantotto, Karaha, Koru), five sandorian knights (Trion, Curilla, Rahal, Excenmille, Valaineral)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46861
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...3804/13804.jpg
    [dev1263] Rhapsodies of Vana'diel
    Joining all of FINAL FANTASY XI's stories into a grand culmination of tales, Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will see the return of characters across many previous missions and quests. Characters new and old weave the threads of an epic adventure that will span all of Vana'diel.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...775732&thumb=1
    Progressing through Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will increase the maximum number of alter egos a character can call forth and provide a wide range of other perks.

* The new missions will be divided between three major updates.
    The May Update will introduce the first chapter of the saga along with an all-new area and fresh battle content.
    Expecting whoever she is to be a new trust.

Campaign
    BG Level

"and provide a wide range of perks"
    Like what, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Like what, I wonder?
    All the things!
    The new Wardrobe
    Auction House spaces +
    Unlocked subjob to 99 / Tertiary job
    Permanent free travel @ HP/Books
    Ingame JA0
    God mode

Campaign
    BG Level

I think we can all place our bets on GOD MODE of course.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

well we already know that they are possibly planning CP bonuses and stuff as rewards for these things. probably going to add as many boosts as possible geared toward solo/lowman play and ease of access

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Like what, I wonder?
    Couple things I suspect:

Strengthening Trusts in some way. Adding another slot is all well and good, but the big problem for using Trusts to solo some content now (and probably more if you're doing it at lower levels) is that they get they run out of gas and get the crap kicked out of them pretty quickly. Something like a series of KI upgrades (like, I dunno, shards of Phoenix's power) that reduce their damage taken and add decent regen/refresh could compensate for that a bit. Or put in GEO style Trusts that only boost other Trusts, to let you tune them that way.

I also wonder if these missions will be framed as inducting/including the player in a sort of Saviors of Vana'diel club, and in doing so, give them access to vendors or services over the course of it that are meant to compensate for dwindling AH supplies (or buyers). Similar to how early CoP missions unlocked functionality in the Tavnazian Safehold.

Campaign
    BG Level

Free Ergon Weapons for everybody, clearly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm hoping for subjob expansion, myself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Unlock SJ Lv1 SP ability. SJ lvl +1 (any big game changers from lvl 50 SJ?).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

God all the old NPCs are going to look so shitty next to her. Designed in 2001 vs Designed in 2015.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Unlock SJ Lv1 SP ability. SJ lvl +1 (any big game changers from lvl 50 SJ?).
    Dude can you imagine being able to cast freeze /blm!?! chainspell freeze man! But composure would be a pretty big deal. As would super jump. Maybe random deal? Vallaince would be also be pretty nice

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/sch would get a pretty huge boost if it could go one level higher. You'd get an additional stratagem charge max, -40 seconds on stratagem cooldown, Protect III, and Stona.

It's interesting and a little sad to think of Rhapsody as the "we're going to translate FFXI over to a solo-style game". On the other hand, given the mobile version, perhaps this was inevitable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Couple things I suspect:

Strengthening Trusts in some way. Adding another slot is all well and good, but the big problem for using Trusts to solo some content now (and probably more if you're doing it at lower levels) is that they get they run out of gas and get the crap kicked out of them pretty quickly. Something like a series of KI upgrades (like, I dunno, shards of Phoenix's power) that reduce their damage taken and add decent regen/refresh could compensate for that a bit. Or put in GEO style Trusts that only boost other Trusts, to let you tune them that way.
    You can already buff them with KI from monster raising in the mog garden. It'd be great if they added a way to make more than one memento active at a time. Of course, if they did that, everyone would double-up on the uragnite ones for CP. Screw the trusts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well part of that is how weak the mementos are for alter egos (and the cost to keep switching). 5% att/ratt wont really effect their mediocre dmg. The 5% acc might be decent if that's what it really is not just 5acc but on anything you'd need it the trust do horribad dmg to anyways. And similarly the 8% def or 5 mdb or 5% evasion/def wont really help their survivability much. And no things like regen/refresh

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hope at the finale of the missions (or sometime after) they do some sort of god mode thing for the remainder of the game's life.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Clearing the finale grants you access to the debug menu, where you're able to do anything you want include terminate players without any worry. The race would be to complete it before anyone else could and removing those you cannot trust.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast