Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    just checked old photobucket, all i had were kills
    Spoiler: show

Thoroughly enjoyed looking at these! 75 cap era is what I miss the most about FFXI.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bring back BigKills.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I got my account reactivated, but I feel like a complete noob. There are only 500 people on Valefor at any given time. I have no idea how to exp now. I have no idea how the linkshell system works anymore. Can someone at least tell me how to exp? All the wiki articles and such are from 2010ish.

Oh, and my screenshots are nowhere to be found on my PS2.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    I hate to say it but we might need to make all this FFXI feels into a separate thread.
    FFXI Nostalgia/Why did I ever stop playing!?/Let's all go back to 2009 when the level cap was still 75/Never forget Kujata Thread?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I imagine interest in private servers is going to go up very soon.

Edit: Actually, they're a very good way for people to experience the storyline, since that seems to be a big fear with the new announcements.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    FFXI Nostalgia/Why did I ever stop playing!?/Let's all go back to 2009 when the level cap was still 75/Never forget Kujata Thread?
    ^ (didnt realize you were on Kujata)

It would be fun to play now with all of the people I know on the boards but I'd feel overwhelmed with all the changes post 75-cap

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090811171756

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I was just thinking about Fulmination emote spams. Good times.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I loved FFXI, I'm sad I no longer play it . I really wish 14 was more like XI 2.0 and everyone got back together. I'm sad my photobucket got bombed although if I get the HDD out of my first PC I might be able to save some pics.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...i/834a30d3.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

FFXI Nostalgia/Why did I ever stop playing!?/Let's all go back to 2009/Never forget Kujata Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    I hate to say it but we might need to make all this FFXI feels into a separate thread.
    From the first time hitting 75:

To near the end:

Pulled together a few random pictures too (mostly from near the end). Gonna have to really go through all my old screenshots sometime soon..
    First HNM:

Obligatory Frogs:

Obligatory Pre-Dynamis lost children:

We were always so polite:

And the end of Kujata..

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Holy shit, that last image. Needs a Majora's Mask moon or something.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Don't have it anymore but I got a Fafnir kill and Ridll dropped from it.

Best feeling ever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I got my account reactivated, but I feel like a complete noob. There are only 500 people on Valefor at any given time. I have no idea how to exp now. I have no idea how the linkshell system works anymore. Can someone at least tell me how to exp? All the wiki articles and such are from 2010ish.

Oh, and my screenshots are nowhere to be found on my PS2.
    Would help to know where you are in terms of level/expansions? Is the last time you played at the 75 cap or some other point? What job(s) are you playing? If you have Abysseas then Aby- La Theine worm camp is probably where most folks XP, not 100% sure about Valefor though. If you left at 75 then you need to do level cap quest every five levels, thankfully all except the last one at 95 only require cutscenes and collecting merit points/seals.
    If you want to run around solo and explore get some trust bishes to help you out. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Trust
    BG wiki overall is awesome and not from 2010ish, read there.
    If you have Adoulin expansion, head there and start unlocking waypoints etc for ease of travel and explore (unlock all homepoint warps you see! Just click on them to activate them). Adoulin requires doing quite a few quests to be able to get past reives and to use boats, climbing gloves and whatnot to move around zones until you have the waypoints/homepoints. Unlock Mog Garden for easy travel and free stuff. If you left the game long time before Adoulin then I would say that doing Wildskeeper Reives and buying gear with Bayld will be your fastest way into regearing a little bit. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Reive
    Get access to Records of Eminence asap and check out the gear you can get for your job(s). https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Records_of_Eminence
    If you're already 99 go see the Moogle in Ru'Lude gardens to unlock job point accumulation. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Job_Point...ing_Job_Points
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, should get you started?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That first time you legit voke Faf and you realize you didn't come PLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I imagine interest in private servers is going to go up very soon.

Edit: Actually, they're a very good way for people to experience the storyline, since that seems to be a big fear with the new announcements.
    They're still pretty far behind the retail curve, though. I don't know if it's difficulty in interpreting what SE does with code or just the lack of enough minds behind the DSP project to get everything out in a timely manner and bug-free. Overall, I wouldn't expect much "retail experience" post-CoP era, nevermind server specific modifications or the beliefs of hosts skewing what should or shouldn't be done with it.

Yo, I played on Kujata, too, as Griever(taru BLM/DRK). I didn't do Kings/Sky much though and ran in small jpn (doubutu) and english endgame shells. I kinda remember your name now lol I know about 90% of those older SS names. That's cray.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    They're still pretty far behind the retail curve, though. I don't know if it's difficulty in interpreting what SE does with code or just the lack of enough minds behind the DSP project to get everything out in a timely manner and bug-free. Overall, I wouldn't expect much "retail experience" post-CoP era, nevermind server specific modifications or the beliefs of hosts skewing what should or shouldn't be done with it.
    From the way I understand it, progress on private servers is incredibly stunted due to SE having a habit of switching everything around every single update. So when a private server finally gets a thing working, it may break the very next month due to a retail update. This problem should no longer exist after November.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The screenshots in OP are mostly before my time but I recognize a lot of the names just from seeing them around. Rioitz (who is in a couple of those screenshots) still plays on Valefor, the linkshell he was in got my friends and I back on our feet when we rejoined game 6ish months ago. He has a pearl to RAWR as well now that we can equip 2.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    That first time you legit voke Faf and you realize you didn't come PLD.
    The first time you voke KB with only 8 people present in a rookie HNMLS. Still amazes me we didn't wipe or let him rage.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Where my fairy server people at

I know you're here