Ragnarok

Add this line after the capacity ring
    [9009] = {Name="Etched Memory", Cost=10000, Option=1, Index=13},

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hello,

I just recently got this addon. Could anyone inform me of how safe using this would be? I have heard mixed opinions, and I am trying to make sure it is safe before I use it a lot.

Thanks!

Nothing that's automated is safe. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Hello,

I just recently got this addon. Could anyone inform me of how safe using this would be? I have heard mixed opinions, and I am trying to make sure it is safe before I use it a lot.

Thanks!
    the only way to be 100% safe is to not use any third party tools

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, Thanks for your replies.

Outside of it not being 100% safe, has anyone here used this without a problem? Could the risk be compared to any other addons I may already be using? Just trying to ease my mind if I choose to use it.

Thanks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Been using it for months. I'm still alive. Though if I see the SE van outside my house I shall report here to warn others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Ok, Thanks for your replies.

Outside of it not being 100% safe, has anyone here used this without a problem? Could the risk be compared to any other addons I may already be using? Just trying to ease my mind if I choose to use it.

Thanks.
    i have used it over 1000 times with no issues

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Granted the menus are much better now to get things over and over with sparks, I tried Sparks addon and it didnt do anything last night after the update. So whoever wrote it, if they like to fix it that would be cool. The choice is yours! [img]CaptainPlanet.jpg[img]

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just mentioning that the September Update made it so that when making a purchase from sparks vendors, the menu/cursor returns to the same page & item. I think it's actually faster to just buy directly now than use an addon. XD

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Just mentioning that the September Update made it so that when making a purchase from sparks vendors, the menu/cursor returns to the same page & item. I think it's actually faster to just buy directly now than use an addon. XD
    there's no way that could ever be true

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's faster than it used to be but not faster than addon.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Takes less than a sec to spam thru the menu now. When I tried the addon a couple weeks ago, I found that I had to wait at least 2sec or it could lockup on me, forcing me to force close the client.. Turn off the menu transition effects in the main config menu, then try it :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i haven't used the addon but if it's similar to bryth's code posted on the first page it's extremely unlikely that it would cause anything to lock up

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It does lock up occasionally if multiple people try using it on the npc at the same time. You can still move your camera and talk, but you cant move your char, you cant talk to npc's or have anyone act on you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was using the one for ashita and it was as simple as enter esc rinse repeat real fast without regard to menu. Doing it legit is like what enter scroll to yes enter again while waiting for the menus to change. I mean it's pretty close but no menu waits and 1 less button click definitely wins never had any lock ups the only problem is if I wait to long to talk to npc after exiting other pc/npcs pop up again and if someone else is there it might target them instead

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The addon definitely can be useful if you need a specific item, say Im doin guild points for gold craft. There are alot of items sold for sparks i can use for GP, and without lookin them up to see their level i sometimes have to look thru category. but the addon lets me just type the name in and get it without goin thru all that rabble.

I havent had sparks lock me up but lately I have been gettin locked up usin /lastsynth. I am not sure what causes it but its like im stuck in the middle of crafting without actually craftin. I can tab around and target things but npcs wont talk. I cant move. I cant open equipment menus, it gives the error message u get if u try that while synthing. Cant break it with cures or teleports. Doesnt happen all the time but Ive had it do it like 5 times in a row before. each time I had to //terminate cause I couldnt log out either. When I have unloaded every addon/plugin I havent had it happen yet. So maybe it soemthign similiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I have been gettin locked up usin /lastsynth. I am not sure what causes it but its like im stuck in the middle of crafting without actually craftin.
    if you use clipper make sure you disable the flag and ja0wait hacks

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I use JAZero, the hidden plugin in the launcher, so that could be the cause? I dont use clipper.