BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh wow, mythic progress was pretty much all that was keeping me going....

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Damn you for being able to play while I am stuck patching for 10 hours

How are the missions? Does the story so far do the sendoff justice?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Alex and Dynamis currency will no longer be worth anything now, I guess I am ok with that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

underwhelming/cliche. stuck in the story at the moment, not really sure how to progress it

Campaign
    BG Level

Ramzii since you have all 3 KIs, can you check which items are for sale on those new moogles? One added in each town.
    I assume the 3 moogles sell the same stuff, but they sell nothing by default and new items unlock with each of the 3 KIs which you said you already have.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow all three in one update, wonder what else they are gonna come up with. Oh well, faster mythics for all!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Medicines:
    most of the common meds (i.e. status removal, potions/ethers/oils/powders)

Ammunition:
    quivers/pouches for arrows/bullets/shurikens up to lv75

ninjutsu tools:
    bags for every ninjutsu except the universal ones and maybe not past lv75?

foodstuffs:
    some basic ingredients and foods (kabobs, pies, possibly lower end skillup foods? idr)

scrolls:
    instant-warp/rr/retract/ss/shell/protect

keys:
    i think every chest/coffer key in the game.

tbh they may as well just add mythic weapons straight to the next login campaign cause that's how easy they are now. there's officially nothing in the game left with any sort of longevity and it's making the future look even bleaker

Campaign
    BG Level

Empyrean weapons and Ergon Weapons say hello to you, Ramzii.
    (altough I assume that's going to change with next RoV chapter)

Those items look potentially nice if they add better stuff with the next RoV chapter.

Guys, nothing new btw. FFXI is going to die eventually, slowly, sometimes during 2016.
    Isn't this something we already knew? Except those people who were trying so hard to refuse this very simple fact?
    At least now we know that what's ahead of us seems to be some very hectic months full of fun-to-do stuff that maybe will help leaving a nice memory of this game within all of us.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

empyrean weapons suck dick, especially even less incentive to do them now unless you're a completionist. fair point on ergon but that's for 2 jobs and i'm sure those will be made ez mode in the summer too. i was personally already going to quit in november so this doesn't particularly affect me, but you'd think SE would wanna milk this game as long as possible while it's still giving them a profit with no work. at this rate i'll honestly be surprised if the game even makes it to march

Campaign
    BG Level

I was thinking about Daurdabla, of course.
    Kannagi is nice too, not worth the effort, but it doesn't suck dick. Pretty much everything else is just like you said =/ Unless I'm forgetting something.
    Another long time goal is Afterglows for sure.
    I mean, not worth it arguably, but then again a lot of relics and mythics weren't worth it either compared to the other post-SoA options, and the more time passes by the better options come out.
    There's still several very cool tools among their ranks, but it's a different scenario from the Pre-SoA one, no?
    Plus, quit frankly, the "worth" of such goals is highly subjectives.

Anyway, different words but I think we're pretty much saying the same things. The only difference I can sense in our stances is that you seem to be surprised and to have changed your mind after reading today's patch notes, whereas I kinda thought similar things even before these changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was expecting something like this to happen as a reward for completing rhapsodies, not in the first hour of the scenario for being able to press enter a few times and auto attacking a few mobs while you go take a dump. I didn't think the timers would be reduced by over ten-fold either. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing at all, but that maybe they went a little overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    empyrean weapons suck dick, especially even less incentive to do them now unless you're a completionist. fair point on ergon but that's for 2 jobs and i'm sure those will be made ez mode in the summer too. i was personally already going to quit in november so this doesn't particularly affect me, but you'd think SE would wanna milk this game as long as possible while it's still giving them a profit with no work. at this rate i'll honestly be surprised if the game even makes it to march
    Removing things like the forced daily waits doesn't technically change the time required to acquire currency. 14 hours of Dynamis a week is still 14 hours. Not everyone is going to be doing that every day for 12 days just to get their 75 relic. Even cutting that to 6 hours a day, you're looking at about a month per weapon. So, while you think longevity has taken a hit, I personally see it as broadening the scope. Instead of working on one weapon for a job, people can move on to the next.

Or it's just a filthy casuals gripe. I dunno.

Campaign
    BG Level

You're talking about something that 99% of the people in here didn't consider to be a real gating to begin with.
    Alex was never a real "gating" for Mythics. If you had the gil (granted that it's a big "if") you could complete that part in a day. For the other requirements there was no chance to make it faster, there was a minimum required and you had to wait it, period.
    I think the truth is somewhere in between. Alex may not have been a realistic gating for people with gazilions of gil, but for pretty much everybody else it sure was.

Anyway I think you're failing to see it through. The consequence of removing such daily gatings isn't so much in the fact that you will be able to solo farm faster (because in such a scenario your farming speed won't really change that much). The main byproduct of this change will be the increase of such currencies on the market, with the obvious consequent devaluation which means you'll be able to buy them for much cheaper.
    Well, at least in theory, I'm not too good with economics but I'm confident to a certain degree that's what should happen.

It's gonna be nice for people still interested in farming Mythic weapons (alas, I'm not), but for who was using Alex to fund other things, it might actually make things harder.
    Personally I'm more interested in Ergon Weapons, I'd really love to get an Epeolatry and an Idris before quitting this game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The change are awesome :D; now I can work on my mythic one day every 2-3 weeks instead of 1h everyday.

Jesus fucking Christ at the update.... You've got to be shitting me that they're just gonna start passing out free Relic/Mythic... unreal... not like they weren't already but god damn...

Why so sirious?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think people are overlooking the real problem that some crazy people are going to spam salvage several times a day and it's going to cause a ton of congestion to the zones possibly to the point of them crashing daily like ARR II was before the daily limit. Who cares if mythics are cheaper/faster to make when most people aren't going to stick around past December?

Campaign
    BG Level

That issue was caused mostly by a fuckton of people gathering inside Arrapago II, overloading the instancing server for that specific instance.
    Since the Arra limitation is still in place, you won't be able to run Arra more than once a day, meaning that for your successive runs you'll have to use different zones. What's gonna people spam next? Bhaflau? SSR? Certainly not Zhayolm.
    I'm not sure it will become an issue, given the noticeably lower amount of players, but even if it will become I'm sure SE will have a ready finger to put the 2nd most spammed zone after Arra under the same "once a day" limitations.
    Or maybe something completely different like 1hr cooldown for Salvage, but 4hr cooldown for every single zone. That way if you wanna do 4 successive runs you'll have to rotate all 4.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Now can they pleeease let every post-Zilart job get a relic weapon and GEO/RUN get an empyrean?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    I was expecting something like this to happen as a reward for completing rhapsodies, not in the first hour of the scenario for being able to press enter a few times and auto attacking a few mobs while you go take a dump. I didn't think the timers would be reduced by over ten-fold either. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing at all, but that maybe they went a little overboard.
    You have this completely backwards. If I haven't started a mythic, why the hell would I start one now without a fasttracked process?

Making mythics appear realistic to every regular player is going to get them a lot more money in subs than continuing with the previous process. "Wow, you mean if I start today, a year and 200 million gil from now I can have a weapon I don't need in a game not getting any new content? Sign me up!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast