BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleRune_Sigma View Post
    Well it's not all ways about being the best but just having fun with friends. But I can understand not wanting to go back if all your friends are gone.
    yeah I never cared about being the best but I had a core group of friends who knew what I could do and that I would follow instructions on vent and such... (they would probably still tell me that I am totally underestimating myself lol)

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    yeah I never cared about being the best but I had a core group of friends who knew what I could do and that I would follow instructions on vent and such... (they would probably still tell me that I am totally underestimating myself lol)
    Good friends are what these kinds of game are all about to me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleRune_Sigma View Post
    Good friends are what these kinds of game are all about to me
    I know and I still keep in touch with many of them! They just don't play ffxi anymore

oh well I should keep this to the nostalgia thread in main lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Q: Will we be able to go to the Orc Empire, the Mithra homeland, or to the far-east?

A: In terms of whether or not you’ll be able to go to these locations, you probably won’t be able to, but you should take a close look at the image of the woman with the polearm. I've been told not to say anything further, my apologies. We understand players' desire to go to these lands, so we’ll be putting tons of effort into developing “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” to try and meet these expectations.
    considering the woman with the polearm wields a naginata (oriental styled polearm), wears a hachimaki (headband), has the rest of her garb looking kimono-ish.. and has the flaming bird (phoenix) motif, it looks like we'll get to go to the far east to some extent

Campaign
    BG Level

Lol I doubt.
    I think he meant it more like "No you won't be able to go to those zones, but maybe you'll meet someone coming from those zones! (Phoenix)"

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

perhaps.. but that wasn't the vibe he gave in Japanese. you kinda have to know Japanese and watch it to understand.. its one of those i'm-not-allowed-to-say-anything kinds of ''probably not?" as opposed to a firm one. i don't really have my hopes up on anything at this point. we know too little about this RoV to really be able to expect anything

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Setting yourself up for disappointment.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Setting yourself up for disappointment.
    ^ this

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    considering the woman with the polearm wields a naginata (oriental styled polearm), wears a hachimaki (headband), has the rest of her garb looking kimono-ish.. and has the flaming bird (phoenix) motif, it looks like we'll get to go to the far east to some extent
    Or the crystal above her head could point to her being Altana...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the rewards from rhapsody of vanadiel seem to cater towards makeing the game easier, he mentioned being able to call more trusts out. i wouldnt be surprised if they lift the subjob restriction lvl to 99 so you can have your sj at 99 to. My guess is with the end of rhapsody we will have so much power that we can solo/duo basicly everything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think I'd rather have two subjobs than having one at 99.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I think I'd rather have two subjobs than having one at 99.
    ^does not have a BLU

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

am actually more excited about calling more trusts out. having a full party with trusts would be fun and would give us so many options to play with. some of the less useful ones would definitely see more action.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Unless they massively buff melee/tank/nuker trusts, people just going to use x5 support/healer instead of 3.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on what you are fighting. Some of the support gets rather redundant after awhile. Whms just double curing. brds singing stupid songs

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned it but to me the woman in center resembles Ultima

Campaign
    BG Level

I think it's pretty obvious they want us to believe she's Phoenix.
    Wether that's an honest hint or just a fake one to put us off track I can't say, but the hint per se is pretty clear, I'd dare to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocara View Post
    Hopefully Aldo can finally meet his sister, and other plot threads left unopen can be closed.
    Likely one of the least-done storylines for characters that left me going "Oh, fuck YOU!" at the end. I was hoping for a resurrection-of-Lion style afterquest line that gave them a chance to finally be brother and sister again.

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Or the crystal above her head could point to her being Altana...
    ...or it's another Seed Crystal.

I'd actually be delighted if Rhapsody is the expansion that ties the eventual death of Vana'diel and the birth of primal Eorzea together. The two worlds are at least co-existent to some degree, right?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    ...or it's another Seed Crystal.

I'd actually be delighted if Rhapsody is the expansion that ties the eventual death of Vana'diel and the birth of primal Eorzea together. The two worlds are at least co-existent to some degree, right?
    As co-existent as any parallel universes are. Vana'diel is about as co-existent to Eorzea as Earth is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast