Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ at the update.... You've got to be shitting me that they're just gonna start passing out free Relic/Mythic... unreal... not like they weren't already but god damn...
    Reminds me of the end of FFXIV 1.0.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i am not feeling the bang atm rhapsodies should have brought (according to teh devs). the Kis are nice etc but irrelevant for me since I got the weapons i wanted for my jobs. The missions were extremly short, and Escha-zitah is lacking potential unless something really insane is found out. The normal mobs in there arent even IT to ilvl 119 players...

Honestly even without the daily limits it still takes like hundreds of hours to actually get the bills/alex/etc. for the RME if you were to farm all of it up yourself. How many of you are actually going to be doing that?

I'd rather spend the twilight years of XI going through and enjoying the quests I never did, rewatching the story cutscenes, etc. instead of grindy bullshit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All this looks exactly like the personal touches ppl like to have in private servers to compensate for the low populations.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    All this looks exactly like the personal touches ppl like to have in private servers to compensate for the low populations.
    ^ All this does is make my life miserable updating my private server coding lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'd rather spend the twilight years of XI going through and enjoying the quests I never did, rewatching the story cutscenes, etc. instead of grindy bullshit.
    Same mostly... or maybe going for fun fights like lets see if I can solo/dual box this or fight it in an unusual way... not hey let's salvage 24/7

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly even without the daily limits it still takes like hundreds of hours to actually get the bills/alex/etc. for the RME if you were to farm all of it up yourself. How many of you are actually going to be doing that?

There's cutscenes and story to Mythics and Relics though. I mean, you speak to ghosts and stuff. Its cool.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So basically this update puts Oprah into the game.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    I got all 3 KIs already. Took under 2 hours, you just get them as you progress through the missions.

Ram! Hyriu told me you got banned? You back?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope people really aren't so butthurt that Mythics and Relics are being made easier to get in a game that will literally cease updating by the end of the year. I'm over it, and you should too! T

he game ending, shits being made more solo friendly and the more "Difficult" things are being made easier to achieve, quit now if its a big deal that other people will have the same pixel as you when the server shuts down. In my eyes, we all know the end is actually near, let them make the game easy mode, we had a good friggin run.

If anything it should be a lot more fun now. Its a bit more interesting having less lock outs on crap. I guess the new esha gear upgrade items will become the new currency seeing as everything is about to be torn apart.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I hope people really aren't so butthurt that Mythics and Relics are being made easier to get in a game that will literally cease updating by the end of the year. I'm over it, and you should too! T

he game ending, shits being made more solo friendly and the more "Difficult" things are being made easier to achieve, quit now if its a big deal that other people will have the same pixel as you when the server shuts down. In my eyes, we all know the end is actually near, let them make the game easy mode, we had a good friggin run.
    This is pretty much how I see it. Really curious what more they will add in the next two major updates now since I wasn't really expecting stuff like this. >.>

Campaign
    BG Level

^ this x 10.000, especially with lolmythics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I guess we'll see how FFXI plays out after RoV, but the Dynamis and Salvage changes seem kind of "whatever" to me... maybe even more annoying than anything.

I was working on a relic in January into February, and there will still enough people doing Dynamis that I'd sometimes /sea the zones and say "nope, maybe later". And it was pretty frequent that I'd have to spam the gate to get into Arrapago II.

If they're going to do this, I think they should make these two changes as well:

- redistribute monster camps in Dynamis Qufim, Buburimu, Valkurm and Tavnazia so that there are more tight triple camps, such as Eft > Dhalmel > Raven... each monster camp should take up a smaller geographic area to fit in more camps overall

- eliminate level ~75 mobs, replace all with level ~99

- eliminate unwanted/useless camps, like Urganites

- adjust the other Salvage II zones to be on par with Arrapago II - to prevent congestion

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post

The ones in Ceizak are combat skillup gold.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Dynamis Ceizak

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Dynamis Ceizak
    if you gonna that route do it right with: Dynamis Yorcia - Being lost for ever!

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

90 minutes only to get the TEs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post

If they're going to do this, I think they should make these two changes as well:

- redistribute monster camps in Dynamis Qufim, Buburimu, Valkurm and Tavnazia so that there are more tight triple camps, such as Eft > Dhalmel > Raven... each monster camp should take up a smaller geographic area to fit in more camps overall

- eliminate level ~75 mobs, replace all with level ~99

- adjust the other Salvage II zones to be on par with Arrapago II - to prevent congestion
    Or just remove the entire stupid proc system and fight w/e anytime

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Dynamis Ceizak
    my bad didn't know he was talking about dynamis camps.